Free Cubase Le to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cubase LE is a great starting point. It is all that's needed for basic production (eats any dance production system hands down). I've bought a full version years ago, and cannot even touch what it does, with what I do.

Ok but who can help the slow folk like myself? I got the activation code but now I can't register my shit and I can't even create a Steinberg account.

I wouldn't recommend it, but you could just torrent a cracked version (easy install no registration), then buy a real one if you start making money from it. That's what I did.

i got the account setup and activation code only to find out i need a (usb elicencer?) plugged in to activate the trial, id say youd be better off with reaper. no hassle install and use demo as long as you want.

I'm currently using Ableton. Does anyone think this DAW is better or worth switching for?
That really depends on what you are doing/want to do. Cubase is more powerful editing, recording, midi, arrangement wise. But if you are making only dance music it is probably not as effective. I use both Cubase and Ableton, and often in the same track (via rewire). Ableton has great looping and loop effects, I love it. On the same hand Cubase is a beast with MIDI, mastering and recording, and I love it too.

What?!?!? Cubase is BEAST at making DNB, House, Breaks, Trance, Dub Step ect. ect... I'm not sure how it couldn't be just as good as Ableton, id love to hear this explanation. Also the other daws out there are just as good as ableton with electronica as a whole..

Cubase is beast period, no if ands or buts about it...

I know, i know, HE'S A CUBASE FAN BOY!! Ermm, yup, i love it but i also use others as well..

Cubase is no doubt better than Ableton... It is the bomb. I consider it better than anything to use (oh the glorious keyboard shortcuts), it sounds better and my ASIO works best with it too. Somehow my Ableton tracks have a certain feel to them I don't get with Cubase.

Explain that?!?

I know exactly what you mean, i get different sounds from different daws across the board. It is strange, i always thought it had to do with the Audio Engine algorithms but i never really dug that far into it, i just say screw it and use Cubase and Protools these days lol. Basically becuase the sounds is close on those two..

I am very happy with my mixdowns in both and still choose Cubase over Protools any day for workflow and arranging (shortcuts & other goodies).

My cousin got me using ProTools at his house which is where we do most of our collabing as he has the Digi002 Rack and stuff but man i sit and watch him and then when i have the reigns (sitting in the captains chair doing work) it's like dude, this shit is wack, where is my Cubase? The workflow is just so much smoother and much easier in Cubase..

Don' get me wrong, i can move about in Pro Tools like a pro now but still... Time shifting in Protools? umm yea, it's a pain in the ass. Sample Editor in PT? Ermm, it's non existent.. So many other things i wish it had but sadly, it doesn't. Actually it might now, we are using 8.5 on the PC, i think he has 9HD on his MAC..

Sorry for the mini rant about ProTools guys lol.. I needed to get that out lol :4theloveofgod:

Thanks for this great info.... I downloaded cubase 6 LE and the e-licenser. Cubase installed successfully but won't open... no valid license found. and this is AFTER I got the activation from steinberg via the elicenser. Tried to do "repair" function in the elicneser and sitll nothing. I'm puzzled.

how is cubase for mixing recording and mastering?

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

okay so i followed the directions i activated my key through elicenser but when i go to open up cubase it says no valid license found the program will quit now. usb lisenser says cubase has been activated however...

Thanks a lot for posting this.

I notice that the LE edition of version 6 seems to be a lot more stream-lined than previous Lite Edition versions.

There's definitely some smart marketing going on by Steinberg.

I want to integrate hardware units and mix & monitor returned audio real-time with effects, plugins etc. without synchronisation issues. I bought FL Studio but had to discover the hard way that it's not great at incorporating hardware, although it is still an amazing product.

Looks like Cubase 6.5 full version is the only DAW that includes explicit functions for external instruments and effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back