Any Questions for Andrew Lloyd can get answered RIGHT HERE

cause making beats all day gets boring, i still make beats though, im just not pressed on it like that, and truthfully i never really have been

like i said, when fyre signed me, he was looking for a Keyboard player, not a producer, i just happened to be nice, and he liked my beats that i made. I like making beats for fun when i want to, making beats all day is kinda annoying

now i make beats that i want, when i want and i work on projects only when money is calling.

I feel you fam, at times It can kinda get a bit boring making beats all day.

but the thing that makes me want to be a producer vs other music careers, other than my love for music, Is I get to be my own boss

I feel you fam, at times It can kinda get a bit boring making beats all day.

but the thing that makes me want to be a producer vs other music careers, other than my love for music, Is I get to be my own boss

think about it though.

if youre not putting out your own artist, on your own label, with your own distribution. youre always going to be working for somebody

whether its another producer, or for a label. Or even if you just free-lance. Youre still gonna be working for a client. Youre always gonna have to answer to somebody. Even if you do everything on your own youre still gonna be answering to somebody at some point.

even when you selling beats. You gotta make what the market dictates.

Plus i like having my hands involved in everything, finding artists, making beats for artists, booking the artists for shows.. and getting a lil piece of bread alllll along the way. I just cant rock with being a full time manager, cause i got commitment issues.

think about it though.

if youre not putting out your own artist, on your own label, with your own distribution. youre always going to be working for somebody

whether its another producer, or for a label. Or even if you just free-lance. Youre still gonna be working for a client. Youre always gonna have to answer to somebody. Even if you do everything on your own youre still gonna be answering to somebody at some point.

even when you selling beats. You gotta make what the market dictates.

Plus i like having my hands involved in everything, finding artists, making beats for artists, booking the artists for shows.. and getting a lil piece of bread alllll along the way. I just cant rock with being a full time manager, cause i got commitment issues.

never really thought about it like that, but I feel you

never really thought about it like that, but I feel you
I think what you've said James, shows that you have a really poor mind set... If I don't want to work on making beats, I don't... I get hit up sometimes from people asking for beats, if it's custom work, I don't rush it, I make the beats when I want to, how I want to...

I never find making beats boring, it's not a hobby, I have too much other stuff, musically, that I read up on, and work on... Etc. I don't like when producers say 'I make so many beats a day'... Quality over quantity, and I consider my working conditions a major factor in the quality.

Which actually leads to a question... Which someone may have asked... But how many beats were you making a day when you first started out, before you got placements? Were you pushing to make so many a day, or was it 'I'll just make them when I feel it, I'll read up on mixing in the mean time', like I do?

i was making 2-3 beats a day on average before i got placements, now i make about a beat a week, depends. I think making a beat a day should be the goal. Some days you have it, some days you dont. But that should be the goal. That way you can have about 30 beats a month. If you have 30 beats, you can always have something in the stash.

60 beats in 2 months, 90 in 3.. so on and so on

i was making 2-3 beats a day on average before i got placements, now i make about a beat a week, depends. I think making a beat a day should be the goal. Some days you have it, some days you dont. But that should be the goal. That way you can have about 30 beats a month. If you have 30 beats, you can always have something in the stash.

60 beats in 2 months, 90 in 3.. so on and so on

Yeah, I see what you're saying... I make 8 beat somedays, when I'm really feeling it, but I usually make 1 or 2 beats a day, somedays I don't, but it does balance out to around 25-30 a month

i miss the days of being able to pump out 1 beat a day lol

i personally get hot n cold patches where i can shit out 7 beats a week then go a week with nothing, harder being mainly sample based too cos good samples that aint been used already are hard to come by now (unless u got tons of record stores n shit around u)

^ That James, if you're in it for freedom rather than the love of music, I see it as a bad start. Maybe I misunderstood?

^ That James, if you're in it for freedom rather than the love of music, I see it as a bad start. Maybe I misunderstood?

you misunderstood fam.

I asked drew why did he want to become a a&r and he said because making beats all day gets boring

and I said making beats can get a bit boring sometimes If your making beats all day

then I said the reason I want to become a producer vs other music careers, other than my love for music is I get to be my own boss

I love music, Its the only thing i can really see myself doing. even at a young age I knew my career was going to be involved with music I just didn't know what. I get mad when cats come into music for the wrong reasons

I was rapping before this but I wasn't too good. lol. But I still had this love for music so I said let me try my hand at producing. I stuck with it ever since then

Last edited:
cause making beats all day gets boring, i still make beats though, im just not pressed on it like that, and truthfully i never really have been

like i said, when fyre signed me, he was looking for a Keyboard player, not a producer, i just happened to be nice, and he liked my beats that i made. I like making beats for fun when i want to, making beats all day is kinda annoying

now i make beats that i want, when i want and i work on projects only when money is calling.

Wait I'm not the only one that feels this??

I was so tired of feelin like everyone is just in love with makin beats and I'm just not gonna make it because when my dude says he needs 5 beats to send in by next week I don't get all that excited.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

yea, and im in the studio now, so i assume tonight, pretty often tho

People actually sleep in the studio? Or are you just talkin about an all nighter?

Hey Drew, are you still doing that A&R stuff and still want us to send some stuff? Cause I was looking for the thread and I can't find it.. and I wanted send some stuff.

Thank for taking out the time to post this info. I dont have any questions at the moment but iam pretty sure ill have one soon

Upcoming producer/ Album in the making

Mr. Andrew Lloyd thank you for you interest in sparing your time to socialize with new coming producers/artist. My name is Perry Bellinger Jr., but i go by the name of "Nahrsuhsist". A friend and I, are working on an album and we are doing all the work ourselves from beat making, vocals, to mixing and mastering. Right now we are in the mixing phase. I personally want the album to sound like it can compete with industry productions, but we are limited with only what fl studio 10 has to offer. From your experience would it be possible to reach such a bar that industry produce? And if not what equipment would be worth purchasing if we want to extend our quality?

Thank you for your time again and hope to meet you in the future

"Nahrsuhsist"

Back