best daw in terms of workflow?

Wowwww!
I hope dudes are not looking at a couple of limits in RnR and think it's going to hell. If that's the case Live don't have a count in, so I guess it's FAIL:banghead: also? LOL I think not some people use it.

yes it does

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

here we go son neverenoughfunk the hater of reason and record is in the mutha fuccin house lol neverenoughfunk sorry to say son danoc shyted all over you, he and xabiton settled what you thought he was wrong in. that site wasnt clear on sampling so he showed it and xabiton understood. but he did son you that you were bashing, and you didnt put up any music or video for us to check you music son, sup wit dat? I dont think you are keepin it 100 with us. why the fucc you hatin on homie so much? from what i heard danoc is a mutha fuccin beast on the beats do you have some i would like to hear them. if hes technical inclined or not really doesnt matter what matters is can he make good music and from what i heard hes a fuccin beast.
while i appreciate the kind words lets not fuel an argument. That's just as bad as what he was doing before.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

You had to buy another app(Record) in order to get Reason up to speed. PH made millions conning it's users. And, you guys fell for it.

I guess I'm different. Running 3-4 programs to get a simple task accomplished is not the bizness.

ONE program for me. LIVE babe.
not so much. To be honest I only bought Record because of the deal that Props was offering for people who buy Record before Reason 5 comes out. I really liked Record anyway but I do not need it at all. I can get the job done in just Reason by itself. The limitations you see are all in your head because you allow them to be. Lots of people make great music in Reason alone

yes it does

Nah I was just messing with Cash with that one.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

AWwwwwwwwwwwh dam Cash did you say we got conned? LOL :rofl:

So Cash let me get this right you think I can't do a whole musical track in Record alone I would have to us ANOTHER DAW to make my track?

Or is it because PH made Record which was an upgrade to Reason, just like Live have upgrades also, so did you get conned or are you still on Live 1? If you got Live 8 then you've been conned too. lol :rofl:

Lol @ this thread...I personally use Reason & Record it's a great combo and I love'em 2 death..For me,workflow wise there's no equivalent.After creepin the forums and watchin a few you tube vids I was compelled to give Ableton Live a go,so I downloaded a free trial.Now im tryna wrap my head around that..So far it's had the steepest learning curve ive encountered as far as programs go but im slowly getting the hang of it..I can see why it's so many's "secret weapon" its the closest thing to an mpc...

Last edited:
How was reason not up to speed as far as making music, it may not have been up to speed for your standards but for me I was getting paid off of my beats reason. Workflow wise for me its always been my tool of choice and trust me I own a lot of different daws and for me none of them workflow wise does what reason does for me. Record for me was just a reason upgrade the same as every other protools upgrade or logic upgrade etc. Why do people always swear that what they use to make music is the best for everyone else to use as well.. it doesn't work that way everyone is different, I like what I like. And you like what you like. Make music and stop being so technical that my new catch phrase. The person that will be purchasing your music doesn't care what you use as long as it sounds good.

Lol @ this thread...I personally use Reason & Record it's a great combo and I love'em 2 death..For me,workflow wise there's no equivalent.After creepin the forums and watchin a few you tube vids I was compelled to give Ableton Live a go,so I downloaded a free trial.Now im tryna wrap my head around that..So far it's had the steepest learning curve ive encountered as far as programs go but im slowly getting the hang of it..I can see why it's so many's "secret weapon" its the closest thing to an mpc...

Yes sir, I have my Live rig set up like my MPC and it's so cool. There's no learning curve bro. Just focus on one task at a time, learn it then repeat the process.

I'm thankful for my time spent with Reason. All the workarounds and shortcomings makes me really appreciate what I have in Ableton Live.
I shouldn't have to buy Recycle or Record to get Reason up to speed...Yeah I said it.

Sure you can make a bang'n beat in Reason only. But I like to bring in the outside world into my production (samples and vocals).

Damn I made a chop mistake...have to open Recycle again. :banghead:
Back to Reason...Not again...Back to Recycle. lol.

It's me, not PH...I'm the wack one...not them. :rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Nah I was just messing with Cash with that one.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

AWwwwwwwwwwwh dam Cash did you say we got conned? LOL :rofl:

So Cash let me get this right you think I can't do a whole musical track in Record alone I would have to us ANOTHER DAW to make my track?

Or is it because PH made Record which was an upgrade to Reason, just like Live have upgrades also, so did you get conned or are you still on Live 1? If you got Live 8 then you've been conned too. lol :rofl:

Record was never a upgrade to Reason. Record was/is PH answer to it's loyal customers who have been asking (begging) for audio recording since it's conception. After all the asking they released a half-ass product with No midi out and if you don't have their flagship product Reason you're dead in the water. You know that Noc.

But,But,But...what about that SSL board...please PH.

I have FREE vst SSL's channel strips.
MCEQ.jpg

Forget about it.

Last edited:
Record was never a upgrade to Reason. Record was/is PH answer to it's loyal customers who have been asking (begging) for audio recording since it's conception. After all the asking they released a half-ass product with No midi out and if you don't have their flagship product Reason you're dead in the water. You know that Noc.

Awwwwwh dam Cash, ummm :rofl: Man you know dang on well, Record was the answer to Reason. All PH did was market it in a different way that's all, and they wanna be different there's nothing wrong with that. Dude people have been making beats without Record so how would peeps be dead in the water? I have beats that I sold to companies from Reason only and I am not dead, I was killin it with Reason, and THEN CAME RECORD! It's a wrap!
Yo Cash bust this, I use my Hardware gear inside Record and don't need midi out. When have you seen me crying about midi out? Man I got tracks right now blazin from using the Motif XS with my drums inside of Record. If Record was THE ANSWER to Reason because of loyal customers then it was an upgrade lol Just done differently than normal upgrades, come on my dude you should see that.

Hold up, free SSL channel strip? LOL :rofl: Cash you're kidding me right? Well my SSL board is free too, it comes packed inside of Record with every purchase, it's not like I have to get it SEPARATELY or something. For the price of Record I would say I am getting a hot SSL 9000k for real for free.

Cash on the real, that strip you got for free is WACK! lol :rofl: That's not even considered an SSL whole strip, where are your dynamics? Where is the compressors? Where is the Effect sends? That's a freakin EQ section only lol Let me show you what a real SSL strip looks like in the cyber flesh!

Lets look at the SSL's in both Record and yours. Oh what is yours modeled after 4000Gk? 4080J? 6000G? 9000K? AWS 900? LOL What the heck is a VQ 1A? :rofl:

MCEQ.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^CASH DAILY! SSL

And here is my SSL 9000K A TRUE CHANNEL STRIP! Runnin on a 64 bit buss!
n6qssl.jpg

Oh don't let me forget about the Main Buss compressor :bigeyes:

108h91t.jpg

FOR FREE! lol PH gives us the illest SSL board, no other program has an mixer like it that comes within that program! NOT ONE! Live mixer is not touching this, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, NONE!

Funny thing is if you buy Cubase, Logic, Sonar, or Live and you already paid at least over $350 for the program it's self, then really want great emulation of the SSL 4000, not 9000k from Waves you have to spend and extra $500 just for a strip like this:

1zv69er.jpg

That's just the EQ, Dynamics, and Gain module on that and this is the SSL E channel. Now if you want the Master Bus Compression, that's another $500 you're dishing out, when PH gives us the Master bus compression FREE! lol Then they have SSL G EQ by it's self, how much you think that will run you? Now they done made a SSL G channel which is pretty much the same as the E-Channel, and how much you think that SSL G channel cost? Plus on top of that YOU HAVE TO PAY EVERY YEAR ANNUALLY with Waves on your products. NOW THAT'S A FREAKIN CON! When I buy something I am not suppose to pay for it after that. Then on top of that, try running 40 tracks of SSL on a two ram gigs and a duo core computer, PC or Mac and see what happens lol hahahah :rofl::rofl: Man don't tell me about no other SSL channel strip, PH got that ish on lock disssssdown! Oh and all those Wave joints you have to buy separate or a bundle and they cost!

I can open up 50 tracks of SSL on my computer and it won't even blink! Every track gets a dedicated SSL strip, that's magnificent!

Oh peeps this was all in fun, don't take this super serious.

Last edited:

Hold up, free SSL channel strip? LOL :rofl: Cash you're kidding me right? Well my SSL board is free too, it comes packed inside of Record with every purchase, it's not like I have to get it SEPARATELY or something. For the price of Record I would say I am getting a hot SSL 9000k for real for free.

Minor annoyance but you're not getting a free anything, that goes for ableton, record or whatever. You're paying for its features.

Even though I found record's interface to be a little too cluttered for my tastes I was impressed with at least the options the SSL offers. On the other hand, I've never been obsessed with this simulating SSL craze.

Also, INSERT DAW HERE RULEZ YO!

Minor annoyance but you're not getting a free anything, that goes for ableton, record or whatever. You're paying for its features.

Even though I found record's interface to be a little too cluttered for my tastes I was impressed with at least the options the SSL offers. On the other hand, I've never been obsessed with this simulating SSL craze.

Also, INSERT DAW HERE RULEZ YO!

SG come on man I know I am not getting it for free free, but the price I get for all the stuff that's in Record, seems like they are giving it away compare to other priced daws and then you have to buy extra stuff to make certain daws stand out. PT8 which I love, if I want my sound to be right and correct I have to purchase EXTRA stuff just to play with the big boys. I don't have to buy an SSL strip separately it comes with it.

Here's what I see with PH. All the stuff that you buy separately to put in these other DAWS they are putting it in one program. See I see where they are headed. Example

1. SSL in Record so that elimates buying Waves SSL, Duende, or Oxford which is expensive.

2. Kong, is the answer to Motu BPM and Battery and any other piece like it, it comes with it and I don't have to buy it separate!

3. Neptune, taking the place of Autotune, now I don't have to buy Auto T separately it comes in one package.

4. Refills, the answer to VSTi's PH has free ones and ones you buy, not expensive at all. I am not buying anymore VSTi's for PT when I can get many refills which there is no iLok key for or no security on it at all and I can share with my friends. Try doing that with EastWest VSTi's, or IK Multimedia VSTi's and other companies.

5. Sampling in real time audio. No other program on this planet but PH is doing this. I can sample in four devices from records, hands down they are the leaders in that!!! I don't have to use my MPC if I don't want to!

6. Line 6 guitar amp and for bass, wipes out PT's Eleven, and any other product out there.

Do I need to go on? They are putting everything we need inside their package for a low price and it all sounds good! It's delicious! When Record 2.0 hits, we will see what esle they add and Ima be right there, this is a boat I aint getting off of! lol So let dudes keep spending unnecessary money if they want, that's on them. I am done spending money on PT8 and VST's and VSTi's for it. My last purchase was EastWest products and that's it.

I'm about to pay only $129 dollars for the upgrade and get Record 1.5 for free with Neptune in it. So I am getting a free Neptune/Autotune I mean how good is that? :):):):smokinFP: The price tag on that joint makes no sense to buy when you can get RnR and call it a night!

Example

25zh3s2.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navi...XGB&ZYXSEM=0&gclid=CM6lhpbUkKMCFQpf2godfTYGqQ

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Until next time Noc. I'm out.

Ok Cash be cool have a nice day.

Last edited:
I have been using Tracktion 2 for years homie and love it. It is simple and doesn't have all the bells and whistles that a lot of other software has, but that is why i like it.

Back