Critique needed (F4F)

Nipharu

Black America x Japan
Thanks everyone for their help on my other tracks, I made a new one last night and would like some feedback on it. Of course feedback will be returned so feel free to drop those links.

Updated link:

Last edited:
I presume this is made using samples from another track, if yes then you have good ears because those samples in that order make a really nice noise, just something about the kick, which I guess you added?, anyway it seems a little loud compared to the other parts of the track so maybe level that out if possible?

https://soundcloud.com/aplah/aplah-recall

I presume this is made using samples from another track, if yes then you have good ears because those samples in that order make a really nice noise, just something about the kick, which I guess you added?, anyway it seems a little loud compared to the other parts of the track so maybe level that out if possible?
Yea the melody is sampled. I was thinking that earlier too.

I'm a little lost composition wise, but I really like how you ordered the samples.
Why are you lost?

Last edited:
I enjoyedthe beat! Very nice samples. The 2nd kick drowns out a lot of the melody. I'm not too sure how I would improve this besides maybe adding a different drum line near the middle to add something different for the listener. But that all depends on where you want to take this beat!

Please leave feedback here! Thanks

hey nipharu ,nice beats ,i liked U.F.O :victory:
for "dawn" i think it's good but you could have had more groove on the bass , by playin it maybe less "on" the beat and more in between the mesures .. (don't know if your working with an mpc but you can play that bass on 16level and find a nice bassline)

Last edited:
Sample is good, but drums are weak. Or at least snare needs some pumping.

You can check my lastest online creation here. Thanks.

Last edited:
Dawn

You combined the string/horn sample with the vocals nicely! Very laid-back party feel.
The drums are slightly overpowering the sample, which I think, in this case, should be the other way around. Mixing is always very subjective, but generally speaking, you could compress the track some more to glue things together.

Back