best place in cali

I must say that those folks in the Uptown area really know how to party and was told that they revitalized the downtown area especially at night.

Hella Truthy.
6-8 years ago, most wouldn't have dared party in downtown/uptown. Shoot, I was getting guns pulled on me at 13 years old just trying to go skateboarding.
Now cats from every part of the bay to come party and drop dollars in that little section of town….
A new bar/club pops up literally every week these days….

Oh they know they are in the hood. It's obviously the hood if you anywhere around san pablo from the 20's to the 40s., but hipsters think it's cool to "slum it". The move into these area's with their trust funds to look like they are one of the struggling artists down with the common person.

Word I know a dude that moved from Santa Monica to Lower Bottoms lol

Lol. People act like I was crazy to move to VA when I was ready to buy a house.

Most studio and "meet/greet" opportunities are gonna be in N. Hollywood, Universal City, stuff around Downtown L.A., ect. The active areas are too expensive to live in though. You're gonna need a reliable car. And Networking will have you running everywhere, I got used to 2 hour trips anywhere I was going. Pasadena, Inglewood, Long Beach, Riverside, San Diego, I jumped around constantly. I agree with others though, I wouldn't hop on a plane without opportunities already in place. Traffic is a bisch too, 20 miles at the wrong time of day can turn into an hour trip. Traveled alot at night when the roads got empty. Studios are still crackin' at midnight, just getting going 9/10.

It is L.A. though, you'll run into people regularly just going to the mall shopping. But it's a different world, guys who get treated like stars other places get left alone out there so you can't get no where rushing them with a demo.

Last edited:
Lol. People act like I was crazy to move to VA when I was ready to buy a house.

Most studio and "meet/greet" opportunities are gonna be in N. Hollywood, Universal City, stuff around Downtown L.A., ect. The active areas are too expensive to live in though. You're gonna need a reliable car. And Networking will have you running everywhere, I got used to 2 hour trips anywhere I was going. Pasadena, Inglewood, Long Beach, Riverside, San Diego, I jumped around constantly. I agree with others though, I wouldn't hop on a plane without opportunities already in place. Traffic is a bisch too, 20 miles at the wrong time of day can turn into an hour trip. Traveled alot at night when the roads got empty. Studios are still crackin' at midnight, just getting going 9/10.

It is L.A. though, you'll run into people regularly just going to the mall shopping. But it's a different world, guys who get treated like stars other places get left alone out there so you can't get no where rushing them with a demo.

Didnt you spend time in the Bay Area working with Yuk and other artists?

damn man! is it really that expensive!? do you guys know if new York is cheaper? I know that is mad expensive over there too..

Back