FL Studio Bass notes different from actual bass notes

hip2dagame!

Actually two questions.
1) Why is it that when I play bass notes from a soundfont on FL studio it sounds drastically different from actual notes played on a Fender Bass? I ripped a sample and put some bass notes on FL studio to compose for myself for when I play an actual bass and record it. When i do record, will the real bass sound completely out of place and key when I mix it in?

2) Does time stretching (mulling) in FL studio have any effect on the pitch of the sound clip I'm stretching?

Thanks!

It's a sample so it will never sound as good as the real thing being played by a real bass player.

re time-stretching
It depends entirely on how you set the parameters for the time-stretch.

If you want it to pitch shift up or down as it is sped up or down then yes it will change the pitch.

If you don't make that choice then it should stay at the same pitch.

bandcoach, thanks for the reply to my second question. What I was getting at with my first question was that when I play my bass side by side with the bass soundfont, the notes are entirely different and it sounds completely out of key. If I play my real bass and put it in the project will it sound completely out of key?

SoundFonts suck. That's all you hadda say. They're cheap. Poor Quality. That's why when niggas use em I can immediately tell. Lol Smh

soundfonts are basically wav samples that are saved into a multi sample packing format, as long as you play them close close to the original key you should be fine. go too far up or down and you get issues like the samples playing too fast or too slow depending on the key. either use real instruments to capture realism or else program a similar sound on a vst that isnt sample based. the off key effect youre talking about is a classic problem caused by playing too far away from the original sampled pitch

OK, so I get what you are saying about the bass now - It will sound wrong if the wrong notes are being played.... what the right notes should be is any body's guess, can't be more accurate than that as each song will require different notes.

Back