Audio interface for recording 6 tracks.

jerzygm

Hi guys

Im about to buy an audio interface which will be able to record 6 or 8 tracks simultaneously. And can anyone tell me if the inputs that are given are mono or stereo?

depends entirely on the interface - without knowing what it is I couldn't tell you.

Fair bet that each input will be mono, but more information first please

Pros and cons
  • Presonus
    • Pros
      • Firewire
      • 8 Genuine Instrument inputs
      • Control Room Outs
    • Cons
      • No MIDI ports on the box
      • No S/PDIF ports on the box
      • Only 2 Microphone Inputs
  • Tascam US800
    • Pros
      • 6 Microphone/instrument inputs
      • MIDI In and Out
      • S/PDIF In and Out
      • Individual control of each input level
      • Headphone sockets for 6.5mm and 3.5mm
    • Cons
      • USB
      • No Control room outs
      • 2 inputs are L/R RCA i.e. it is really only a 7 channel interface with channel 7 as a stereo interface giving you 8 Channels

Personally, if I had the budget, I would be getting the

Product: US-2000 | TASCAM

or

Product: US-1800 | TASCAM

or maybe the DM3200 which would appear to be the replacement for my own Tascam FW1884

Before you can record external audio sources all the following conditions must be met:
You must be using at least FL Studio Producer Edition.
An ASIO soundcard driver is selected for your soundcard (press F10 to open the options settings, select Audio and select an ASIO driver).
The recording filter is set to record audio (Right-click the Transport Panel record button), if you are recording to disk (Playlist recording).
A sound source is connected to the soundcard/interface audio input/s (DOH!).
The active soundcard input/s (from 4. above) must be selected on the Mixer track 'IN' menu.
Edison must be set to record audio on the input Mixer track (Edison recording) OR the Mixer track must be armed to record audio to disk (Playlist recording

chill guys, i've been working on ableton for 2 years now, and i have mac book pro, so im into these things
I gues, im choosing presonus, as there is a 30% off for it in one shop...

so thanks everyone for helping me to choose :)

Back