Asr-10 Vs Mpc

ASR or MPC?

• Total voters
M

mortan

So, I've been peeping at the ASR-10 since I only use MIDI-keys and Reason ( Eventhough I have a MPC 500 ). I think the keys are much better than pads. So, what do u have to say about the ASR? Any good? Big difference between pads and keys? SPit!!

- mortAn - aka Niclz

asr10.jpg
mpc2kxl_mcd.jpg

i have never used either so i would like to know this.

i am thinking of buying a MPC as i prefer the way u can do samples like on a pad as to a keyboard.

People who haven't used both shouldn't be voting. Then it just becomes a popularity contest.

its better if you have both, but if I had to choose 1 I would prob go with the ASR due to the fact of the avail bass patches and way the sampler works. I don't like the workflow of the sequencer, but I always make it work.

Id rather go with the asr 10 simply because I m used to it and you can do a hell of alot more with it sample wise in contrast to the MPC....Peace

Last edited:
I have an MPC 2000XL MCD, But in addition to that my boy ILLMIND was telling my boys about his ASR 10 and they told me how dope it was, now I want one bad.
Peace
S II

BlackImpact said:
I have an MPC 2000XL MCD, But in addition to that my boy ILLMIND was telling my boys about his ASR 10 and they told me how dope it was, now I want one bad.
Peace
S II

You want one bad bcuz your boy told you it was dope. Fam you gotta test drive it first. You got the best right now.
Peace

InfamousGhostKAent said:
why would you compare a keyboard that has lots of sounds in it with a mpc that has drums....

???

That makes no sense

Id go with the MP, I have an ASR and it is a pain in the ass but im not quitting on it!:monkey:

This has got to be the stupidist thread ever, and has some of the dumbest comments also. Some of the posters of this thread are obviously NOT familiar with MPC's!

Yo Infamous neither come with sounds..I own both and both have very different workflows..I love the MPC for its sequencing and ease of use, but the ASR got the Ill effects, Filtering, and some other nice sampling capabilities that the the MPC can't compare to outta box. Bhunt rights sequencing on the ASR versus MPC sucks, but I also can build a complete beat off of the ASR and get the job done nicely. But together they make an ill combo...

I use a MPC 2500, and have had the 2000 and 2000 XL so I know the MPC line. I was brought up using the ASR 10. I still think the ASR 10 is crazy and it was way ahead of it's time, I learned all of my basics on the ASR. The filtering and other features still are better than some of the features of the top MPC, although I love my MPC and it is my instrument of choice i still say the ASR is a better machine.
Just keep in mind "It's not the machine it's the person rockin it"

The Invisible Men said:
I use a MPC 2500, and have had the 2000 and 2000 XL so I know the MPC line. I was brought up using the ASR 10. I still think the ASR 10 is crazy and it was way ahead of it's time, I learned all of my basics on the ASR. The filtering and other features still are better than some of the features of the top MPC, although I love my MPC and it is my instrument of choice i still say the ASR is a better machine.
Just keep in mind "It's not the machine it's the person rockin it"

Wise words. I just wanted to hear what its like to do sampling with hardware-keys, like reasons rex or nnxt. It looks very dope!

I've owned both the MPC 2000xl and own the ASR-10. I would go with the ASR-10 because of the features is offers right off the bat. The ASR-10 sequencing is bearable, (not as easy/intuitive as the MPC), and it comes with effects and keys, verses 16 pads. Nice to bang out a beat on pads, however, I rather have the keys incase I can stretch a sample out to an octave or two and play a melody/bass line.

Woulda

I woulda bought an asr 10 they just don't make em ne more and i don't trust ebay sellers b/c its such a good machine idk why youd sell it.

InfamousGhostKAent said:
why would you compare a keyboard that has lots of sounds in it with a mpc that has drums....
u appearently kno nothing about classic hip hop production beast

Back