Do NOT buy computer hardware right now! (Overpriced)

CPhoenix

CharlesAllen/ BMR Studios
Just out of curiosity I went to newegg and started browsing their listings, thinking I may want to pick 1-2 things up for the holidays to add to my setup.

Right now a WD Caviar Blue HD (500GB, 7200RPM) is $150
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I swear to god I bought this EXACT SAME hard drive in in February 2010 (Feb 25th to be exact) for $55.99. There was no super sale on it at the time... it was just the regular competitive price. I can show you the receipt.

Do NOT buy any computer hardware until these prices go down. That's 3 times the amount it was last year. Computer hardware is supposed to depreciate in value lol not increase at the end of the year.

Tis NOT the seaon. Just a warning to those planning to build their own system.

Add volatility of the US dollar exchange rate on a day-to-day basis and you get the entire picture

A lot of local business' haven't changed their prices though. You can still get those drives for 60-80 bucks around here.

Wow obi... do u know everything? Lol. That pretty much summed it up. I was about to be very upset. Ha!

In my country You can get 1TB external TOSHIBA USB 3.0 for about 100~120$. But ive seen cheaper half year ago...

re

due to Thailand HDs are super expensive and they are telling the channels that it will last until Q4. the flooding took out the machine tools used to make drive parts not just drives.

Then be patient and w8 some time, hardware goes down in price all the time, it's natural development.

Back