Confessions of a real life beat hoarder

ThaRealKapone

...Only Kapone
I've been bad... lol. I've sat on so many good beats over the last couple years jus outta sheer decisiveness, "Well should I rap on this one or sell it? Lemme wait till I get a few more songs done and then I'll decide". NO MORE! Today I did a lil spring cleaning and put about 50% of my back catalog onto soundcloud! All those beats jus added to my mental clutter lol. With that being said, I ain't here to shamelessly self promote, I know what part of the board thats for. Take this as an invitation to get to know me and my work and share you and yours as well. Lets get some beat hoardin' stories poppin' off in 'chea!

Oh and noob question, how do you make it so that your sets are on your profile page on soundcloud instead of it showing your individual tracks?

Last edited:
Why don't you share them with record label's and some managers?

@Vibedealer, not a bad idea, I've already talked directly to a few artists that have buzz and I'm expecting a few songs to come out on 'em but I SHOULD also hit up managers and labels, gotta get these tracks out the vault. Jus figured I start the sharing here cus y'all shared a lot with me and gave me a lot, I wanted to give y'all a better idea of who I am and what I sound like. @Mwandishi, greatly appreciated sir! Lookin forward to hearin' your work!

Last edited:
Kapone, I try to keep a low profile on here, but I'm from Pasadena too. I'm glad to finally see some real talent on here. Check me out and Pm more for some collab work. I'm in the middle of a nice project right now.

*and keep them beats in a ziploc bag so they can stay fresh* haha

P.H.S. C/0 02' BULLDOGS!

Heroine by T.Pratt on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Hahaha! Love love! Dena fam salute! Imma check you out and get back to you asap. Your dearly appreciate bro!

man, i shall post up, everybody should, everybody who reads this should post something up, ima do too later when i get home

I been known you had skill Kapone

as for me, I'm not much of a hoarder as I mentioned in another thread

Thanks for the love Isk mayne! Cain't get on your soundclick at the moment but I listened to your beat tape, that 'I Want You So Bad' track struck me right away. Did you start producing through R&B?

everybody should, everybody who reads this should post something up

*sigh* fine.

"NSRecord85bpm" (Neo Soul)

"Bury Me A G" (Trap)

"Maybach Music VII" (Awesomeness)

my problem is not giving a shit about what becomes of a song after I hand someone an instrumental. I truly do just like making instrumentals (and getting paid) for the **** of it. I have no desire to change.

*sigh* fine.

"NSRecord85bpm" (Neo Soul)

"Bury Me A G" (Trap)

"Maybach Music VII" (Awesomeness)

my problem is not giving a shit about what becomes of a song after I hand someone an instrumental. I truly do just like making instrumentals (and getting paid) for the **** of it. I have no desire to change.

Dope shxt bro! Whenever you do post somethin' its jus stupid! And as for what you said, atleast you honest with yourself lol. It ain't a problem, jus another mind state, cus there's cats that think and feel jus like you about beat sales and they STILL makin' a livin' off their beats, hell, 99.9% of the soundcloud is based on that mentality and there have been some major success stories that came outta there. Also, gotta ask ya, do you use EZ-Drummer? I understand that talkin bout the tools we use can be a bit of a personal question so I'll understand if you don't wanna answer that one

nawl it's fine, but NI Studio Drummer all the way.

I missed out on that Sweetwater deal where they had EZDrummer for like $39.00 and I been contemplatin suicide ever since. shit's only like $169.00 retail, but still. EZDrummer's actually what I plan on copping next. I done drained the hell out of Studio Drummer.

I need new VSTs desperately.

Last edited:
Lol you a better man than me though! Every program I'm using I got for free. My main program is Garageband and it came with my Mac and I got a student version of Logic from the homie who goes to LA Music Academy. Got some hardware here and there but my setup is definitely of the minimalist persuasion lol

nice music kapone, props. my problem isnt so much hoarding but actually finishing beats i have a lot of started projects, i usually have to finish a beat in 1-3 sittings tops.

Thanks for the love Isk mayne! Cain't get on your soundclick at the moment but I listened to your beat tape, that 'I Want You So Bad' track struck me right away. Did you start producing through R&B?

Appreciate that bro, tbh the joints on that tape were, for the most part, beats that I wasn't totally satisfied with lol. And no sir, it actually took me a while to get a hang of R&B...I produce it here and there when I get the urge

Lol you a better man than me though! Every program I'm using I got for free. My main program is Garageband and it came with my Mac and I got a student version of Logic from the homie who goes to LA Music Academy. Got some hardware here and there but my setup is definitely of the minimalist persuasion lol

lol FL Studio and Chinese MIDI Controller here

love that shit shawty, especially beat 1 n 3

appreciate it

I always sit on beats. I'll think maybe that I'll use them for myself or one of my homies, then they end up just staying on my computer. Not saying they're the best, but I got some pretty good beats I need to post up. This post has inspired me to go back and finish all those beats and post them up.

Back