Are the Beats Pro by Dre headphones as good as they claim to be???

I wouldn't use them for mixing - they're not particularly accurate, but for listening pleasure they're dope..

I got the solo's as a present they are pretty good for listening but mixing... I mean I tried one time and listened back on monitors and it was like. "where did my bass go?". And also after like a hour or so of listening your ears just feel raped sometimes from the bass onslaught.
But seriously I would hold your money. For the price you'd get one Yamaha HS80M or 2 Yamaha HS50M's. Which aren't bad, apparently.

Last edited:
Well I've tried them numerous times and I love them.. but they're just commercial marketing material. There are plenty of other companies that make better quality headphones for the same price. Personally, I use the Bose®MIE2i mobile headset and they're UNBELIEVABLE for their price, versatility and sound quality. They don't have the bass that the Dre ones have, but they are clear as anything you'd hear out of the Dre phones. I recommend the Bose®MIE2i mobile headset for sure.

I haven't used the dre headphone but I have heard many times that they aren't good for mixing. The eq is over exaggerated. And don't listen to anyone saying you shouldn't mix in headphones. I think you should go back and fourth between headphones and monitors during the mixing process, ESPECIALLY if your room is not acoustically treated. I just bought a pair of byerdynamic DT770's and they've done wonders for my mixing.

Check out my beats:
TheTrakAddicts.com

Last edited:
Mixing on headphones isn't bad...If you have a decent pair of headphones, with good pick up, and flat response....whats wrong with mixing on them? Anyway.........Search google and Youtube for the BOOTLEG BEATS BY DRE!! They're damn near identical and cost A LOT less lol

You can mix on anything if your used to the frequency and can correct for references through other sources. It just over-complicates things. For the price of The Beats you can get tried and true studio cans like Audio Technica ATH-M5o or Beyerdynamic DT770.

Also, the quality of the Beats are awful for the record. My cousin has gone through two pair of the cans and two or three of the in ear lol. And the boosted bass sucks unless you only listen to hip hop. It's not tight enough or bright enough for some fast metal.

Last edited:
I hear the sound quality is amazing, but for mixing, I don't think they are. Try looking into Audio Technica ath-m50's

I noticed lots of people think that because it is their first time listening to a pair of premium headphones. Most buyers are coming from the stock iPod headphones, so a full size can like the Beats sound "amazing"

They are good headphones, but not $300 good. They should be $99

Although Sennheiser is the cheaper alternative. I have worked with the Dr. Dre Studio HD. Headphones, and all I can say. Once you had that, you don't want anything else lol. I never tried the Beats Pro. My advice: Don't buy them but buy other headphones instead. Because we all know, Dre headphones are expensive because of the design and the name on it.

Although Sennheiser is the cheaper alternative. I have worked with the Dr. Dre Studio HD. Headphones, and all I can say. Once you had that, you don't want anything else lol. I never tried the Beats Pro. My advice: Don't buy them but buy other headphones instead. Because we all know, Dre headphones are expensive because of the design and the name on it.

They're expensive because everything made by Monster is.

There's a reason you see AKG, Beyerdynamic, and Audiotechnica in professional studios and not Monster Beats.

Last edited:
Any recomendations for some headphones w/ bass?i read up on the sennheiser and read that the bass is weak. Now is this common for most headphones? Just curious because i am bass/kick heavy in my beats and do like to make my beats using my KRK rockit 6's but there are times where headphones are just needed in my apartment lol.

Any recomendations for some headphones w/ bass?i read up on the sennheiser and read that the bass is weak. Now is this common for most headphones? Just curious because i am bass/kick heavy in my beats and do like to make my beats using my KRK rockit 6's but there are times where headphones are just needed in my apartment lol.

If you want bass heavy headphones that's how the Dre's are but the extra bass isn't a flat EQ and will make your beats have LESS bass unless compensated for.

If you want bass heavy headphones that's how the Dre's are but the extra bass isn't a flat EQ and will make your beats have LESS bass unless compensated for.

Ok so its either be no bass or be bass heavy but be distorded. I'll have just do more research or just try to listen to ish at bestbuy/fries/guitar center/sam ash etc...I do like the way beats by dre sound but i know im just getting steriod bass and paying for the name.

Back