Beat Makers>>>>>Producers

HardWorker73

I would rather be a beat maker over being a producer reason is i like to construct my beats fully byself they call that a beat maker.They call producers the guys that never touched a beat that's in the studio constructing the songs.My passion is making the beats and creating the sound.

Cool. Sounds like you would be better off as a part of a production team. Where a producer gets credit for making the decision of using a beat of yours for a project. Or a musician/ artist who creates instrumental albums with no need of an artist unless they are featured....which still makes you a producer.

I have a better ear than making music. Would rather put two and two together with the reliability on me providing a valuable product. And the great thing about it all is I get to tell beatmakers "nah....not what I'm looking for". And they get to say "he ain't shit anyway....my beats are hot...his shit is wack.....MC Fruitjuicy only sold 240k his first week....he fuucking up the game.....ain't no got damn way I'm letting a producer take credit for a song using my beat....I run this MFer...I'm the next Timbaland".

A beat ain't shit without a good songwriter. A good songwriter may not have the best ear for tampering with the human brain. A good producer may not know exactly how to make his own self insane in a way that he is imagining at the moment. So everything goes hand and hand together. And it works out perfect especially when everyone knows their role in a project. And that's the beauty of having a hit record. Knowing you couldn't have done it on your own.

Last edited:
I like this forum...I honestly never truly knew the difference between the two terms. I'd like to be equally both...in the event my arms get chopped off...I'd be glad I'm still a producer...

I like this forum...I honestly never truly knew the difference between the two terms. I'd like to be equally both...in the event my arms get chopped off...I'd be glad I'm still a producer...

The reason i mentioned this is because alot people try to down beat makers that call themselves producers by saying "your not a producer your a beat maker" i wouldn't get offended by this but if this is true then i would love to be labeled as just a "beat maker".What would a producer produce if there is no beat?

Yeah I'll bang out the initial beat, but I dont know how to play no mutha****in violin, ok she does, therefore I'll have her do it. I still made the beat, but what makes me producer status is because I HEAR the violins that are supposed to go with the beat that will turn that BEAT into a SONG, I just dont know how to play, so I find someone that does and call it day. That didnt stop me from banging out the initial beat and "creating the sound" tho...

Last edited:
Why label anything then? I consider myself a producer because I make beats, record artists, mix tracks and do a half ass master of the final product. A producer could also be the guy who coordinates all of this to happen without touching any controls, but I'd rather get my hands dirty.

Why label anything then? I consider myself a producer because I make beats, record artists, mix tracks and do a half ass master of the final product. A producer could also be the guy who coordinates all of this to happen without touching any controls, but I'd rather get my hands dirty.

People are labeling the producers the people in the studio guiding the direction of the song's outcome.The beat maker is the person who actually makes the beat and supply the sound and that's what we all love to do therefore i don't see the reason beat makers get offended when people try and say "your not a producer you are a beat maker" like thats a bad thing or something.

huge difference between both yea thats obvious. For every 100 beatmaker theres maybe 10 real producers. "beatmakers" are the programmers in the studio environment. They come up with concepts, melodies, hooks, sounds ect <<< they are songwriters and they work directly with them to get records. Beatmakers hire songwriters to help them write. Producers are hired by artists, beatmakers and songwriters. To be the "producer" which you cant call yourself that, thats up to the beatmakers, writers and performing artists they are the one that hires that guy to overlook the whole project. Hes kind of like the assistant director in the studio because the director is the one with the money behind the whole project :)

If you make beats, focus on getting the best quality you can, You are a beat maker.

Production is far more involved than emulating a beat from the radio with a cracked version of Fruity Loops, recording it in your closet, and mastering it in 5 minutes.

Don't focus on being pigeon-holed. It'll only mess up your ambition, especially if you're one of the thousands who get butt-hurt easily.

Learn to gain stage. Learn when to record stereo or mono. Learn mic placement. Learn to EQ. Learn compression. Learn Reverb and Delay.

Invest in yourself. If you won't spend your own money on yourself, no one is going to find it worthwhile, either.

If you don't have an ear, move on.

If you want to Learn, then be ready to hear something you might not want to.

Learn.

Learn.

Learn.

After that, when you've done all of the above, be ready to Learn some more.

Peace.

There's definitively no such thing as a beatmaker. It's slang for producer at best, somewhere down the line people convinced themselves it's less than a producer.

If you "make a beat", you "produced it".

It's like saying "I'm a dope peddler, you're just a drug dealer". "I'm a personal assistant, you're just a secretary". "I'm a womanizer, you just play alot of girls".

beatmaking is part of the writing process not production. Writers compose it, musicians perform it, engineers record it and still none of them produced it lol the producer is the guy who says ok lets put money behind it!! But its a sensitive subject because nobody just wants to be just a beatmaker. Now that you mention it this site should be futurebeatmakers lmao <<< dont take my idea Im buying the domain hahahaha

^^^Executive producer and music producer are vastly different. Try again. Why does Max Martin "put money behind" Britney...no, he got a check from Jive in that transaction.

Last edited:
what are you sick Im talkin about beat maker and producer. Beatmakers write music just like artists do producers/executive producers just decide where to put the money. No but max martin produced THE record to push, thats his job to tell her " hey brit this is the track we're going with" because brit either hired him herself or the label did. You dont know who paid him lmao you read the contract?? beatmakers and producers are different lets not get technical here guy.

I figured out a way to rig soundcloud just like I do on my soundclick and myspace plays!! You got me!! Have your music up on more blogs you'll get there!

I would rather be a beat maker over being a producer reason is i like to construct my beats fully byself they call that a beat maker.They call producers the guys that never touched a beat that's in the studio constructing the songs.My passion is making the beats and creating the sound.

I consider myself a beatmaker but rappers call me 'producer' so I guess I'm both...

Back