Any MPD users in here?

TheLetterL said:
you using it as an analog controller or are you usin a DAW?

yeah sorry. im using it in fl studio. everytime i hit any pad it just changes the pitch. In reason, it does nothing.

ps. that crate diggers track is bananas!

Last edited:
TheLetterL said:
What does your blue screen say?

Let me explain it better.
At first, I was getting the blue screen when i tried to use only the usb cable. So I went and got the ac adapter and midiuno sport cable. I have the mpd16 hooked to that. It is working, I see the light on fl studio coming on so I know midi data is being sent. What occurs is that when I press the pads, the pitch shifts as opposed to triggering the sound. I hope that helps you get a better understanding of the problem. If i could just get the pads to trigger the sound instead of bending the pitch, then I'd be in business!

redherring said:
Does anyone know where I can replace the rotrary knobs? The plastic tip has come off.
Hmm, check with the Akai website. They could probably replace them for you. How did this happen by the way? Excessive beat making?:p

jjbing3 said:
Let me explain it better.
At first, I was getting the blue screen when i tried to use only the usb cable. So I went and got the ac adapter and midiuno sport cable. I have the mpd16 hooked to that. It is working, I see the light on fl studio coming on so I know midi data is being sent. What occurs is that when I press the pads, the pitch shifts as opposed to triggering the sound. I hope that helps you get a better understanding of the problem. If i could just get the pads to trigger the sound instead of bending the pitch, then I'd be in business!

You shouldn't need the midi uno sport cable if you have a usb and you are triggering sounds insode FL (you would only need it if you are trying to trigger outside sounds into FL). Then make sure that the window of your device is up on the FL screen

The funny thing is that I use an MPK49...more or less an MPD with keys...and I am still going to integrate an MPC into the mix

I use the MPD 32 & Oxygen 8V2 with reason & Pro tools for mixing and bouncing... Had it for about 2 months, I was using an MPC 1000. I really miss my 1000 it was just faster for me to fire it up and sample and chop without turning on the computer 1st. Recycle is pretty cool dont get me wrong. But Im thinking about getting a 2000XL because Im not feeling the Reason Sequencer too much. It seems as if I had more control with how my pattern was built with the MPC. I dont like the feeling of the software doing the guessing for me of what I want. So hopefully I will use Reason as a Monster sound module somehow I feel as if I waisted money on the MPD, or maybe it can get in where it fits in with the MPC.?? Now I can say I love how the Mpd 32 works with the Dr.rex loop player and that's because it reminds me of the Mpc. maybe I need to mess around a lil more, or add the Mpc back.

check out some trax I did with the MpD32 and reason
www.myspace.com/thaheatseeker

the track called Summer was done with the MPC 1K and a command station Mp7

Last edited:
MPD Battery Pro Tools Reason & Digital Performer

Just copped a MPD24 used off Craigslist for 60 bones....took me bout' an hour of research to get everything working with all my software. I use it with Reason 3 & 4 in Mac OS 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 respectively, Digital Performer 5 & 6 to sequence with (havent figured out how to use the transport controls here yet), Battery 2 & 3, and also in Pro Tools LE 6.4 in Mac 10.3.9 as a controller for software instruments...and as well as controlling Pro Tools faders and transport. If anyone is interested in knowing how to map the MPD to Pro Tools faders and transport let me know.

I never managed to get the hang of Live... I think I've been over conditioned by FL - so it's Fruity for life in my case (or until I get spare cash to buy hardware)!

I use an MPD24!

Last edited:
I use my mpd 26, it works great in making beats or just freestyling with the samples, supported by the FL, now i can't imagine how could i cope without this awesome box. However, i'm still looking forward to get mpc 2kxl or 1k

Been using the 18 for a year or so because times is hard but just recently found a deal on and subsequently upgraded to the MPD24 (for the same price I paid for the 18!) and have been making sweet love to that thing as much as possible.

It's really crazy to think how much a few knobs and sliders have opened my brains, but I'm on a roll and don't have time to think about that!

Back