Audio routing question...

expljoesion

Reason 5 / Sonar 8 PE
I'm having trouble routing audio through my Behringer XENYEX802. My sound card is an Audiophile 2496 that I currently have running through the TAPE IN/OUT via RCA. My problem is, I can't get the mic to pick up in the headphones without the beat being recorded as well. This is obviously not what I"m going for. Is there a way I can run both the mic and the output of my sound card through two different channels on the mixer? I currently run the mic through channel one, so would I be able to run the output to, say, the 4/5 stereo channel and be able to get the mic and music to pick up in the headphones while only recording the mic? I have a stereo aux return as well, but I'm not sure if that could help any. Any suggestions? I'm willing to buy any and all adapters and cables I might need. Please help!

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Also, the audiophile card has spdif in and out. Not sure if that helps any.

I'm having trouble routing audio through my Behringer XENYEX802. My sound card is an Audiophile 2496 that I currently have running through the TAPE IN/OUT via RCA. My problem is, I can't get the mic to pick up in the headphones without the beat being recorded as well. This is obviously not what I"m going for. Is there a way I can run both the mic and the output of my sound card through two different channels on the mixer? I currently run the mic through channel one, so would I be able to run the output to, say, the 4/5 stereo channel and be able to get the mic and music to pick up in the headphones while only recording the mic? I have a stereo aux return as well, but I'm not sure if that could help any. Any suggestions? I'm willing to buy any and all adapters and cables I might need. Please help!

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Also, the audiophile card has spdif in and out. Not sure if that helps any.

Ok.

No cables needed. Connect your headphones to headphone socket on the Xenyx

Use the button CD/Tape to CTRL.

This should route the tape input to the Control Room outputs which should also be heard in the headphones. It should not end up in the mix unless you also push the CD/Tape to Mix button in.

Ask more if the above does not fix the situation.

Last edited:
Back