**Digging adventures - post what you get**

I went to a record show recently and found a pretty unexpected gem. I got the album 'With You I am' by Sister Janet Mead. Yes, you guessed it, she's a nun! The guy at the record show said I would dig it, since I was looking for funky rock sounding stuff. I thought maybe he was just trying to sucker me into buying something crappy, but I got home and listened to it and it's SO DOPE! Not really for listening to, but there are so many fat samples I don't even know where to start. If you ever see any of her music on wax, cop that shit!

We need pictures! The whole point of the thread. That album sounds dope though. I have a musical version of the life of St. Peter called ROCK. Dope loops all over.

The local record store gave me access to their back room! Found some pretty good gems in this lot. Frank Sinatra, Love Unlimited, Vicki Robinson, James Brown, Roberta Flack, and much more. Spent the entire day going through this and still haven't put a dent into it.
record room 1.jpgrecord room 2.jpgrecord room 3.jpg

Im looking for the instrumental with Rosemary’s baby sample in it or some similar sound, I would really appreciate it

bMotdBS.jpg

I found a thrift shop with a great selection of about 1000+ used vinyls. Bought these for about 1,5-2$ each (some rare 70's and 80's polish stuff + things that you could know better - like George Benson or Linda Clifford). I'm going there again next week!

I went to the flea market and there is this guy man he have table stands full of records for far as i could see i got motown's four tops. The 5th Dimension, The three Degrees its so many at 2 bucks each

2001_lp_cover.jpg

Disco break on this joint, got this lp a few days back from a lot of records i bought.
one other lp i found in the lot, was a Gene Krupa album - Swing Treasury LP --- I couldnt find a photo online of the album i bought, and I dont have a camera to take photos of my records. But mann, look out for that lp. if you see BUY IT, you wont regret it

just got all this for a dollar each: DSC00447.JPGDSC00450.JPGDSC00451.JPG

the ones at the bottom are lou rawls, minnie rippeton, new york city.

Last edited:
Back