F**K Hip Hop Music, I Quit! (I'm Serious)

Do as you wish, you may regret it in the future.

I see where you are comeing from, but I would rather persevere.. If we all quit there is no hope for hip hop.

the aim of hip hop is now just about making money

full stop.

all rappers do is brag , cocky braggin is all there good at :rolleyes:

nd its breeding more stupid rappers

drink some dishwahing liquid and water jump around for a bit,
then go fart out bubbles....

Leave hip hope alone, Theres a few standing.

damn man...i really wanted 2 hear material from some of those projects you were doing when they come out...that's still happening right?

it's not hip hop that's at a low point...it's the music industry as a whole...listen to most of what you hear on the radio or see on mtv/bet indiscriminate to genre and you'll notice that alot of music is in the same boat...rock, pop, r&b, hip hop...they ALL have high amounts of artists who have little talent but a few who shine through to make something that is good or unique...just think about it

ASHOTACROSSTHEBOW said:
I can't take the bulls**t anymore!

The disbalance of music played on the airwaves, the blantant disrespect amongst artists and the fans, the drugs and violence overtly promoted in the songs, the deeveloution of the music as art, the rabid ignorance of the holier than thou attitudes of the backpackers who are actaully more ignorant than the so-called country bumpkins they openly hate on, the coprorate hand holding of the advertising and marketing companies that the labels are now are at mercy to because cats are stealing music via soulseek and ********.

Here is the funny part about that... every company in America has blatant disrespect amonst colleagues and competitors, drugs, violence, overly promaoted products, deevolution, ignorance, holier than thou attitudes, old school thinkers and all of what you mentioned in some form. So what are you gonna do? You're complaining about life. Any industry you get in is gonna be the same so get used to it. You're just a quitter... you'll quit music, jump to your next venutre, complain and quit that too. And so the story goes.

Edit: You quitting is not going to change the game... if you want to change it stick it out. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Jos

Last edited:
Hip-hop will change over within the next five years. I guarantee it. It's going to take a more indie approach that pleases both the hip-hop heads and the gradual listeners. Hip-hop won't die, but within the next 2 years it might slow down even further.

Jos said:
Here is the funny part about that... every company in America has blatant disrespect amonst colleagues and competitors, drugs, violence, overly promaoted products, deevolution, ignorance, holier than thou attitudes, old school thinkers and all of what you mentioned in some form. So what are you gonna do? You're complaining about life. Any industry you get in is gonna be the same so get used to it. You're just a quitter... you'll quit music, jump to your next venutre, complain and quit that too. And so the story goes.

Edit: You quitting is not going to change the game... if you want to change it stick it out. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Jos

EXACTLY!!!! I dont have the energy nor the desire to continue this discussion with nay-sayers. I've been a road dog for Hip Hop ever since I can remember, and plan to ride it out til Im old, decrepit and the batteries in my hearing aids die out.

Last edited:
Pete, honestly I feel you, but I ain't bout to quit. I'm gon get in the game and SHUT THE DOOR that these wack ass dudes have been pouring in through.

I have an example...The one black radio station we have here is about 20 years old. Their frequency has always been 100.9. Today, they switched to 101.1. Just one tick on the dial, but HUGE in terms of a radio station that's been established for 20 years.

Now they've been making a big deal about this all month. And the switch finally happened at 10am. You'd think they'd make a big deal about the first song that they would play on the new frequency, right? You wanna know what they played???

1) Young Dro - Shoulder Lean
2) TI - What You Know About That
3) Bubba Sparxxx - Ms New Booty
4) Lil Jon - Snap Yo Fingaz

WTF?????? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Something monumental just happened in the life of your radio station, and the first songs you played are THAT CRAP??? I woulda thought the first song they woulda played woulda been something classic, thought provoking, meaningful. Something like Marvin Gaye - What's Goin On or something like that. But no, they play BOOTY MUSIC!!!!

I was so dissapointed. Even more dissapointed that those songs are the ONLY SONGS at the forefront of our conciousness. It's just sad, really.

But hey...gotta get in the game to change the rules. And that's what i plan on doing.

^^^Props to you Troup, I'm gonna do the same thing.

I kinda feel the same way when I hear the latest "rap" song. I often question is my style of music/beatmaking even gonna reach the masses or am I wasting time wit' it. The only reasons I refuse to stop is:

1) I have witnessed REAL hip hop (Bx River Park style) and I'm inspired

2) I believe in evolution/revolution (This "lean-wit-it-rock-wit it-shoulder-lean" shyt is bound to play out.....remember kiddie groups anyone)

3) I've invested too much money, time, blood, sweat, & tears to this culture.

4) There are others who feel like me.

5) I LOVE HIP HOP!!

ASHOTACROSSTHEBOW said:
I can't take the bulls**t anymore!

The disbalance of music played on the airwaves, the blantant disrespect amongst artists and the fans, the drugs and violence overtly promoted in the songs, the deeveloution of the music as art, the rabid ignorance of the holier than thou attitudes of the backpackers who are actaully more ignorant than the so-called country bumpkins they openly hate on, the coprorate hand holding of the advertising and marketing companies that the labels are now are at mercy to because cats are stealing music via soulseek and ********, and the boring stiff dry souless beats that the indie kids call soulful just because it has a soul sample in it? WTF?

Man I'm throwing my hip hop card in the sand and pouring some fresh iraqi oil on it so I can light that b*tch up cause hip hop music officially sux to me now.

Although I would not go as far as "quitting" hip-hop, I whole heartedly agree with your statements. Hip-Hop will never be the same, it's all about capital.

Just tough it out and do you, forget the system just change it so that it works for you.

I love to use b-ball analogies: if you wanna get in the game you have to know how to run the plays. coach puts you in cuz you know how to run the plays, but you see that lil girlie on the sideline smilin at you, so you say forget the play ima dunk on this dude.

Go dunk on that dude my n*g! Do you and get that paper while you at it.

peace

Back