Bangladesh Doesn't Think Swizz Beatz Is "Relevant"...Opinions?

FeloneusSupremeProd

FP Official Threadkiller
Any thoughts on this? Is he right?

Bangladesh Doesn't Think Swizz Beatz Is "Relevant" | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Producer Bangladesh recently knocked Swizz Beatz by saying he is not relevant and went on to say that "relevance is in being youthful."

Recently, producer Bangladesh discussed the issue of remaining "relevant" in Hip Hop. In doing so, he explained that he does not feel Swizz Beatz is relevant. He also shared that Swizz gets relevance due to his marriage to Alicia Keys, "a lady that's poppin'." Bangladesh also went on to discuss age in Hip Hop, saying "relevance is in being youthful."
“I don’t think Swizz is relevant,” Bangladesh shared with XXL. “I’m keeping it 100.”

While he noted that Beatz is relevant to some degree, Bangladesh explained further.

"I think there’s a difference between relevance and musical relevance,” he noted. “You married a lady that’s poppin’ [Alicia Keys], you know it’ll give you a lot of relevance, but you gotta make hits. Ain’t no hits. Are you relevant for the craft you’re doing or the life you live as far as the decisions you make?"

He continued by explaining that he feels "relevance is in being youthful" and that he has it because he looks young.
“The relevance is in being youthful,” he said. “Still being in-the-know. I have a 15 year old son so they think we’re brothers and I put him on to stuff. You know, I’m 34 but people tell me I look 23. He still look to me for information. Usually it’s the opposite; usually the parents are lame or too old to understand or whatever. Just the way I feel, I got so much more time.”

Say no to drugs. As much as I don't like Swizz's music.....he is more relevent than that dude. Sounds like some hate shit.

lol.......nerve of this dude. What does he have right now that is buzzin? NOTHING!!!!!! Nigga was riding Beyonce and using her to say he is great when he wasn't shit really...THIS WAS BEYONCE..........but Swizz making sweet love to Alicia and still making hits. Since he ain't riding Beyonce......HE AIN'T SHIT. lmao.....bwahahahahahahahaha!

Ayo Bangladesh.........stop hating and go

Last edited:
Says the dude who's gotten paid off of 10 different variations of the same beat (that he didn't even make), for the past few years...

Superproducer> average producer. Swizz # of hits > Bangladesh #hits. He needs to lay off whatever he's taking.

Bangladesh said what? it irks me when mediocre AT BEST artists/Producers throw salt on other cats. i feel like this honestly. When white people know who you are. you did alright in this game. not tryna be racist, but when white people start loving you. you don't have a thing to worry about. but thats when homies start hating on ya.

Jay Z, Rozay, Kanye, Diddy,Wiz,Drake, even JUICY J... those dudes have pull in today's world just off who will show them love now..

when cats like ASAP Rocky, Bangladesh, and other cocky cats that haven't done shit in this game realize that. they will shut up and make music. because they still have a little work to do.

i was at school last week and i asked one of my white homeboys i graduated high school with, did he know who 2 chainz was, and he said no but it sounded like a japanese restaurant lol. i was only asking him this because in my community 2 chainz is the hottest thing smoking. but in reality. he isn't

I kinda like the beat now. lol!

Looking at the tracklist for the game........Lex Luger.....HAM Instrumental..........you go boy!

Last edited:
Swizz Beatz was on Jay's last album (Watch the Throne) & Nas' last album

Bangladesh was on Rihanna's last album & Wayne's last album

Swizz will still get that Jay placement regardless of how long ago a hit was, maybe not as much with Nas, but def Jay
Bangladesh got beat out by Da Internz for the Rihanna single & they used his own sound
a lot of people would say Bangladesh isn't relevant right now

and it has NOTHING to do with age or a youthful look lol, that's just silly
he's relevant because he supposedly looks younger than Swizz Beatz?
but what hit has he had since 6'7?

Jay-Z & Nas are closer to 50 than any other artist ... is Rihanna or Wayne gonna still be making music at that point? and are they gonna be going to Bangladesh or the next kid with the current sound to keep their career moving?

Most ppl don't know that Bangladesh raps...let alone who he is period.

Relevant? Swizz running laps on him. He needs to catch up to talk about being relevent...

I dont even like a majority of Swizz like that I'm just like Rice...same bell/tambourine...lunch table drums...but he does have unforgettable classics and some songs I do like.

Bangladesh production discography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Swizz Beatz production discography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

when ppl say Bangladesh you think...Amillie, 6 Ft 7 Ft...when you think of Swizz you think of...ehh to much to think of.

They don't even have all of his stuff this yr, but has bang even done a whole album of his production? Bang got some shit too I don't think hes a wack producer but that coming from him?

Last edited:
bangladesh just wants some attention

publicity stunt

about 2 weeks ago he tried to take shots at da internz(they prod. dance a$$)..........he said they were stealing his style

Whats with this generation of homos always talking about the way people look and being young vs. old. The **ck does that have to do with the music? A producer could be 80 years old. It's about the music.

Last edited:
bangladesh just wants some attention

publicity stunt

about 2 weeks ago he tried to take shots at da internz(they prod. dance a$$)..........he said they were stealing his style

Yeah possibly.

I wanna know how the full interview went...I know he didn't just walk in the room like yo swizz beats is irreverent...marrying Alicia keys ass dude. How did they get on that subject? Bits they leave out.

Last edited:
Yeah possibly.

I wanna know how the full interview went...I know he didn't just walk in the room like yo swizz beats is irreverent...marrying Alicia keys ass dude. How did they get on that subject? Bits they leave out.

ha you made it seem like the homie interview may have sparked it up lol...

Lol yea look how the interview is tho...It looks like bang just attacked him for no reason...why was his relevence brought up...there's other names he might as well had mentioned instead of just saying Swizz. Im so used to seeing how the media makes a bad image for ppl to start controversy.

He has attacked Swizz and a lot of producers before also when he was "in his world of being on top". I liked Bangladesh back in the days. I used to hear that tag a lot....and liked what music came after that tag. But Beyonce blew his head up. People say Lil Wayne......no....that was the ignition...the Beyonce singles messed his head up. He thinks he is the Quincy Jones of beats of some shit now. Hell wrong with this dude.

That's the Bang I liked!

LOL I said the same thing a few months ago. I agree. Getting work and being relevant aren't the same thing.

Back