Full Sail Entertainment Business Master's Program

I know that studying psychology + altering my consciousness with drugs in school (mainly weed and shrooms) + learning about music and production equaled = major fuel for creativity for me. Creatively, i feel i'm on some other ish. In a good way.

So you used drugs in college and now you wonder why you are not successful. Hint: stop using drugs.

Last edited:
Oh, what?
Forreal. I just joined this Future Producers board, so 1) I didn't know some of yall were college cats like me. and 2) I didn't know there were any Psychology majors on here like me. I graduated in 2010 with a Bachelors in Psych. And just like you, I didn't always have the impulse to get serious about audio engineering, but now I'm headed that way.
Man, I really do hope you get your plan together. Life is tough for a social science major in this global financial situation we in.

Growing up, I always had the idea I wanted to work in the music industry. Last year I decided I truly did, but by then, if I had transferred schools again, I would've spent extra money and a couple more years in college so I just decided to stick with psychology. My mom and a couple other family members might be able to hook me up with an entry level job to support myself while I get my artist management company up.

So you used drugs in college and now you wonder why you are not successful. Hint: stop using drugs.

Hilarious. I've smoked like once in the last 6 months.
Just a bit of quality experimentation is all. Relax. I got it.

Besides, I couldn't help myself. Writers, directors, and artists don't love the stuff accidentally.
...But based on your response, you might be more judgmental than I.

*Edit, I went to school in Santa Barbara (Southern California.) You would be smokin too.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Growing up, I always had the idea I wanted to work in the music industry. Last year I decided I truly did, but by then, if I had transferred schools again, I would've spent extra money and a couple more years in college so I just decided to stick with psychology. My mom and a couple other family members might be able to hook me up with an entry level job to support myself while I get my artist management company up.

Yeah, cool. I honestly wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
Why? I plan to open my own company. Degree doesn't matter. I just want the knowledge. Don't need an MBA. Waste of money.

Then go the HUSTLERS route. Buy the books online...just type in Music Business/Managment in fullsail's online bookstore library or amazon, pay a mentor to aid coach/train you and file your llc or s-corp!

I love ALMOST everything about full sail. All the current equipment. Lots of multitalented film/music types. Great spot to network and build relationships. The school is wide open, I used to go their and chop it up with whoever.

It is a private/vocational school so the prices are shockingly above-above average.....while a Masters degree in Business at UCF..right down the street... will run you 20-25k.. or even cheaper or possibly free with a high GMAT, scholarships and/or fellowships.....do that and network with the full sail staff/students for FREE...good luck whatever you choose.

Then go the HUSTLERS route. Buy the books online...just type in Music Business/Managment in fullsail's online bookstore library or amazon, pay a mentor to aid coach/train you and file your llc or s-corp!

I love ALMOST everything about full sail. All the current equipment. Lots of multitalented film/music types. Great spot to network and build relationships. The school is wide open, I used to go their and chop it up with whoever.

It is a private/vocational school so the prices are shockingly above-above average.....while a Masters degree in Business at UCF..right down the street... will run you 20-25k.. or even cheaper or possibly free with a high GMAT, scholarships and/or fellowships.....do that and network with the full sail staff/students for FREE...good luck whatever you choose.

I didn't know I could pay someone to mentor/aid me. I've recently just been considering taking a huge personal loan and attending the Musicians Institute, where I would have to intern for someone. I already have a couple of Music Business books. Finished 2, currently reading Don Passman's book.

I didn't know I could pay someone to mentor/aid me. I've recently just been considering taking a huge personal loan and attending the Musicians Institute, where I would have to intern for someone. I already have a couple of Music Business books. Finished 2, currently reading Don Passman's book.

People do it by proxy in this business..they'll pay anyone calling themselves a manager..lawyer..agent..producer...a+r hundreds/thousands/percentages/100%publishing rights for their primary services but never think to ask for a free consultation or slip them a few dollars/drinks/lunch for 30 minutes... just to chop it up.

You want to intern...call any promoter, label, marketing, pr firm and ask..preferably show up EVERYDAY and offer to work for free.

Keeping it 100..you already have a psych degree. You could apply for regular employment at any universal/warner's/sony subsidiary right now and get on! Psychology is the basis for most management/human resources curriculum. Craft a cover letter to note your experience and knowledge base. Make some chips first...then go for a master's...if you choose to.

Check out this article..how to market your psych bachelors in other fields:
Working Your Degree: Psychology - Dec. 8, 2000

Last edited:
People do it by proxy in this business..they'll pay anyone calling themselves a manager..lawyer..agent..producer...a+r hundreds/thousands/percentages/100%publishing rights for their primary services but never think to ask for a free consultation or slip them a few dollars/drinks/lunch for 30 minutes... just to chop it up.

You want to intern...call any promoter, label, marketing, pr firm and ask..preferably show up EVERYDAY and offer to work for free.

Keeping it 100..you already have a psych degree. You could apply for regular employment at any universal/warner's/sony subsidiary right now and get on! Psychology is the basis for most management/human resources curriculum. Craft a cover letter to note your experience and knowledge base. Make some chips first...then go for a master's...if you choose to.

Actually I can't. I've looked at all those jobs. All of them require some sort of music business experience.

If 35K/65K isn't a lot, why not just take out a loan for part of that to buy equipment/start your own business and teach yourself? At least then if you don't make it/decide it's not for you, you can sell it/declare bankruptcy rather than saddling yourself with a 35K dollar loan that you can never get rid of until it's paid off.

Or if you feel you need school, why not just audit some classes at a local university that does music production/engineering?

If 35K/65K isn't a lot, why not just take out a loan for part of that to buy equipment/start your own business and teach yourself? At least then if you don't make it/decide it's not for you, you can sell it/declare bankruptcy rather than saddling yourself with a 35K dollar loan that you can never get rid of until it's paid off.

Or if you feel you need school, why not just audit some classes at a local university that does music production/engineering?

Where did I ever say I was doing music production/engineering?

Just apply the same principles to whatever it is you plan on doing with your degree. School, especially for something as esoteric as the music industry (i.e. it has no transferable benefit outside of its specific curriculum), should always be a last resort when you've exhausted all your other options and have completely stalled and honestly can't break through a plateau without it.

By the sound of it though, it seems like you already have your mind made up and you're just looking for people to agree with you; in that case I wish you way more than luck

Right, and I'm saying if you want to open an entgroup, and 35K "isn't a lot" (lol), just take that money and do that; lots of people have been doing it for a long time

If you're asking ppl if the large sum of money they spent was worth it, I don't expect you'll find a lot of people who will say "no"

Back