Dread [Feedback Returned]

I'm digging this. The sample was a lil unlclear for my taste. Sounds like the source was digital. The choice was good, the clarity was just suspect to me.

It is digital, however i'd assume that's more down to the effects put on it as its sampled from a track that was mixed and mastered in recent years.

I'll play with different snares, but given the pattern i.e the clash of Kick and snare I decided to drop it back deliberately, just couldn't see a hard snare achieving what I wanted it to.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Real smooth, I like it. Don't really have any suggestions other than maybe use a different snare.

Returning feed.
Nice sample, but I think the vocal in the background is a little bit too repetitive (for me it should be a refrain, and the part from 1,45 should be used as a verses, but it's just my opinion). And the mix could be cleaner, but the overal idea is really cool. It has a nice vibe.

It draws you in, I love the vibe not very common but you nailed it. The melody bells/ electric piano/ rhodes? Was a really nice touch, it kinda took it to the next level. This is something I'd would listen to on my free time. Mix it and get a dope rapper! Dope beat my man!

Overall I really like this. I love the filter on the sample, but after a while the filter (and the sample itself) starts to get very annoying. At about 1:45 when the sample drops out, that is really good. I would suggest using that part as your main verse part and then use the sample with the filter for the hook, it's a really dope loop, but if you use it too much it takes away from how good it sounds in my opinion. I am really digging the bassline and the progression of the melody, I'd say just tighten up the mix and bit, get those drums really banging and you're good to go! Nice work.

Sample sounds cool. I like the loop or chop you did one. I don't like the kick that much. The pattern is fine. I think it's the reverb and the overall volume of it. I like that snare whenever it plays something not on the two and four but when it's there I think you could have a better sound, although it's not like the one you have now doesn't fit. Bassline is cool. Pretty cool beat overall.

On that kick, I think maybe it's the amount of reverb on it that I don't like. The actual core sound is fine.

Back