Anyone else sick of Lord Jamar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of you are confusing Racism with Prejudice - you can be Prejudice, but you CAN NOT be Racist without Power (think Elitist).

false. power is not needed for racism. Power is needed for racist beliefs to be put into legalized regulated practices

If I judge you (or anyone) based solely on their race (silly term as human is a race not a color or nationality) then it is racism whether I have power or not. The act itself has power as long as you or anyone allows those words and expressions to have power.

Prejudice is something we all do daily regardless of color, culture or religion. We judge situations and people constantly based on other situations we have experience that are similar.

Anyone of any background can be racist, prejudice or both no matter what lies you want to tell yourself to make yourself feel better about it.

If I judge you (or anyone) based solely on their race (silly term as human is a race not a color or nationality) then it is racism whether I have power or not. The act itself has power as long as you or anyone allows those words and expressions to have power.

Prejudice is something we all do daily regardless of color, culture or religion. We judge situations and people constantly based on other situations we have experience that are similar.

Anyone of any background can be racist, prejudice or both no matter what lies you want to tell yourself to make yourself feel better about it.

b-b-but my racism is not as bad as white people's racism!! :4theloveofgod:

I ran across this today. Now i agree with Lord Jamar, lol.

He erased everything Serch, Em, Everlast, Beastie Boys, MGK, Milkbone, Eternia, 50% of Drake, DZK, Remedy, Bubba Sparxxx, Lee Harvey, Action Bronson, and Rick Rubin have ever done to prove white people do belong in hip hop!

It only took him 16 bars. Lol.

Last edited:

He erased everything Serch, Em, Everlast, Beastie Boys, MGK, Milkbone, Eternia, 50% of Drake, DZK, Remedy, Bubba Sparxxx, Lee Harvey, Action Bronson, and Rick Rubin have ever done to prove white people do belong in hip hop!

hahahahah...50% of Drake, LOL
But I fucc with Riff, even though he stole 50% of his swag from Lil B, but he still my nigga, tho.
Shit, I come home and catch Riff in bed with my girl, I'd be like, "my nigga! Y'all keep it down in here, a nigga tryna play some Battlefield 4 deathmatch, ya dig?"

What's up with that cadence so many of today's rappers are using? Waka spits the same way. Is it just a coincedence that Keef and Waka are bordeline illiterate. The flow is so elementary and basic it makes the old school rappers from the 70's and 80's seem complex.

Last edited:
Ok hold up a second.....does Riff Raff really have a bunch of corporate logos tattoo'd all over his body? I saw Mtv and BET both inked on him...WTF??

The Media................you will always need them.........and the person who is greedy for the potential wealth the media can bring.

The end.

The Media................you will always need them.........and the person who is greedy for the potential wealth the media can bring.

The end.

:4theloveofgod:
What a sad existence that must be.

When I first saw someone post about him I though James Franco had taken his Springbreakers role just a bit too seriously.

50% of Drake is not white lol he's half black / half Israeli Jew which is technically in the middle-east which white people refer to as SAND Ni@@ers. I'm actually half black / half white (Caucasian white lol ) and one thing I was always told is I'm still a ni@@er at the end of the day.

Another way I determine what is "white" is by asking the question...would the KKK hate/hang them...lol...if the answer is YES...that means you are in no way WHITE lol they would hang everyone of Drakes "white" jewish family members. Therefor he's not white at all. I'm more white then drake and I'm actually a shade darker. lol

But yo white people are all over hip hop, it's crazy to say but my 3 favorite producers right now are all white lol
Alchemist, Harry Fraud, Statik Selektah, and Rick Rubin (legendary)

white people are all up in hip hop, give credit where it's due.

Also we could argue also that the best lyricist of all time is white, Eminem.

but some artists though like MGK...mehhhhh I wouldn't consider him hip hop, he seems confused. But Mac Miller is tight though, Nick Caution from ProEra is nasty too

Also we could argue also that the best lyricist of all time is white, Eminem.

But what is a lyricist?

Why do we base things on what the media wants us to? Somebody is not being a comedian or telling fart jokes just to get recognized for their greatness.

So in other words it takes plenty of mainstream appeal just to get attention in the field of lyricist and that determines who is great or not? Or also the sales amount?

It's stuff like "Eminem is the greatest........Elvis is the greatest.........Justin Timberlake is greatest...........stuff like that my friend.....that make people feel how they feel as far as white people being "guest". Because they are products of the media. So we see these guest being considered by the masses as "BIGGER THAN LIFE"....as we never thought about things in this way in our own thoughts of what we are used to. So YEAH......money and power gets you the right to be called "greatest".....and to be the greatest you need the media.......so you can get to the "WHITE FOLKS"........who will added up in the votes as "guest".

There is nothing worse than being in a competition.....where the winner is determined by popular vote. Which means "DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET VOTES" instead of "the best man shall win". Shit like that gives every kind of contest the "SAME CATEGORY"....it's not a lyricist contest no more...it's just a popularity contest....(for example).

It's hard but it's fair, though......unfortunately. See it's not about white and black in hip hop.....it's about getting the "guest" to spend money. White people...........Asian.........ect. See a white dude iwho is all about the roots has a love for hip hop. You can't separate him from hip hop because he is hip hop from the clothes he wear to how he talk to his frame of mind. He obviously is not a guest. But should he "CATER" to guest so he can be considered the greatest?

In otherwords......being the greatest don't mean shit or hold any kind of true weight...........when guest are invited. You don't let a valley girl decide what's the better tools to work with......when all it would take to get that vote is to add a more femine design to one.....which tool do you think she will choice as the better one? Same shit right?

Last edited:
The dude does have a big mouth. I mean he has tons of opinions but I see very little public action. All races need to focus more on the youth in today's society just staying alive period. The use of the 'N' word and all other racial issues are not over and done with but they have taken the back burner to violence in terms of importance to me.

The violence of today with the youth is amazingly low compared to the 80's and early 90's.

People have no idea of how violent those years really were.

Wow, that doesn't make him look any better.

He says it isn't racist but yet he says that white people specifically are guests in the house of hip hop. He needs to just shut his mouth and let this shit blow over.

I was born in 85' so I do have an idea... and you have a valid point. Still we have bigger guns and less education in today's society. The kids in our society are not being educated lately. This leads to an even worst type of violence than we experienced in the 80's and 90's.

No you were 5 when the 80's ended and 10 by 95 as the violence was coming to an end. You weren't hanging in the streets with your homies when the daily drive-bys were going on or when a gang war was in full swing. More likely you were being protected by your parent(s) to shield you from it as much as possible (thats what parents try to do).

The same guns that plagued the street then are the same guns that are on the street today, there have not been many break throughs in weapons technology that have seen their way to the streets...an AK is still the same AK we had access to and still shoots a 7.62x39 round, an Uzi is still an Uzi, a 9mm is still a 9mm, a .45acp is still the same and so on.

I don't mean this as a put down so don't take it that way, things are nearly night and day different than they were in terms of violence. What has changed is that we now have 24hr news stations, the internet and social media to put all the bad things that happen in your face all day every day.

A lyricist is someone with good lyrics, word play, metaphors, analogies, and then throw in the flows on top of that.

And I didn't say he is the best necessarily but he's definitely amongst the best, ever wonder why no ones really tried to get at EM in the rap game...cause he could rap circles around most.

You've lost me a bit on the whole "guest" thingy, think you typed it one too many times.
But I don't think what people buy and what the media says is what determines who's best, at least to me, I don't even really watch tv, I base it on my opinion.

My favorite lyricists are Jay-Z, Eminem, Nas and Big Pun. In terms of word play and creativity.

If we where talking message and content I'd say probably 2Pac

But the GREATEST is Jay-z, and that sh1t holds weight. Seen him Monday night again for the 5th time cheezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But yo done the talk about race, Lord Jamar is a loser...he's a crappy rapper, don't care what anyone says, don't think he was ever really good or relevant so not sure why all of a sudden he thinks his opinion matters, especially to us the newer generation.

I think everyone should stop mentioning his name otherwise we're letting his plan play out.
He just wants some kind of attention now and he's found that by saying certain things attention will come.

No you were 5 when the 80's ended and 10 by 95 as the violence was coming to an end. You weren't hanging in the streets with your homies when the daily drive-bys were going on or when a gang war was in full swing. More likely you were being protected by your parent(s) to shield you from it as much as possible (thats what parents try to do).

The same guns that plagued the street then are the same guns that are on the street today, there have not been many break throughs in weapons technology that have seen their way to the streets...an AK is still the same AK we had access to and still shoots a 7.62x39 round, an Uzi is still an Uzi, a 9mm is still a 9mm, a .45acp is still the same and so on.

I don't mean this as a put down so don't take it that way, things are nearly night and day different than they were in terms of violence. What has changed is that we now have 24hr news stations, the internet and social media to put all the bad things that happen in your face all day every day.

I'm born in 85 too homie, don't tell me bout gun violence cause when I was 14 years old and 50 cent and D-block and DIP Set and the whole cocaine city dvd and gangster murder rap started coming about, shit was wild. Those where the wildest times dog, even my older bro would say you're generation is a bunch of savages, the teens and early 20 year olds where the ones doing the damage, not the older men born in the 70's.

I grew up on Mobb Deep, 50 Cent, Cormega, killarmy, Wu-tang all that. If you where born before the 80's you'd be listening to KRS One and those guys and in the early 90s you would have already been in your late 20's where you should be smart enough to know better.
The way music influenced my generation was negative, everyone wanted guns like in the 50cent dvd with bullet proof vests and all the street beef.

The most intense beefs where things could have really gotten heated where during those times. Not before KRS and MC Sham was nice but that was baby food.

lol even my bro says back in the day young nigg@z would respect the older man dem and look up to them, when I was a teen the young nigg@z would eat the older mans foods, no respect. The young nigg@z during those time where wild, its getting better again though in a certain way. Hardcore gangster rap like 50 is not in anymore and the whether we like to admit or not, music and pop culture plays a huge roll in influencing the youth. I know it did for me, wow I can't tell you how the streets was hot when G-unit blew up.

Sporadic and localized at best, not a nationwide trend.

Read
http://www.urban.org/uploadedPDF/410437.pdf

edit to add overall chart

794px-Violent_crime_rates_by_gender_1973-2003.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back