Everything Reverses Into Itself.

CanadaChris

"The medium of music delivery was the cyclinder, vinyl record, CD, MP3,Napster and finally Fairtunes. The succession from each new innovation has become less mechanical and now digitally organic and the phase in periods as fast as the mind and the fingers can think. Portable devices with wireless represent the final overture of corporate music tyranny. Soon you'll meet up with friends and you'll swap in a wireless environment with a Blackberry, or some other digital wireless conveyance. You'll even discuss topics, record, save edit and archive. Peoples lives will change and lives lived will be saved lives and experiences both from an individual and collective digital cabinet. Cultural and social history will be acurate complete and exciting to recreate. Minds will only be limited by the creative imagination with new methods for retrieval. Everything, as McLuhan said, "reverses into itself". Will we become more careful about what we say and do or will we be liberated knowing that we can know so much more about individual and collective human experience. Fairtunes.com and similiar services represent this new direction of the digital music revolution. File sharing represents not just music but the next biggest change since Gutenberg built the first printing press. This new medium is not just about music its about the future of all mankind to totally liberate, educate and change the lives of all. All listeners in essence become digital patrons and not just monetary fans of an artist and company. A music renaissance is underway and you are the agent of change. Bet they never thought the internet would spin them out of their perches!
Chris Spavins
And a plug for 2 free MP3 at Bree's site.
http://www.BreeClarke.Com
Any mixes most welcome.

[Edited by CanadaChris on 04-01-2001 at 09:11 AM]

Ok, I think you are talking about File sharing......but is there a point to this? Anyway that Bree girl is hot, she need a DJ to go on tour with her ;)

Bree is quite a singer

Congress is just tuning into the Napster debate only now. File sharing is just in its' infancy. Do you think Bree will be able to record in an online setting in the near future(when I say Near I mean the next year) just so darn expensive to record in a traditional studio. New material just waiting to get recorded.

Thanks for viewing the site!!

i-clan....don't be a pig dude......

Anyway, I think that Bree has a pretty bright future...as for blocking the music....if you don't want it to be blocked on napster it won't.... Yes, I liked some of her singing.....Hmm.....maybe she want's a trance mix of some of her songs.....:) I would be willing to help in this department.....I live down the QEW....:)Maybe she wants to go to a rave or after hours club with me, to show her what the music is like.....;) Anyway, I don't think it will be a big issue down the road, corporation own our society, and are know just starting to control the net.....there is not much we can do about it.....

BTW, what do you mean recording in an online setting? How is this different from a traditional studio?

yea i did have a bout of pigitis blokeyness.
i think 'online recording' will be available before 2010. till then, why not use cubase?
renting of software online will become popular i think. like, you need to use a plugin? got cable? apply the plugin from the software company's site directly to your Pro Tools session, and voila, it's effected.
An idea.

Oink.
:)

hmmm

I get wat ur saying CanadaChris (btw i am in canada too) and i agree with u,,,but sory to say that i have seen girls WAY hotter than her,,,ehhe,,,here in van there is too many hot girls:D:D:D but those corparation are all a bunch of gay assholes,,i hate them so much!!!:mad:
they are all a bunch of cheap fukers,,al they want is their money,,,dont care bout any thing else:mad:

Re: hmmm

Hi-NRJbOy said:
I get wat ur saying CanadaChris (btw i am in canada too) and i agree with u,,,but sory to say that i have seen girls WAY hotter than her,,,ehhe,,,here in van there is too many hot girls:D:D:D but those corparation are all a bunch of gay assholes,,i hate them so much!!!:mad:
they are all a bunch of cheap fukers,,al they want is their money,,,dont care bout any thing else:mad:

hmm...that's deep man....:P I really like how the swearing brought out your true feelings......*Sarcasim off*

hmm...that's deep man....:P I really like how the swearing brought out your true feelings......*Sarcasim off*

Hmm Ckerr812 I think we've seemed to somewhat but heads before (I insulted trance I think after you were pushing it), sometimes I can't help it but get a stupid chip on my shoulder, it's a bad complex that I should and am getting rid of, but you've got one too. Is it bc you live in the big T-dot-O-dot? I've seen this syndrome before. :rolleyes: See there I go again. :)

You push trance too much all the time, brag about chicks and poo poo dancers. IMO trance is overrated. Hmm, there I go again. You should keep the genre promotion to the electronic music section. (Referrence to some previous threads in other forums).

(Maybe I shoud have posted this one in the "Venting Forum")

You sound like the typical PLUR Anti-Toronto-Rave-Commission candy raver groupy that was probably at Much Music when they were talking about it.

Oops I just went off again, **** can't control it sometimes.

Sorry I am humble again. :cool:

How's things in T-dot-O-dot now that (The Industry or The Guvernment whichever) is closed down?

My chip is I'm from Windsor, yes a sh ithole city next to a big run down shi thole city, but Detroit's where it started and people down here think totally different about the music and the scene (I guess we try to not make it a "scene") it's funky, dark, soulful, minimal, pounding and inspiring. Ask anyone around here and they'll say trance is overated and they'll say that the T-dot-O-dot scene is whacked bc it's all about glamour and it's a little more clubby and it's not the centre of the universe, which is the chip on the shoulder that most TO pppl seem to have.

Dammit, went off again.

Watch I'll get the boot for venting or something, then I'll just explode.
:p

[Edited by Merc on 04-09-2001 at 04:40 PM]

LoL....hmm...well, I do respect PLUR.....therefore I respect you! But, don't get me wrong, Toronto IS the center of all that's good. Cocky attitude, well maybe, but if you have seen the things and heard things in Toronto you would be the same way (ahem, underground in T.O is HUGE)...... I guarentee Trance isn't over-rated, or what you think trance is......Maybe some stuff...but hell that's not my problem now is it?

Anyway, I been to Windsor, I like that city actually....and I don't think we really butted heads....we just have different opinions.....heck if I didn't like everyone who had a different opinion on stuff then I wouldn't like to many people, but what I am sayin is that you use the R in PLUR and you will grow to appreciste different opinions in life, that's what makes us unique :)

Re: hmmm

Hi-NRJbOy said:

:rolleyes:

hmm, cool you've changed my naive opinion. :cool:

I said it was a bad habbit of mine.

Richie Hawtin, John Aquaviva (I think.yay:p)j/k and Mistress Barbara I think will be playing some sort of special show here in Windsor in the summer. I know Richie's back in town bc I saw him at a minus show at this (750 capacity):p small but intimate club called platinum, I parked my *** in front of Richie like it was goin' out of style. :cool:

It was a great show, and the venue being soo small it was like I said very intimate.

Anyways if you're interested in this show with Richie this summer I'll try to keep you posted. You're close, only a skip down the 401, 4 hours.

Peace, I mean PLUR

oh no!

not another lost soul?!?!?
P.L.U.R. = Neo Hippy F**king Bullshit
Its a statement outcasts make so they can feel safe around other *gasp* life forms....give me a f**king break....such a weak whimsical statement devised by 28 year old kids....but hey "don't have a cow man" do "your" thing....heh

that's beautiful. I think this is much more than just a thread we're weaving here guys. I love you, man.

hey man I'm not s PLUR advocate, I just used it in good faith towards resolving my sissue with CKerr and it's all good. I'm not any part of it and only see the word or hear it once in a while online. Don't get the wrong idea like I did ex. with CKerr812

Re: oh no!

CyciumX said:
not another lost soul?!?!?
P.L.U.R. = Neo Hippy F**king Bullshit
Its a statement outcasts make so they can feel safe around other *gasp* life forms....give me a f**king break....such a weak whimsical statement devised by 28 year old kids....but hey "don't have a cow man" do "your" thing....heh

Well, I can guarentee that you have never experianced what it is, and if you close your mind to it then that's just sad for you to be very angry at people you know nothing about.......

Why are you so angry? That's the **** that just causes fights and to a greater extent war....YOu respect people and they respect you.....YOu don't respect (as you just did) and they won't respect you!

[Edited by Ckerr812 on 04-10-2001 at 03:22 PM]

Merc: Yea, I have been down to London once for a DJ party there....it was pretty sweet :) I forget the name of the place but it was for DJ's by Dj's...it was a really cool concept.....

Yea man, sounds good to me.....give me an Email, we have a little message board that we go to that a few of my friends go on and we post what's goin on, and were we would like to go in Southern Ontario...it pretty sweet, I'll hook you up with the addy :)

Keep me posted on what's goin on over there, if you wanna come down to Niagara or Toronto to party there's always something going on......I am looking forward to WEMF this year, 3 days of pure fun woohhoooo...can't wait :)

talk to ya soon my man,

[Edited by Ckerr812 on 04-10-2001 at 02:57 PM]

Back