Connecting DJ Controller to Power Amp with only Barrier Strips

Hello FP,
I bought a power amp off of craigslist with the intentions to use it as a power amp to DJ. Once I got the amp (crest audio fcv440) I noticed the inputs were just Input/Output Barrier Strips and Octal Socket. My controller has outputs for 1/4" Jack and RCA . Is it possible to use this amp with my set up? If so how do I connect to the power amp? I hope I didn't waste my money! Any info would really help!

Thanks!

GSP

Since nobody has answered this, I'll say that it looks like all you need is a cable set with RCA connections on one end, and what are called "spade plugs" on the other end, which you can connect to the barrier strip outputs. But it's supposed to go into a 4 Ohm load; what speakers do you have and how are they rated?

GJ

Since nobody has answered this, I'll say that it looks like all you need is a cable set with RCA connections on one end, and what are called "spade plugs" on the other end, which you can connect to the barrier strip outputs. But it's supposed to go into a 4 Ohm load; what speakers do you have and how are they rated?

GJ

Thanks for the replays guys. My speakers are some 12" Podium Pro 1200C. The specs are :

Pair of Ported 12" 3-Way Cabinets
These Speakers can receive 500 Watts RMS per pair & 1000 Watts Max per pair at 8ohm
Sensitivity is 92dB with 32-30,000 Hz Frequency Response
Woofer is a Deluxe 12" 8ohm Poly-Treated Wide Dispersion Driver
Midrange is a Deluxe 5" Kapton & Tweeter is 3"x7" Horn
Terminals Have Two 1/4" Jacks and Raw Wire Connectors
Constructed with High Quality 3/4" MDF Wood
Deluxe Steel Woofer Grills
Height 27" x Width 15" x Depth 11.75" per Speaker
31 Pounds per Speaker
Speaker Mounts for Pole Speaker Stands
Heavy Duty Solid ABS Corners
Impact-Forgiving Black Aviation Carpet

OK, you should be coolio. You can run 4 into 8. You're not supposed to run 8 ohm output load into 4 ohms (the reverse of your situation), as there is a chance of over-taxing the amp and having serious trouble (people do it all the time, but you still shouldn't, as you're rolling the dice).

Anyway, your set-up will be fine...

GJ

OK, you should be coolio. You can run 4 into 8. You're not supposed to run 8 ohm output load into 4 ohms (the reverse of your situation), as there is a chance of over-taxing the amp and having serious trouble (people do it all the time, but you still shouldn't, as you're rolling the dice).

Anyway, your set-up will be fine...

GJ

Thank y'all so much for the info. Sorry for the noobness I always used the venues PA system and just now getting into mobile DJing. I'm a see of I can find some 1/4" to spade. Thanks again.

Back