Fl Studio 11 Problem

OogyG

So im on FL Studio 11 and trying to get this melody to loop, its very frustrating because literally every time i try and make a beat without sampling i cant get the melody to loop and fit right on the playlist so everything sounds on point and good. Anyone know why? I look on yotube and everyone can loop the melody they play with ease but mine is always just seconds off from sounding on time and looping on point. i usually have 140 tempo 118, 90... it doesnt matter though it does the same thing no matter the tempo it seems.

Pattern mode is fast, depending on time signature.Solely on the time signature.
You can always make the whole song in pattern mode [I shudder at that thought]
You can just workaround fl studio to act like tracks instead of channels by recording directly to playlist and manually stretch from there as well.

One thing I admit I liked about fl is slicex's timestretch by milliseconds, I miss that feature badly in wavepad -_-

Funny how many people there are out there who buy expensive software only to find themselves clueless of how to operate it.

I recommend the Bible! I mean the manual!

Last edited:
So im on FL Studio 11 and trying to get this melody to loop, its very frustrating because literally every time i try and make a beat without sampling i cant get the melody to loop and fit right on the playlist so everything sounds on point and good. Anyone know why? I look on yotube and everyone can loop the melody they play with ease but mine is always just seconds off from sounding on time and looping on point. i usually have 140 tempo 118, 90... it doesnt matter though it does the same thing no matter the tempo it seems.

Okay I could definitely help you but you haven't been specific enough so I'll give it my best shot:

First off, the tempo doesn't matter - if the timing's off, it's off.

On FL Studio, often times the "snap" setting on the playlist (the little magnet icon) is, by default, set to "none" instead of a common musical increment (ie "step, beat, bar, etc")

This would result in the melody being very slightly off beat - depending on how accurate you had your mouse cursor when you put the melody onto the playlist.

Try clicking the little upside-down magnet picture on the top left of your playlist and see if it's set to "none". If it is, then that's your problem

Funny how many people there are out there who buy expensive software only to find themselves clueless of how to operate it.

I recommend the Bible! I mean the manual!
Totally agree with this. I recently got on an altercation with someone on a FL Studio group on facebook because of this. The guy just wanted to "be skrillex", but didn't want to hear the truth: read the f***** manual.

i personally have a loop and hum and adjust the bpm to make it a 1 or 2 or 4 bar loop and make sure it loops up as i hum or is close and then put it in..

Dude don't come to my thread with your issues i asked a simple question & got answers, lets leave it like that.

seriously read the manual and learn some basic music concepts like beats and durations then you other issues will melt away

if you play and record, then use the metronome so you play the same tempo your DAW is set at. I had this problem too at first because I didn't realize that DAWs record at whatever rythm you set it to, and your playing has to match that same rythm (if you're looping a few bars. I imagine that's not really important if you record a song from beggining to end)

Last edited:
Back