Asr-10 Vs Mpc

ASR or MPC?

• Total voters
Well ASR-10 was always lauded for the fact that you could sample across all the keys without wasting memory

MPC has been an industry standard. It allowed for much more sampling time than the SP-1200.

As far as the actual sampling time the MPC is superior. However many producers such as Kanye West will use both simulataneously.

SPENAX said:
Well ASR-10 was always lauded for the fact that you could sample across all the keys without wasting memory

MPC has been an industry standard. It allowed for much more sampling time than the SP-1200.

As far as the actual sampling time the MPC is superior. However many producers such as Kanye West will use both simulataneously.
Yeah, i think the ASR has alot more going for it sonically, from it's own sound unmanipulated to all it's effects. On top of that, it can actually be used as a keyboard and can actually sound pretty damn good.

However, when you go into ease of use, flexibility, workflow, etc, the mpc is defineatly where it's at. I'm trying to use my asr standalone right now. I know an mpc is a far better fit for me. I'm just waiting until this summer when i can afford both, i think that's when i'll really apprciate the asr.

Asr-X Pro, for me.

I prefer the way the pads are laid out, its like a tympanic keyboard, genius really, because it lets you play successive notes in a drum-like manner and also have the benefit of a real looking octave.

That's just one small thing.

ony used a mpc, but the asr looks real fun to work with.. would love to try one once.. sp1200 as well..

had an asr-10. hated it. technology has grown so much that thing is like using a bow n arrow in a gun fight.. had an mpc. loved that thing to death. but sold it to get a maschine which shyts on both of them.. vintage gear is cool i guess. for the sound. but its not worth all the hassle.. you can make good beats with anything. pharrell and dj khalil (both former hardcore asr users) both switched to logic and reason. they say its better for music. so its whatever you like.

I dont understand how one could compare an asr10 and a mpc they are more different than the same but an asr10 mpc combo would compliment each other very well. If I had to pick between my EPS and my MPC I think I would take my Mpc only because its easier to change individual sounds with

vintage gear is cool i guess. for the sound. but its not worth all the hassle..

Not everybody agrees but I do. I had an ASR-10 for a while and loved the sound but I couldn't get everything I wanted with the limitations and it was just more hassle than it was worth.

Not everybody agrees but I do. I had an ASR-10 for a while and loved the sound but I couldn't get everything I wanted with the limitations and it was just more hassle than it was worth.
agreed. i think anyone using an asr should probably use a mpc with it. The ASR is really dope for chopping up loops and it sounds great on drums but its limitations for what u can do with drums really sucks imo compared to an mpc.

I dont think its obvious at all. Between the two I would take an ASR because imo its a better workstation and just lacks in sequencing and midi control vs the mpc which mainly lacks in sound editing compared to the ASR

I dont think its obvious at all. Between the two I would take an ASR because imo its a better workstation and just lacks in sequencing and midi control vs the mpc which mainly lacks in sound editing compared to the ASR

which is why you sequence from the mp. There is a reason that the two together is a classic rig.

I know its a classic rig I own an eps/mpc 2k but its still not obvious and since this is a vs thread I'm just saying between the two I'm more likely to take an asr most likely

I own both and if I could only have one I'd take the Asr. It's much more suited to the type of beats I make as opposed to the MPC which I think is great for chopping up samples.

Well let's see

Mpc has 4 banks of 16 sounds
Asr has 8 banks of 61 sounds

The mpc has undo button
The asr ask if you wanna keep the original or new while recording

Mpc can quantize while recording
The asr can only quantize after you record

Mpc has song mode with option of how many times u wanna pattern to loop
The asr don't work the same must be song edit with time signature

Mpc has a mixer to pan and mix tracks
Asr needs to press edit then key then amp then scroll to volume but can't see
Levels unless same step is done for other keys