Dr. Dre -- 'I'M THE 1ST BILLIONAIRE IN HIP HOP'

Let's get this guy...

barney.gif

to sell these...

win-a-pair-of-beats-by-dr-dre-studio-headphones-from-monster.jpg

Pardon me, i had to laugh at that

Bet a billion dollars......."beats"....will NOT......have Dre's name on it after the ink.........I mean....who needs the name? Producers?

And I'm done....

Last edited:
^^^I only agree with celebs being a "part" of the success. Our disagreement is based on the level of importance as far as the success. Which is telling me that "beats" NEEDED Dre to be successful. Which turns into a who "qualifies" for the success of "beats". If there was a company competing with "beats", using nobody, no Timbaland......no Barney......just advertising better quality for less....beats would be in trouble.

There was a time when having something with this name on it made you big shit walking around....
Starter_Corp_logo.png

I'd much rather see a debate centered around business branding and multi-billion dollar acquisitions than the usual regional music turf war nonsense. Beautiful...

I love how they simplify it in everyday layman's terms. Most average American's believe it or not don't really know the true value of 1 billion dollars anyway. I understand the value of a billion dollars but I also understand it's not a realistic goal so I pay limited attention to the topic. I'm quite ambitious but I think I can honestly say I will never make a billion dollars. I'm happy for Dre. Whether he's worth 800 or 900 million dollars is irrelevant though.

Last edited:
Allegedly, there are 7 reasons why hip-hop has no billionaires: NW$: 7 Reasons Hip Hop Has NO Billionaires! | Makin' It Magazine

Good article

"In hip hop we promote a culture of hustling instead of business building"
"As technology evolves, so do licensing opportunities"
"Hip hop doesn’t invest its money into new sectors such as technology or commodities"
"Rather than seeking out new and profitable investment opportunities, hip hop has a culture of financial “Biting”

Last edited:
From the comments I browsed through **** all the haters I dont even listen to Dre music but you gotta respect the mans hustle at the end of the day. He most known for them headphones but he still gettin money off the Chronic albums alone an dat was in 92!!! Salute to the brotha he tryna stack like MJ why not? Why the **** not...

Is it 1$ bills worth of network? Or is it his own real bank account-money?

I just have a hard time beliving these people who talk money. A rapper say he's 20 mill rich, what he doesn't say is that 10 of those belongs to his label, 5 of em expenses, and the rest is jus debt-money.

Last edited:
I don't even want to respond after others, feel like this is now a hate thread, lol. But I'm "hating" too. It's not like he made the cash off music. That's like me hitting the lottery for a billion a week ago and calling myself the 1st billionaire hip hop producer. He's definitely a billionaire, great producer, and great businessman, but I can't act like you won that title. So i guess before all this Puff was the "richest hip hop producer?'

Just titles, and what does my opinion mean? I'm broke, lol. And in the end, there's nothing Dre couldn't do with $550 mill that he can't do now with I'm guessing a good enough chunk of a payout to make him worth somewhere around $2B? What loses me is...why would Apple pay that much? Aren't those headphones on a decline? Maybe still selling in other places, but I don't see people with those like I used to.

EDIT: @mwandishi, good point, I almost overlooked the fact we got another black billionaire, that's what, like #7?

STFU and congratulate dammit... Yeah, you was hatin' them headphones had his name on them... don't give a shit how he flipped his "turn off the lights" World Class Wreckin' Crew to "Turn Up These Beats!". Cube didn't , Ren didn't, Yella didn't, RIP Eazy.

Back