"Fake-Smart" Rappers

About testing thier Intelligence, I agree. But how can one not admit that they were in possession of some sort of above-average (relatively, as you mentioned) mental resource when presented with an opportunity? They may not be Intelligent, but they were smart enough to take the actions needed to obtain a certain degree of financial success, no?

Peace.

Absolutely, they are definitely both special people, but I don't know If that is due to intelligence. They are very resourceful, take initiative have a good work ethic etc. but again, I think you need some intelligence to actually make those merits work in your favor but they're not inherently intertwined. (imo)

wtf is fake smart????

either your smart or your not

fake smart????

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

I think there are more fake-dumb rappers than vice versa.
My circumstantial evidence is this thread.

i agree on this for sure!!

i read in an interview with future on hiphop dx of him saying he dumbed down his music to make it big

NOW IF THIS IS TRUE HE'S FAKE DUMB!!

Kendrick Lamar - He is the type of guy to try and convince you not to vote or get an education. The type of dude to say big ass words (in the wrong context) and tell you everyone is in the illuminatti.

Trae The Truh and Z Ro for sure. Both have the stupidest lyrical content sometimes, strip clubs, sipping lean, ak's, hood rats. But then the next song it'll be super conscious telling youngsters too get a job, women with children too do right, etc. I hate there stupid shit they do for the label but there serious songs and conscious songs are superb.

Fake Smart ?

In my opinion theres no such thing.

That term targets people who voice opinions and thoughts that go against the grain. However by going against the grain they most likely have researched a topic, even if its minimal and slightly off center. The fact that they question the world around them makes them smarter than most people who live with closed ears and eyes.

Question: What is the last poloitical or historical BOOK you read. (documentry film doesnt count)

Also the fake/smart artist is human. Therefore will make mistakes and do dumb stuff like the real/dumb artist. We all have contradictions in our lives.

none you can talk about intelligence because the average person changes their description of what intelligence is so hush

Kendrick Lamar - He is the type of guy to try and convince you not to vote or get an education.
i understanding taking on an absentee ballot because of the candidates not being superb but when the flying **** did he say to not get an education when that's the only thing that will get you off the hood

Question: What is the last poloitical or historical BOOK you read. (documentry film doesnt count)

These are old world standpoints. Who said in 2012 you can learn more from reading 1 book than you can from clicking a few net links.

A book gives you one authors perspective that can be summed up in a youtube vid, or quick forum topic. The net gives you access to opposing views, articles that delve further into subjects being discussed, documentation of unlimited proportion.

Proof? If I say "No Higher Power" is a pretty good book so far(not saying I beleive the views of it, just interesting to see how others think)and I'm a few chapters into it, does it take away from it if I admit I'm reading it online or have it on audiobook and the reason I didn't get far in it is because I went to youtube and forums to see how others felt about things I didn't agree with or to factcheck things that didn't make sense? These things would get MORE information into my brain than reading an extra chapter of the same book, would it not?

Now with all that said, there is REALLY no excuse for people to be half informed and spread fallacies when they're in a position where people will follow them blindly. Because they will more than likely end up a link on youtube that someone is gonna think is informative.

Well I think we should figure out who is right then.

Anyway, this thread is not about how we define a public persona as intelligent or dumb.
It is about whether or not we think rappers are 'faking' their public personas.

The truth is that in almost every genre the artists at the top of the creative heap regularly, necessarily, dumb themselves and their music down to a painful degree, for sales. Its not all their fault, but they do allow it to happen.

I have not read a book since audible.com surfaced on the internet. I will never read a book or class assignment again as long as there are text to speech readers...

I have 15 audiobooks on my phone... I listen to them at work. Great stuff.

I listen to stuff that will help me in my daily life like - How to give a better speech than Obama... here's how you do it... you take his name and make it an acronym like this

O rganization
B ody Language
A ccuracy
M emorable
A ction - most important - you want to make people want to do something

Here's another and it came from Starbucks, it's how to get a long with rude azz people - it's an acronym for LATTE

L isten
A cknowledge
T ake Action
T hank
E xplain

These books only last an hour but they give you little tried and true BS that gets you awards and ish. I just had to give 7 presentations last week... I HATE DOING THEM! but like anything else... if you do something good, you're on the hook to do it again... and again... and again.

These audiobook people are in co-hoots, they mention other books in their book and I end up getting the book they mentioned. Learn something during the day I guess.

Last edited:
Back