Don't be paranoid about beat jacking - you've got nothing worth stealing!

ima say this. well known indepenedent rappers (that have sold 100,000+ units) have bitten my **** before. plenty of unkown rappers have bitten my **** before. if anything, i take it as a complement.

nah they didnt even put it on no album or nothing its on their myspace page though. funny part about it is of of them had hit me up before they bit it. i met him a few times - my friend is his engineer and my other friend promotes for him, he trying to ask me if he can get some mixing from me when he got 20,000 worth of studio equiptment. when i heard the song it all clicked i was like dammm dude really just bit me. but its good because hes a very popular rapper right now in california and hes taking notes from me!

This thread is certified platinum.

They make some very good points. I see why people say FP's gone down the shytter. It seems like then if you posten something you'd get at least 10 people making relevant, helpful comments and you'd get the issue solved. But now you'd be luky to get more than 2. People just wanna fight now and post irrelevant shyt.

But i've realized a few things. You should tag your shyy when putting your beats online and working with amatuers or hobbyists. Like JMontez said it's my $5. The principle is that someone stole your hard work and made your money off of it.

And i think it'd be a win win situation if a big name artist used your beat without crediting you. If someone jacked your beat and sole them it they'd likely be more than willing to fix the situation. You could easily get promotion off of it and if you're clever more work.

You'd be even luckeir to have a big name producer jack your beat. I'm sure you could hire a good laywer on a no win no fee basis since it would be a big case. And if Dr Dre or Timbaland did just happen to use your 128kbps MP3 you'd have track-outs and the project files(s) so you could easily prove it's your beat and get paid a lot. Especially in compensation for damages to your career and reputation (if you could possibly prove it's a bad thing).

But since they're big time they'd more than likely interpolate you're beat or get it replayed which makes it harder to prove it's your beat since it'll be a little different. Then even if you don't win in court you can make some exposed videos, some exposed threads on FP and get more work. People'll think if he's good enough to be jacked by Dr Dre he's more than good enough to work with me. It'd be hard not to have a successful career off of that situation. At least independantly. You'd probably be blacklisted in the industry and you'd've probably killed any chance at a big time career.

And only lightly tag your beats if you put them on the internet. Just at the beginning, end and a few times in between. So it's there but not way too noticeable that they won't jack it. You should want people to jack them. I understand that maybe 1/10 people that want your beats but can't jack them will eventually pay but this way you'll have a bigger chance at being a big name internet producer.

If your names on every on of your beats people will recognise them. Imagine if at the very least a few thousand people jacked your beats and got people to listen to them. Maybe a 500 people actually hear your tags. Maybe 100 actually care or are interested enough to search the internet for more of your beats. Maybe 20 actually but the leases or exclusives. At $25 a lease that's $500. At $50 that $1000. So by missing out on the original lease you earned a lot more, got a lot of recognition and promotion, got a lot more fans and probably got some repeat customers.

Now if that cycle repeats once a month with every new beat you make then you'd easily become a big name producer. You'd also get a lot of in person work (depending on where you live), placements on major records and exclusive sales. And you'd get some serious change.

That's the theory though. I'm sure it'd be a lot harder to make it actually work but it makes you think.

Maybe that's how people like WHP, Johnny Juliano or Vybe Beats did it. Who knows?

All i'm saying is that sometimes you've got to open your mind up. Think outside the box that's outside the box. Look at the big picture and the long term effects instead of immediate direct results.

Maybe you'll actually make it like that. You've got to do what you can to seperate yourself though.

Anyone have any other ways they'd like to add. I'm very interested inn hearing some more. And don't say that people will steal your idea and become your competition. Most people here aren't even at that stage and the one's that are will probably be too busy or maybe bigger to try to use your idea. You'll help a few of us out though.

Lol, all the songs on my SC are free to download with no sound marks..
People can use for whatever the heck they want right now. Why? Well, I'm at the point where I don't yet consider my beats are quality enough to be worried about someone stealing them.. IN short, I suck right now..

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, all the songs on my SC are free to download with no sound marks..
People can use for whatever the heck they want right now. Why? Well, I'm at the point where I don't yet consider my beats are quality enough to be worried about someone stealing them.. IN short, I suck right now..

Still tage them. At least that way you get credited and people'll know you suck. Be proud of it cos you'll be a lot better soon if you stay at it.

And it they're not good enough to jack they're not good enough to use full stop (or point blank period as Americans say). How would you know if people jack you anyway? You're gonna wait until someone jacks you and you find out? So you know you finally don't suck any more?

The way i see it is that you've got no way you can lose, especially if you suck. So what reason have you got not to?

Back