DeLaSoul Whole Catelog Free for Valentine's Day

lemme guess r they all coming out as gay 2??

some homo surprise for rap?

nope much slicker than that - subscription to their mailing list and their website and I'm cool with that - also cool with it if they were to announce they were on the downlow as you guys seem to want it to be

This seems to be the emerging trend among the more "seasoned" acts....

Peep the formula:

1. Acquire email addresses
2. grant catalog access
3. sell them headphones.

lol.

Please note: This could be a death sentence for smaller groups with no brand power...so don't get no ideas... :cool:

no more than any other business doing the same thing - using valentines day as a marketing opportunity that is

De La Soul are great. The fact they did that has solved so many issues. When I was a kid I had a few of their releases on tape. Now I can get it on my iPhone. Perfect! I know they've had trouble putting their catalogue out digitally so it saves them the legal trouble now too. Great solution to many problems. It can work for the new guys with no brand power too, in my opinion. It's all about building faith and reminding people of their existence.

Who cares if they are trying to sell me something down the road? Which they will be (their next release)... You can unsubscribe at any time. It's much more professional than anything I've ever come across. A lot of people should be taking notes from their books. There's a producer who spam emails me emails that illustrate that he's in the studio with Pete Rock and such (pure bs), and doesn't let you unsubscribe. Even when I've e-mailed his numerous accounts multiple times... I didn't even sign up to get something for free, which annoys me even more.

But I've kind of gone off topic here.

Cheers,
Exclusivo

www.frofresh.com

Back