best daw in terms of workflow?

Its really a personal preference, there is no definitive answer.

Its like asking what fruit tastes the nicest or a better analogy what car drives the best.

Bottom line is try em for yourself.

Last edited:
I use Tracktion 3, and is absolutely phenomenal.
Everything is on the screen, no brainwashing submenus or nonsense navigation. Of course you can add all the VST of the world to it.

Cubase FTW. Flawless Victory! Fatality!

[video=youtube;nmOr4vLJghA&feature=related]video[/video]

Last edited:
Depends on the user. I love my workflow that I get with my Record Recycle and Reason combo. It will only get better when Reason 5 comes out.

What do you think? logic? fl studio? reason? ect?

It's difficult to say. Different people have a different flow when it comes to creating things. There are two distinctive flows that I've noticed in myself. The one that I default to is to just do stuff on the fly. The other is to plan things out carefully and work according to the plan. For me, different types of sequencers have been a match for one workflow, but not so much the other. I do my best work, in whatever I do, not just making music, when I plan things carefully. It's the same flow that I employ as a graphic artist. It's always tempting to just jump dead into something and see what happens, but it rarely produces the best results. Where music is concerned, I found that linear sequencers like Cubase, Logic, or Sonar are a better fit for the way I choose to work. I found that Sequencers like Ableton and FL Studio, while being pretty well spec'd, were not a good a fit for the careful planner workflow that I prefer. So the first question I think is, how do you prefer to work. Then you can take some time to decide which type of sequencer is a better fit for you. No point in wondering if sequencers as different as Cubase and Live have better or worse workflows. Neither can get close to what the other does best. You just need to know what it is that you need.

I think for beat making Reason has it on lock as far as workflow. I can make a whole track by the time most people get the drum pattern going in FL Studio.

I go from start to finish minus song mode and drum picking (which don't take long) in about 15min.

For recording I would say ProTools but that's because I love the routing in the mixer and that's a big chuck on time for most. Also I know the hot keys pretty well and that helps a lot.

like others have said there is no definitive answer. demo all the DAWs out there. watch tutorials. and see which one fits your workflow best.

Ableton has proven efficient for me. I tend to work very spontaneously...as in, I get a random idea and play around with it on my keyboard from there. Once I have the structure going I flesh it out until everything is there and the only things that I have to do are record vocals (depending on the song) and get the mix sounding right. I love how easy it is to record on the fly and bounce things quickly down to an audio track once I finalize the idea.

Yea it's your workflow try some demos and you'll find which is the best

daw to each his own what works with others may not work for you demos

and tutorials

I've demo just about all of them

Sonar has an ugly user interface. I will never plan on using that mess.
Reason is good, But when it comes too adding EQ's and mixing, its a woozy.
FL Studio is much more user friendly, a couple of youtube tutorials and you'll be well on your way

I find that the art of rewire or using midiyoke to communicate between sequencers to be very useful! That way you can get the best of both worlds of all ur fav sequencers!! I'm learning to incorporate it into my workflow right now :)

Back