Don't be paranoid about beat jacking - you've got nothing worth stealing!

rhythm22 said:
FCUK WHAT YOU HEARD! EVERYBODY, YEP THAT'S RIGHT EVERYBODY SHOULD BE WORRIED. Worried, not paranoid. Who's to say you're wack or not? These muthaphucka's that make threads like this who should follow their own advice, or these so called producers that make beats like "can't stop, won't stop' by the young guns? The wackest beat could be inspiration for someone to steal your idea, just think if "lil Joe" made grindin. You know how many people said that beat was wack and too simple. But since the neptunes made it it's hot. If Mr.nobody made it it'll be wack. I know right now I have a gang of beats that could be fire if I had the necessary experience to take them there. But if a person with that experience happen to hear it, he may have the experience and pull to take what I started to the next level and blow it up while getting all the credit for it. Why you think there's sooo many ghost producers out there? The reason is because that some "ghost producers" beats are considered wack when he's using it but fire when Dr.Dre puts his name on it. You do the math.

Agrees! :D

j-traxx said:
whoever they are is FUKKED when the studio asks for a multi track for mixing. :D unless.... it was mixed down to high standsards in the first place. :( shyt! :mad:

another j-traxx beat bites the dust :D

Would someone please steal my songs?...

I'm tired of waiting...

I don't have time to shop beats or hustle...

Steal my songs, please...

please....

Sorry been busy working... :( anyhow...

rhythm22 said:

What you trying to say about hip hip artist? Our music is not good enough to be stolen? I don't know what makes a "hip hop" artist so convinced that their stuff is worth stealing, but who cares? What does it matter? You'd be a fool if you don't protect your craft and be cautious in this business and develop habits of being cautious and skeptical in all situations.

What am i trying to say about hip hop? Exactly what i am saying. I never said anything about Hip Hop in general not being good enough. Read my original post again: i was mainly talking about newbie producers being paranoid about getting their beats jacked.

Who cares about why Hip Hop artists ae paranoid about getting their beats stolen? Me! I just think it's a weird way to look at things. I just wanted to open a discussion on it... it is a forum you know?

Where'd you get that stat from? I never read that in any book or seen it in any newspaper. You're speaking out your ass right now and making assumptions. No one knows the percentage or chances of someone stealing an individuals beat. I remember hearing Timbaland make a beat using the "knight rider" theme, and a month later Busta Rhymes came out with the same exact beat. I guess that's different huh? The fact is anybody can steal your beat, even if you're a professional or a nobody so don't take that chance.

The stat was just a way to express my belief that someone sampling your sh1t quality beats (as in the mp3 quality) from SoundClick is very basically never gonna happen.

I bet you also never seen a house or D&b producer make as much money as Dre, Neptunes, Timbaland and so on either. I can't even name a house or D&B producer and I bet half this forum can't either.

Not sure what your or anyone elses ignorance of house producers has to do with anything. MY point was just to compare the attitudes of makers of different kinds of music to the possibility of getting your music "jacked".

So who cares, house and D&B is wack and doesn't compare to the money made by hip hop artist so if that was my genre of music I wouldn't be as cautious either. But I'd still copyright my shyt.

There's certainly enough money to be made, if you wanted, by jacking house tunes etc. I've said all along that you should protect your creations from copyright theft - my point being (to state it yet again) that laying down spoilers on you mp3s on SC borders on paranoia.

See here: some people seem convinced that the moment someone hears their beats that the listener will rip off their tunes... you don't think that's being a bit er over confident, to say the least?

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=70358&perpage=8&pagenumber=1

It has everything to do with the so called point you made. You said these soundclick producers have no reason to be worried, their paranoid, and must be smoking some good weed if they think somebody is gonna steal their beat. Then you make this comment saying that"a well known big name producer can have a hit with a track that Mr Nobody wouldn't get in the charts with". That sounds like a contradiction to me.

No there's no contradiction there. These are two different points. The fact that an average song could be a hit for a Big Producer but a flop for an unknown guy doesn't mean that Big Producers Inc are searching Soundclick to rip your mp3s. They don't equate to the same thing at all.

If a big name producer can make a hit with my beat, but I can't I'd better protect my shyt right? Listen to what you saying man you're making an ass out of yourself.

Sure, you should protect your beats by means of establishing a legal way of proving your copyright or any other method you think fit. I just happen to think that the chances of anyone ripping your (not yours per se) stuff is so remote that you probably don't need your tunes with the spoken spoilers on there. It's just my opinion - and forums like this are for discussing these things.

Obviously you're not a business man,

no you got that right, i'm a sound engineer and part time musician.

sueing someone is easier said than done homie. It's not a easy as just getting a lawyer and sueing someone as you think. Once again you must not be speaking off of experience but out your ass. You think nobody ol me can go to a court of law and convince the jury that Dr.Dre stole a beat from me? You must be crazy! What would you think right now if I told you the neptunes stole "grindin" from me I really was the one who made it? Exactly. But if I listened to you and just put my shyt on Soundclick because I have a 99% chance it won't be stole I wouldn't be able to prove it anyway huh? If sueing someone and winning a case was that easy O.J, Puffy, R.kelly, Snoop, and Jason Williams would all be in jail right now.

You Hip Hop haters kill me:rolleyes:

"Messyman don't be Hip Hop hatin":o

No idea how my opinion on this issue = me hating Hip Hop... was that based on anything in particular?

:)

MM

^Seems like you didn't have anything interesting for me to comment on this time around just a bunch of back peddling. So I guess courts adjourn, all jurors agree with Rhythms side, Case closed! Everyone protect your shyt even if it is on Sound click and messyman thinks your paranoid.

There's honestly NOTHING you can do.

I understand people being worried tho. Because in rap A LOT of stealing goes on.

But Joe Schmo is probably not going to win a court case against Dr. Dre so telling people to just wait and sue is not a good strategy.

Everyone's best hope is to get connected in the industry... rub the right shoulders... and hope that whoever you're cool with is big enough so that no one will steal from one of their friends.

It's not about talent, its about who you know.

But if you are VERY TALENTED, people will not want to steal from you. They will aspire to work wit you instead.

rhythm22 said:
I remember hearing Timbaland make a beat using the "knight rider" theme, and a month later Busta Rhymes came out with the same exact beat. I guess that's different huh?
Timbo sampled the theme. Whoever produced the Busta joint interpolated the theme AFAIK.

You just brought a thread back from 2004... For *that* comment? :D

Time to put another FP word into circuation:

You're officially an FP 'gravedigger'. Congrats, haha

Here's an idea... Instead of posting your beats up that no one is gunna buy or steal how about finding rappers in your area to rap on them and put a group together. Every city big or small has tons of up and coming or wannabe rappers that are dying to get on tracks. Best of all they will work for free. You can start booking shows and releasing cds, then guess what your gaining producer credibility. Just my rant, but I think that there are too many lazy beatmakers out there that think all they gotta do is sit on there ass all day and make beats and all of a sudden something big is gunna happen outta thin air. Sorry but it doesn't work like that.

The only one stealing a no-name producers beat is a no-name emcee in my opinion. I'm sure there has been cases where this has actually happened on a larger level by a relevant producer/artist, but I doubt it's something that happens often. If your good you will get swiped by a label, not get your sh1t stolen. People wanna make money and if a talent scout thinks you can get him a Christmas bonus he will promote you.

I say even if its whack, still protect it. How much garbage do you hear on the radio every day? a lot.
If the beat sucks, theres still a chance of someone jumping on it and making some money. I dont care if someone steals a beat from me and makes $5, its supposed to be my $5 and I want it. period.

lol... Good post OP but unfortunately the saga continues with out prejudice... I just read a thread on another forum about a guy shopping stolen beats to artist on overseas labels and there buy'n them up from this guy...

STAMP YOUR SHYT fellas there's no morals these days. Things move too fast to stop the leaks once you get got...

"Don't be paranoid about beat jacking" lol i saw this much of the title and thought !you've got nothing worth stealing!"before i even read it!

Thanks for shattering every last bit of morale I have, then putting the shattered pieces into a blender, followed by feeding the remanants to a stray dog with AIDs.

what's wrong with that?

FCUK WHAT YOU HEARD! EVERYBODY, YEP THAT'S RIGHT EVERYBODY SHOULD BE WORRIED. Worried, not paranoid. Who's to say you're wack or not? These muthaphucka's that make threads like this who should follow their own advice, or these so called producers that make beats like "can't stop, won't stop' by the young guns? The wackest beat could be inspiration for someone to steal your idea, just think if "lil Joe" made grindin. You know how many people said that beat was wack and too simple. But since the neptunes made it it's hot. If Mr.nobody made it it'll be wack. I know right now I have a gang of beats that could be fire if I had the necessary experience to take them there. But if a person with that experience happen to hear it, he may have the experience and pull to take what I started to the next level and blow it up while getting all the credit for it. Why you think there's sooo many ghost producers out there? The reason is because that some "ghost producers" beats are considered wack when he's using it but fire when Dr.Dre puts his name on it. You do the math.

very well said for a 5 year-old post (2004)...

Would someone please steal my songs?...

I'm tired of waiting...

I don't have time to shop beats or hustle...

Steal my songs, please...

please....

The irony of this post 5 years ago and johnny julianos thread yesterday.

Lolol

So many legends in this thread! Miss you young hov even if you do look like eddie munster.

Back