behringer c1 anyone using one?

cartwheel1984

Im after a cheap condenser mic, at the minute its a toss between behringer c1 and samson co1.

All I want to do is short vocal samples n add fx over the top.

will these mics be good and sound clear enough for that?

mic will be running into focusrite212 into mac using logic.

Any help would be appreciated!

both are of the same base quality (and likely to be the same underlying design given that they come out iof similar factories in China) good for small studio

they will suffice for what you want to do now (I have 2 C1's that I use for teaching with (safer than using much more expensive mics with young hands))

no more than any low cost mic - noise floor is inherent in everything that has an electronic circuit associated with it, how little that noise floor is is down to the quality of the components in the circuit - which comes back to hand picked components to meet electrical specs vs machine insertion of whatever is fed into the machine to begin with

it is rumoured of some of the high-end microphone manufacturers, that they reject over 90% of components bought for making pre-amp circuits for their mics (it is more likely that they reject a batch based on sampling random units before delivery rather than take delivery ad then test)

Back