Creative Vocal Effects

kungfu#1

hey you guys trying to learn new creative vocal effects but know where to begin. I like the ones from 2chainz ''Crack" Song the first one is a bypass filter know that one but the one that starts at 1:06 really interest me any suggestions or ideas you have I am all ears well eyes!!!

thanks in advance

There's a bypass filter?Well there are many tutorials that showcase effects and such that work for all types of sounds.
Gotta read up on all types of effects to grasp what's going on unfortunately.
[Resonance hp filter lp filter phasers flangers reverb delays allpass filtering comb filtering]

well let's face it if you don't know the language then bandpass sounds similar to bypass

Well, yes. I just don't think it's forbidden to think about the words instead of just throwing them around - he did, after all, claim knowing it's a "bypass filter" :)

Nitpicking aside, I think the most interesting vocal treatments come from experimentation - combine different effects, automate their parameters and see what happens. I've seen a couple of people on here just rattle off a bunch of "vocal effects", as if there was some kind of a list of what you're allowed to do - but of course, nothing new is gonna come out of that. Trying things out isn't going to break anything.

exactly - in no particular order
flanging/adt
chorus
delays
reverb
filters of any sort (except allpass which serves no purpose other than to phase align your signal)
eq
saturation
gating
vibrato
tremolo

Back