American Gangster Remix Album Contest- Details inside

Sirius this is a compition. That's like goin into a 3 point shootout against Ray Allen and asking him for tips before hand. Mixmiester is common knowledge. What's better tho is that most cats have it and still don't know how to use it. I am all for helping people but I'm not going to spoonfeed these new booty niggas. I figured it out on my own u can to.

I find beat battling bogus cuz I've battled people many times when my beat easild there's. Then on the site they get all the votes cuz they either say ill vote for you and you vote for me or they know each other. But I doubt FP will be like that cuz its not really a battle site. I just don't really like how rocbattle works.

Beat battling online is bogus for the most part. Cats do buddy up but u know that goin into it.

i dont understand what is so hard about finding a bpm. listen to where the snares hit on the 2...loop it in your sequencer, adjust the bpm until it loops cleanly with the snares hitting on the 2 and 4's...

Thanks for posting this...

I have the most un-hip-hop idea for this contest....The only problem is...i already know im probably the only one that will like it...haha..oh well...

Pure Hype Production said:
Those of you that cant determine the bpm should not remix at all. You dont have a shot at winning this thing
agreed. there are too many tools out there to use for u not to be able to figure out a tempo or atleast a relatively close tempo

SirusTheVirus said:
i can find the bpm with recycle but it takes a while...and ive had mixmeister forever but its usually off ...
recycle isnt nearly as accurate as mixmiester if used properly

Pure Hype Production said:
How many of you actually were feeling dangermouses grey album? Am I the only one that thought it sucked?
It was ass. Most of his music does not appeal to me

Last edited:
I have yet to listen to the grey album...why you ask....cause I cant even find the damn thing :rolleyes:

ur not missing anything special. The best black album remixes were Pete Rocks and The Purple Album

^i liked Kev Brown's Brown Album the best. who did the purple album?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha.I started working on mine last month when I first heard about it. Can't wait for y'all to hear what I got. Just waitin on my man (no homo) to do his tracks cuz we're doin it together

I just hope that with all the remixing fervor people take the time to make sure that the song that they are remixing convey the feeling of the song. i have heard good vox misplaced over good beats. Please try to make sure just as much as your concerned with making the remix, make sure it feels right and is in context. Feel and emotion is soo important.

i mite post up my intro track... it was hot when i made it.. but now its kinda wack lol

ehh

Last edited:
Back