few questions reguarding mpc's

^^^ i was thinking a grand is my limit, id really like to stay in the $800 area. I am leaning toward the 2000xl, im thinking bout gettin one in december.

i dont really care to much about the sequencer running while im recording, the xl is cheaper then the 2500, n is it even that much worse, from my understanding it can pretty much do anything the 2500 can do, currect?

u can eq, compress, reverb, ur drums on the xl right? n with upgraded ram, u have over enough sample time with the 2000xl right?

i am a bit concerned with the timestretching and pitch/speed shifting abilities tho. To me thats a huge factor, so im torn, lol....what should i get?

Last edited:
^^^ i was thinking a grand is my limit, id really like to stay in the $800 area. I am leaning toward the 2000xl, im thinking bout gettin one in december.

i dont really care to much about the sequencer running while im recording, the xl is cheaper then the 2500, n is it even that much worse, from my understanding it can pretty much do anything the 2500 can do, currect?

u can eq, compress, reverb, ur drums on the xl right? n with upgraded ram, u have over enough sample time with the 2000xl right?

Without the EB16, you will have no internal effects in the 2000XL ....if you want effects and cannot afford a 2500, get the 1000.

ive been messing with my techincs 1200 and my midi controllers with fl for a while now, i really wanna mpc, badly...i messed around with my friends n found it much more fun to make beats then an mpk and a daw...n after all thats what its about right, having fun while making music!

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Without the EB16, you will have no internal effects in the 2000XL ....if you want effects and cannot afford a 2500, get the 1000.

yeah i hear a lot of good things about the 1000, especially with the jj os upgrades.

the eb16 is the effects "upgrade" u need for the 2000xl?

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

the 2500 deff seems like the cream of the crop...

ive been messing with my techincs 1200 and my midi controllers with fl for a while now, i really wanna mpc, badly...i messed around with my friends n found it much more fun to make beats then an mpk and a daw...n after all thats what its about right, having fun while making music!

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

yeah i hear a lot of good things about the 1000, especially with the jj os upgrades.

the eb16 is the effects "upgrade" u need for the 2000xl?

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

the 2500 deff seems like the cream of the crop...

In order to have a maxed out MPC 2000XL you would need to have the 32MB RAM+MCD + 8 outs card+ EB-16 Effects card. That being said, the timestretch in the 2000XL is not that good, most of the time it has a ton of artifacts and if you are stretching an entire 4 bar loop say...its going to take a LONG time processing. These are things you need to keep in mind. The 1000 is much more complete and versatile as a package, all you need is the 128MB expansion and JJ OS.

^^^ yeah, haha the more research i do the more i change my mind, lol....it seems the best choice would be the 2500 or the 1000...the 1000 is prolly the best choice cuz its a much much better price but i heard bad things about the pads...although ive messed around with the pads of a 1000 at guitar center n it felt fine...

btw thanks for all your help guys, its much appreciated, foreal!

Last edited:
co-sign on the 1000......if you can deal with the smaller size

there's a ton of functionality packed into that box. you should have no problem going with any of these options on ebay for under $800

mpc 1000 + pad up grade + 128mb memory + hard drive + JJos

= A mpc that will do just about everything you want....

I do like the 2000xl pads cos bigger is better,
but you can still jam the f*** outta the 1000 pads

just make sure you get a 1000 with new pads...

or if you buy an older 2nd hand 1000 for cheap, buy the pad upgrade and replace the old pads.. there is a video on you tube, its quite easy.
the old 1000 (single) pads die fast.

if you spend a little extra $ you can pimp out the 1000 nice.

check out : mpcstuff.com

JJos is a must have.

chur

mpc 1000 + pad up grade + 128mb memory + hard drive + JJos

= A mpc that will do just about everything you want....

I do like the 2000xl pads cos bigger is better,
but you can still jam the f*** outta the 1000 pads

just make sure you get a 1000 with new pads...

or if you buy an older 2nd hand 1000 for cheap, buy the pad upgrade and replace the old pads.. there is a video on you tube, its quite easy.
the old 1000 (single) pads die fast.

if you spend a little extra $ you can pimp out the 1000 nice.

check out : mpcstuff.com

JJos is a must have.

chur

I ended up gettin an xl like a month ago. I'm lovin it, mpc workflow is pretty dope and effective. The pads are rediculously soft on the 2000xl!

My setup consists of a technics 1200, American audio qd5 mixer, mpc 2000xl,and some rokits...a nice setup based around my mpc, it deff takes some time to get used to but I've read the manual front to back about 5 times now...I'm gettin the hang of it.

Yeah go for the 1000. Thats what I had before with JJ OS and maxed out ram.

However, just like someone else said, you should probably stick with FL Studio, because I honestly think you can do a lot more with FL Studio or any other DAW.

In high school I was using the MPC 1000, and sold it once I got too busy with college. However, I barely got back into it a few months ago after like 2 years and tried to find the cheapest route I can go without having to shell out a lot for an MPC. So my homie gave me a copy of Logic and I just got an MPD. After learning how to use it, I honestly wouldn't go back to the MPC, because using a DAW + a midi controller is doing a lot more for me.

For the price of buying an MPC, you can buy a really good computer now a days. I work at best buy, and I'm amazed how cheap computers are, even with dual core processors and at least 4 gb of ram.

Back