FL Studio 11 Progressive House (beginner) Help????

Schplitzkriegs

I just got this program yesterday. I'm already kind of familiar with where everything's located, how the program works, etc., but I need to figure out how to make Progressive House on here. It's just that all the tutorials I see on YouTube don't have anybody talking (this means it's harder for me to follow along with what's going on), have presets I don't have, or don't show me where some of the beats they used in each pattern are located. Can you help me? Thanks.

Last edited:
well these 3 tutorial names should help you:

progressive house tutorial.
how to build a riser effect in fl studio.
and some 4x4 rythm tutorials and you're set.

one thing to take note of is you can tap the rythm with any device you wish, some people prefer to do drums with their computer keyboard letters Q,W,E etc while others prefer mpds, spds and mouses for their drums.
for progressive house i'd suggest having a 1/2, 1/4 or 1/6 beat snap set.

The effects people use in all edm is similar since the same plugins are used in different ways.I recommend learning risers, a tiny bit of synthesis with noise filters and flanger/reverb practice.

The best thing you do is get a commercial tune, put it into the playlist and see all the elements that are present on that track. Where each part start and end.

Tutorials on youtube are good, but you need some time to find someone who are willing to talk about why and how they're doing that.

Keep in mind that you can do anything with the stock plugins, as most of things shown on youtube videos, on other plugins, can be achieved through Sytrus, 3x OSC, Harmor and Sakura, to name a few.

I'm not familiar with Progressive House (mind me, I can't say the difference between prog house to tech house, for example), as I focus on breakbeat music, like drum and bass and dubstep.

here's a link to a website that has been helping me a lot through all the time I've been producing:

How To Make Electronic Music

That helped me a lot. I'm watching a video on YouTube right now and subsituting his instruments for similar ones. One problem- my electric piano is making a drum sound? How can I fix this?

check that it is actually an electric piano and not a universal sound module (USM)

if USM, then make sure that your midi channel is set to any channel other than 10, the standard MIDI Drum channel

I actually fixed that problem- problem was I had it on clap when I thought it was playing keyboard. However, there's another problem- I don't know how to copy selections on the playlist. I mean, I copy them, but I'm not able to move anything.

forget trying to make a beat and just get to know the program more
read the manual and play around with the different Vsts that come with FL Studio
in my option I would look up Warbeats on Youtube the best basic FL Studio tutorials and will get you on the fast track to making music and understanding FL Studio
register on this site Warbeats > Home and you'll be able to download for free FLP zip file (FL Studio file) and then open up zip file in FL Studio and see exactly how other producers made their beat giving you insights on production processes that will help you

-Coach Antonio/Saint Antonio

click on an empty space then drag this applies to all daws as well i remember doing that in the other ones.then if you want to copy it'll be ctrl+C then pasting is ctrl+V

Oh dear, I got another problem- FL Studio 11 is playing little to no volume whatsoever. I don't think this is a matter of clipping because I don't see anything orange-looking in those bars up there. I thought it was a problem with my headphones at first, but it's actually a problem with the program itself. How do I fix this?

downloaded asio4all?it's meant to be used by itself.asio multi will let you have multiple things open at once and default driver allows it too at the cost of realtime soundcloud, although exports wont sounds as bad as the primary driver inrealtime.fl studio has a volume slider in the mixer and on the master channel along with individual volume knobs for each channel.

As mentioned before, I advice you to read the manual. Your questions make me believe you still need to feel more confident with Fl Studio. If you visit Image-Line's website, you'll see a support menu there, with both the manual (or F1 inside the program) and forum with questions made by users, and answered by Image-Line themselves.

Could you take a screenshot of it please so I can know what I'm looking at (I can't find the volume slider on the mixer). I wonder what I did to potentially mess the program up.

Oh, and by the way, FL Studio's gonna be a lot for me to learn, since not too long ago I was making music on AudioSauna, a free online program that's fairly simple to use. I'm pretty sure that I can get this program mastered soon enough.

Last edited:
Oh dear- yet another problem has been encountered. How do I stop certain presets from being removed because they are demos (eg. Sytrus)? Note- I DON'T want to buy the presets, as they are nearly the same price as the program itself (plus I didn't buy the program, my dad did), and I'm not an administrator either.

Are there any free presets I can get that don't necessarily have to be part of a synthesizer itself so I can make this song? Thank you.

Last edited:
why not just go to sytrus's preset folder and copy the presets or save the presets you made to the default folder then your custom one?

Last edited:
Back