for pro ass reason users!!!!!!!

thegold12

I have been playing around with thor recently and I have learned a few things but I need some guidance so I don't end up plateauing (if that's even a word lol) and don't the same things over and over.so I was wondering how did you guys get so good with thor,is it mostly just playing around until you get a cool sounding sound(see what I did there ;) ) or do you guys actually know what your doing at the start of it.Please READ!! this properly and answer the question according to what I just asked.i hate when people answer a fraction of my question and add something completely unrelated to what I just asked like: thor is cool but you'll want to learn kong,when you learn kong all the b.itches will suck ya d.ick. thank you <3

Last edited:
Please READ!! this properly and answer the question according to what I just asked.i hate when people answer a fraction of my question and add something completely unrelated to what I just asked like

Learn how to ask questions then. Your question doesnt need a 'pro ass reason user' your question needs a pro ass sound designer. Thor is a synthesizer. Yes its a synth featured in reason, I know. But you could have someone who doesnt know anything about reason be able to program the hell out of thor. Forget about learning how to use thor and learn how to use a synth. Thats the answer you're looking for, whether you want it or not.

Last edited:
experiment with each sound generation module that you can load in thor on its own to begin with

apply a vca envelope to understand how it actually affects the sound generated; also try other types of modulation: lfo, noise, self modulation, etc....

then apply each of the filter types in turn, including modulation from an lfo or envelope or other sound source (you can use the signal from the sound module itself to modulate the filter if you want)

the modulation matrix is perhaps the most interesting aspect of thor: take time to learn what each control in the matrix will let you do, remember that you can have positive and negative values in the matrix (phase inversion)

Last edited:
That was funny, anyways the same effects you see in synths are inside samplers as well.The difference is just the sound-source being used.
A sampler is a synthesizer that can only playback recordings while the later does realtime sound generation I believe.
There are some books that show all the basics like reaktor 3, synthesizer wizard and zebra manual

Back