French choir, beyonce vocals, and 2pac sound (samples). Check it out!

captainhook608

Wassup producers, My name is Captain Hook Im a member of BeatsWeTrust. I jus recently submitted a beat i made to Pusha-T's MassAppeal producer contest. Wanted to see what u guys think. Here's the link The Golden Light by Captain Hook on Legitmix - Discover remixes of the music you love I sampled a french choir, beyonce's version of the song and, a sound from 2pac's Ambitionz az a ridah!

Im new to the site so dont be too harsh lol, but if ur interested in checkin out other work me and my team has done you can go here https://soundcloud.com/beatswetrust608

Thanks

RETURNING FEEDBACK FOR YOU.

I like the Sample, the drums sound like Fruity Loops Stock Sounds. You need some thick hard clap and harder drums in general i think. i do like the hi-hat work a lot though. some parts seem a little empty. not bad though, keep doin ya thing.

sK

Heard "Ambition" This is fire, I got the ideal you were doing with the intro but I could def hear someone like Styles P on this goin off, dope work! This choir is nice also but Ambition I wibed with a lil more but only advice I could give is to work on your mixing a lil. Peace!

Nice man, the choir is definitely what pulled me into the beat. I didn't think the bass and kick meshed perfectly but it worked pretty well. I'm wondering if giving the kick a little more volume and punch would help it out so each individual bass note had more presence. Regardless, it's dope and the mix of the instruments and sample is really cool. Nice work!

Thank you for the feed on my beats! I followed you back on Soundcloud and will subscribe to your youtube page. This beat is on a whole new level! Although, you should mix the drums!

Great beat man really dig it , everything is on point , really nice remix . composition is dope and your instrumentas are epic . keep up that good work !

Melody, sampling, composition wise, this is great! I would've wished for some better drum sounds, but it still sounds nice together!

Really nice sampling, the intro has (as a guy earlier) a really epic feel to it.
(Returned feedback)

The choir is great, but the drums are to low, work a bit on the mix, especially the kick drum. I feel like this beat could bang if it had some hard drums.

haha I always loved the choir song from this movie, I was a bit skeptical with it being in a beat. But I think it works fairly well here, the only complaint I have is the clap in the beginning doesn't have enough punch, maybe stack it with another heavier one. I really like the chorus. Also the heavy bass sounds a bit saturated when you play it in the higher notes. Overall good work mate !

Returning Feed. Nice track. I like the samples you used. That Beyoncé sample is dope. It's got an epic type feel to hit. Nice mix too. Thanks for the feed on my link and stay up

I like it alot, dope build up/intro...sounds real good only thing i think you should do is make the drums hit harder! Props though!

Good beat man. Didn't really feel the drums. A little too "plastic" for me. Would love some drums from a break. Good joint tho'!

Returning feed as promised..........
This is really cleaver stuff mate. Inspired choice of sample. I just think that it might suit some old skool kick and snare action as it sorta has the vibe of a two deck mash where you'd spin the choir on one and an old break on two - but that m,ay be me being a bit old fashioned. Anyways, long may you run with that sort of brave experimental vision.

Back