Battle Rap meaning to producers

MrJames851

With the rise in popularity of spoken-word style battle rap without beats, do you look at that as the artists response to "you can sell instrumentals without artists, but no one wants to buy an a capella rap album" ?

There's still room for live sound, and producing music for shows like Total Slaughter, theme music & such, ... maybe they'll have entrance things like with wrestling

I believe if there was a rapper who's material was "valuable" then they could most definitely sell maybe even more than a rap album.

BUT.................

Only one rapper ever in history maybe would be able to do that.........and he is dead unfortunately. Maybe if he did he could've opened up that lane. But naw man....none of these rapper today are valuable enough to step up to that level.......just a bunch of normal people with "opinions". It would take a person who is not "necessarily a rapper" but does have respectable and valuable info to dish out. Maybe some intro music or something or a crowd in the background to add to the ambiance of it all.

This 2014....more people are getting hip to purchasing stuff like that.

Apple can can go diamond on a three digit product in no time...........and artist can't sell themselves enough to even go gold................not valuable enough. Talking about the same ole shit that means not a GOT DAMN thang.

If you could spit lines on how I can make money, lose weight, hack my brain, improve my life, ect.........then you could be on some apple shit. Been thinking about that while I actually listen to audiobooks....next level shit right there.

Quick money making plan also...........hell....all you got to do is sound like you know what you talking about...shit. They all saying the same got damn thang in a diffrent way. Quoting the same historic people.

Last edited:
they call them comedians: George Carlin did it already, Robin Williams did it already, Dave Chappelle did it already, Bill Cosby did it before all of them, and so it goes

Most rappers today are more pop "artists" than actual rappers, I just can't stand out when I see people arguing about how Drake is so awesome or better than Eminem, but I can't hear to one of his songs without thinking "damn, a potato is more transcendental than the shit this guy is saying".

I think I will just stay with the underground stuff.

I think the voice and the beat are tied together when sending a message, I wouldn't pay for a concert of someone playing his/her beats or just rapping accappella.

Battle rap is nothing more than hypermasculinity and misguided energy that could best be used to focus on full songs, which depends as that requires one to think which is no longer a desirable attribute if one wants to be good at something.

Battle rap is nothing more than hypermasculinity and misguided energy that could best be used to focus on full songs, which depends as that requires one to think which is no longer a desirable attribute if one wants to be good at something.

Battle raps get old after a few minutes. Dudes be spitting a 100 bars but can't make a song for shit.

I appreciate battle rap for the comedy and punch line factor but when it comes to songs I prefer the art of storytelling....

Back