First attempt at producing, hit me with your harshest words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twerkspin

I was bored today stuck at home all day so I decided to open up dat FL Studio and get productive
I didn't make an intro to the track yet, and that's intentional. The beat goes as follows:
chorus - verse - chorus, I'm not done yet. This is where I need your help~

https://soundcloud.com/realpfish/tracks

I personally think this beat is hard to rap to. I don't know enough about producing enough to be able to pinpoint the problem, so please, hit me with your harshest words. I'm all ears.

Last edited:
WOW. I posted this 8 hours ago and DID NOT REALIZE the soundcloud link didn't work. hopefully people will listen this time :)

Reminds me of a Trae the Truth beat hahaha, it's ight. Mixing sucks but for a first timer it's really good.

Listening to it right now.

Like ERRL said work on the mix. I hear these strings in the background during the verse, bring those out and give them some presence.

I'd also suggest having the bass go up or down at times. It's usually a little boring (to me) when it just runs on the same note through the whole beat.

If this is your first attempt then kudos to you. You stayed on the same scale. You know how to add variation to hi-hats and such. My only complaint is pitch the 808 up and down or at least drop it out sometimes and kinda have the drum pattern go solo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back