Adidas slave shoes

oh and Jean Luk,

another flaw in your logic,

millions of white minorities came here to america to avoid discrimination and enslavement AND THEN GOT TREATED GOOD
(not initially of course) but eventually.
we are the only ones who got treated dirty in the country you guys ran to. so don't even try it.

give us reperations LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE GOT
and then we will stop "whinning"

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

the thread and song is ALREADY posted.

lol @ the underlined bold / red text

its not a shot against you, its true. half of them don't even remember me. its like going back to your old highschool at 28. i was the man on my campus then, now the teachers aren't even the same.

oh and Jean Luk,

another flaw in your logic,

millions of white minorities came here to america to avoid discrimination and enslavement AND THEN GOT TREATED GOOD
we are the only ones who got treated dirty in the country you guys ran to. so don't even try it.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

its not a shot against you, its true. half of them don't even remember me. its like going back to your old highschool at 28. i was the man on my campus then, now the teachers aren't even the same.

so what do black people as a whole want as reperations?

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

i just feel like as black people, we are our own enemy. Maybe because we didnt come here on our own free will, because we were considered 3/5ths of a human or whatever. but for some reason, we're gonna let that strip our ability to go out and get it?

i just never hear other races or other immigrants complain about the things that african americans dont, to the point that latin americans are coming here and leapfrogging right over us. I just dont get it, somebody school me as to why.

Ppl will probably ignore how the shackles are intended to be worn and have it hanging like the AF1 high top strap lol.

to the point Africans dont even wanna be associated with African Americans, neither do black folks from the island.. call a Haitian cat or a Jamaican cat "Black" and they'll probably whoop your ass. So i just dont get what gives.

Should Adidas been a lil more aware. I dont think so, i dont think things like that cross peoples minds when making a product. Maybe they shouldve released the My Pet Monster Promo alongside it, even though i doubt it wouldve made much a different but atleast it would have immediately answered all questions. But now they know for future releases

now the battle against racially insensitive shoes is over. But see how silly that sounds? Now there wont be any more sneakers released that reference the plight of african americans. I just dont get it

acknowledging that there is a systematic inequality in a system which has greatly succeded in holding a people back isn't exactly "playing the victim" as much as it is pointing out a flaw.

And again, the ignorant suggestion that this only applies to African Americans, only in the US and only from "the white man".
Go to Africa and see what a systematic inequality really means.

No offence jonluke but it sounds like everything you know about black men you saw on an episode of the wire (you really think our only concerns are popping bottles and stomping on hoes? really bro)
you basically just called us all niggers (With the ER) and don't even realize it.

Cry me a river. The victim feels offended. Sorry man, ain't playing that "nigga vs. nigger" game here. Race cards are not accepting in here.

LOL, I know more about "black men" than you do. You probably mean the roughly 30 million of African Americans, because as far as "black men", there are many more than live in the US. So don't generalize.
I was talking about those who think Puffy and Jay Z are better role-models than Cornell West or even a Spike Lee.

How many times do you see "I ain't reading that shit, it's too long" after a long post?
Why read, right? Books are too long, Twitter messages are the truth.

First do a calculation of the ratio of "African American" vs. "Black Men" and then YOU tell me what you know about the lives of "black men".
Because sorry to tell you, the US isn't the only country "black people" live in. There's this continent they come from, you know. And other places in Southern and Middle America. And even though I know African Americans............and Africans from virtually every country in Africa, I've not met many Africans who have that American attitude. Americans are more alike than you think ;)

yes statistically speaking black women go to college at a much higher rate.
what you are conveniently leaving out is that this is because of two major factors.

factor 1 - most of those "college grads" are trade school/ certificate of completion type degrees. nothing wrong with them, but they are the type of degrees you see advertisments for at 2am to go be a medical assistant. not exactly moving and shaking the working world.

factor 2 - many african american males aren't even allowed to attend school or at least get the assistance to pay for it due to the fact that you are banned from financial aid with certain marks on your record. the system goes specifically after blacks and hispanics at a disproportional rate to whites and asians. they don't even allow you to get a degree for anything in prison anymore, a program that was proving succesful and dropped the numbers by almost 8% when it was cut (8% of an entire population is a staggering number)

If you cite statistics about "degrees in prison", than cite the real reason.
And don't turn around and come up with some grandious all-encompassing conspiracy theory, while belitteling those women, who end up getting their degrees. Women simply do less illegal shit and don't land in jail as often. Simple as that. And why would the system care about people in jail? It's a mostly private industry making money off criminals, not a "closed doors" university campus. I get your point, but DON'T LAND IN JAIL might be a better slogan than GET A DEGREE IN PRISON, no?

That the system was (and sometimes still is) against minorities is no big surprise and noone is denying that. But again, that's NOT an American invention and doesn't apply to African Americans only.

Read on the live of Kurds in Saddam Iraq. Or women and opposition in Iran post-1979 if you want to know how the system ****s people.
And the Jews aren't the only ones who suffered tremendous losses during the last 100-200 years. Ask the Armenians. Or the Polish...........or virtually half of the Earth's population, who went through that shit during the last centuries.

The thing that sets African Americans apart from other slaves throughout history is that they were brought to another continent and that the oppression happens in a country which tells others what "democracy" and "the pursuit of happiness" is all about.

many african american males aren't even allowed to attend school or at least get the assistance to pay for it due to the fact that you are banned from financial aid with certain marks on your record. the system goes specifically after blacks and hispanics at a disproportional rate to whites and asians. they don't even allow you to get a degree for anything in prison anymore, a program that was proving succesful and dropped the numbers by almost 8% when it was cut (8% of an entire population is a staggering number)

It's very simple, don't get "certain marks" on your record..

You make something that's common sense into a racial issue. Show me proof that states the system goes specifically after blacks and hispanics.

You mean just like black people now? Are you saying black people aren't treated "good"? There's even affirmative action for Christ's sake..

There were complete wars fought in the US before slavery, but "ya'll" are the only ones who were treated dirty? please

lol

You want reperations from the African slave lords that sold slaves to Europe, America and Arab countries?

Who else got their "reperations"?

Last edited:
It's very simple, don't get "certain marks" on your record..

You make something that's common sense into a racial issue. Show me proof that states the system goes specifically after blacks and hispanics.

uhhhh how bout the 100 to 1 drug laws that give you way more time for dealing crack (which was prevalent in poor neighborhoods populated by blacks and hispanics) than the much bigger problem of cocaine (used largely by whites in the 80s and considered a "rich mans high" at the time)

or the redlining of property that relegated blacks to only areas despite income and credit scores.

did it not just take almost 3 months to arrest a guy shooting an unnarmed black kid in broad daylight?

did it also not just take 3 minutes to arrest a black woman using a gun to defend herself from her abusive husband in the same state (i think she is doing 20 plus years now).

You mean just like black people now? Are you saying black people aren't treated "good"? There's even affirmative action for Christ's sake..

ummm idk if you've noticed this or not but affirmative action is a pracitce used when a system is so racially flawed that you have to put it in place to try and balance things out. but you arguing that racism never existed so why would we even have it?

There were complete wars fought in the US before slavery, but "ya'll" are the only ones who were treated dirty? please

EVERY (yes EVERY) war ever fought inside of the united states can fall under two categories.

category 1: whites killing indians for land.
category 2: whites killing other whites for land.
even the civil war had to do with slavery. what was your point again? oh yeah you didn't have one.

You want reperations from the African slave lords that sold slaves to Europe, America and Arab countries?

Who else got their "reperations"?

I don't live in Africa, Europe, or any of the Arab countries involved in the slave trades at the time my ancestors were brought here. I live in america.
America got plenty rich off my people (something you don't want to admit).

as for your other question, idk if you know this or not, but there is a little country called Israel that came to be based off of a post war treaty giving them land in the middle east. Many of the families who were robbed by the germans also had family treasures and money returned as well as being paid a cash settlement.
Reparations Agreement between Israel and West Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there were also reperations given from germany again after world war I in the treaty of versalies
World War I reparations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

one of which Germany just finished paying off in 2008.

Don't come in this house popping off with no smart ass comments with stupid ass questions and not have your facts straight.

I seen how you move on here for a minute and always wondered if you were white or not cause some of the stuff you said was always borderline.
You remind me of one of those engineer dudes back in the day that despised the rappers that would come in to the studios but had to work with them cause rap was hot. you laugh and are disgusted with a black point of view but you struggle to make money off of something (hip hop) which comes directly from black culture.

Its a new thing to try and "downplay" the signicance slavery and racism has on how america runs.
was it 200 years ago? yes
is it history and over and done with? not by a long shot. you still have rich families that can trace their wealth back to it.

don't be behind a computer popping off with all that "quit whinning blacky" talk neither.

uhhhh how bout the 100 to 1 drug laws that give you way more time for dealing crack (which was prevalent in poor neighborhoods populated by blacks and hispanics) than the much bigger problem of cocaine (used largely by whites in the 80s and considered a "rich mans high" at the time)

or the redlining of property that relegated blacks to only areas despite income and credit scores.

did it not just take almost 3 months to arrest a guy shooting an unnarmed black kid in broad daylight?

did it also not just take 3 minutes to arrest a black woman using a gun to defend herself from her abusive husband in the same state (i think she is doing 20 plus years now).

ummm idk if you've noticed this or not but affirmative action is a pracitce used when a system is so racially flawed that you have to put it in place to try and balance things out. but you arguing that racism never existed so why would we even have it?

EVERY (yes EVERY) war ever fought inside of the united states can fall under two categories.

category 1: whites killing indians for land.
category 2: whites killing other whites for land.
even the civil war had to do with slavery. what was your point again? oh yeah you didn't have one.

I don't live in Africa, Europe, or any of the Arab countries involved in the slave trades at the time my ancestors were brought here. I live in america.
America got plenty rich off my people (something you don't want to admit).

as for your other question, idk if you know this or not, but there is a little country called Israel that came to be based off of a post war treaty giving them land in the middle east. Many of the families who were robbed by the germans also had family treasures and money returned as well as being paid a cash settlement.
Reparations Agreement between Israel and West Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there were also reperations given from germany again after world war I in the treaty of versalies
World War I reparations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

one of which Germany just finished paying off in 2008.

Don't come in this house popping off with no smart ass comments with stupid ass questions and not have your facts straight.

I seen how you move on here for a minute and always wondered if you were white or not cause some of the stuff you said was always borderline.
You remind me of one of those engineer dudes back in the day that despised the rappers that would come in to the studios but had to work with them cause rap was hot. you laugh and are disgusted with a black point of view but you struggle to make money off of something (hip hop) which comes directly from black culture.

Its a new thing to try and "downplay" the signicance slavery and racism has on how america runs.
was it 200 years ago? yes
is it history and over and done with? not by a long shot. you still have rich families that can trace their wealth back to it.

don't be behind a computer popping off with all that "quit whinning blacky" talk neither.

your arguments are so full of fallacies and ad hominem that I cant even take what you say seriously. Now you'e taking It to a personal level? I remind you of blabla you're always blabla

I can smell your butthurt from across the ocean

Im going to bed, maybe Ill point out the obvious flaws in your arguments tomorrow.

as black people, we are our own enemy

since when???

when did that begin, approximately???

---------- Post added 06-25-2012 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-24-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Africans dont even wanna be associated with African Americans

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

That the system was (and sometimes still is) against minorities is no big surprise and noone is denying that. But again, that's NOT an American invention and doesn't apply to African Americans only.

ONLY?

no

DISPROPORTIONATELY?

yes

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

the system was (and sometimes still is) against minorities

WHY is that?

(in your opinion)

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

always wondered if you were white or not

RIGHT.

which is exactly why i posted the:

FP BLACK members / FP WHITE members thread...

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

you laugh and are disgusted with a black point of view

where exactly is a "black point of view" WELCOME at, anyways???

How African-Americans and Africans-in-America view eachother

this article pretty much sums it up.

"To forgive and forget— Africans invented that. Many Africans don’t even remember the Europeans and colonization let alone hold them accountable for the woes of the continent and her people. So slavery and a history of discrimination an African-American may give as the reason for their current situation simply doesn’t hold water to us. We don’t know enough about psychology to know about PTSD (Posttraumatic Stress Disorder) or sociology to know about the correlation between the auction block and the ghetto, plantation and the prison system. To us it doesn’t matter what your grandfather couldn’t do, it’s what you can (and wouldn’t) do."

"To be without a job in America is an abomination to the African-in-America. So when we look at African-Americans unemployed en masse, we don’t see racial demons at play. We can’t; we have not been bred to see these things. We don’t know racism…except maybe if we are from South Africa. What we know is this: if you want and work hard for it, nothing will stop you from getting it. If they try, they will fail. You may need to work harder, harder than others; but if that’s what it takes, then that’s what you give. That’s what we give. Why can’t they?"

"But perhaps the most seethed resentment many Africans-in-America have toward African-Americans is a personal one. Forget not being welcomed with open arms, each African-in-America has at least a story of an early encounter with one or more African-Americans that left him/her feeling less than brotherly-loved. If you come here young enough to attend elementary and/or high school, to your surprise while many White kids are at least cordial with you, it’s the African-Americans that make fun of you, your people and where you come from; they are the most ignorant of all that you are (and thought they too were). Personally, it was my African-American classmates in high school that called me Kunta Kinte, laughed at my Payless shoes, and asked me if I lived on tress where I came from."

good read from the website regardless, but you can google "Haitian views on African Americans, Jamaican views on African Americans".. its all the same

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

Invisible Communities, Part 4: Haitians Say They’re Haitian, Not African-American | WBUR

“If you’re in Haiti and you look at the black community here, what do you see? It’s hip-hop,” says Alix Cantave, the associate director of the Trotter Institute for the Study of Black Culture at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
“It’s housing projects,” Cantave says. “It’s all these things, so that’s the image they migrate with. It’s the perception that it’s everything not to do, in a way, between the adults. So you don’t want your children to go and imitate African-American behavior.

where black Americans perceive where they are on the fictitious totem pole, many Haitian immigrants choose to maintain their ethnic identity,”

i could go on all day.
Its just how african-americans are perceived even by other Black ethnic groups. Mainly the tension between the caribbean and africans, but even canadian/french blacks as well. They dont wanna be seen as African Americans at all.

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

clearly its bad, do you view yourself as shiftless and lazy? Because thats the way blacks are perceived by a lot of those that arent American. Go out to any of these caribbean countries and tell em you african american lol. They'll treat you worse than the white people ya'll think oppress us. Go up to canada and kick it with them French Blacks lol, the africans from nigeria, the blacks down in any of the spanish speaking countries like Costa Rica or Puerto Rico.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Continental divide separates Africans, African-Americans - Page 2 - CNN

"Ezeamuzie recalled finding himself more confused by his experience with some African-Americans: Why were they so cliquish? Why did they mock students for being intelligent? Why were they homophobic and bent on using the n-word? Why did every conversation seem to involve drugs, girls or materialism?"

"However, African immigrants find that education and good jobs elude their African-American brethren, and there is a perception that many African-American men aren't committed to supporting their families, Mohammed said."

Theres a serious disconnect between African Americans and Africans.. and it has less to do with slavery, and the media than we like to believe

they say Africans think we're lazy and shiftless.. cause thats what they see in the media.. that we just take up prison space... then they come here.. and guess what they see lol, they see the same things that the media portray.

so like i said, nobody is trying to push slavery to the side or act like it didnt happen.

But african americans need to stop being so sensitive, and focus on the things that matter. This little shit doesnt matter, a lot of the shit people complain about doesnt matter. Trayvon Martin doesnt matter. Black people shoot black teens walking from stores EVERYDAY. Chicago is a damn war zone, they call the shit ChIraq. White people arent your enemy. YOU ARE your enemy.

never in my life have i ever felt like a white person stopped me from anything, never have i felt held back from ties to slavery and i can trace my family back to slavery. My moms from North Carolina, i go down there and stayed at houses that used to be where my great grandfather and them worked, i still have relatives alive that are from the 30s and 40s. so nobody is saying it isnt a big deal.

but majority of it is mental, if you go into a situation thinking the chips are stacked against you because your black. Even if they ARE so what? what are you gonna do? not try just because they are? Life isnt fair, but if you work hard at whatever it is you do, you'll succeed. But i see it first hand, black people are there own worst enemy, and anybody who is saying otherwise is a damn liar.

nobody can control what you do but you, and if you feel otherwise than youre weak. Plain and simple. Your ancestors didnt go through all this shit, just to have you STILL acting like youre being held back from anything years later. and they damn sure aint tryna see outrage over some damn footwear. Black folks here gotta stop acting like they dont have options, People complaining about not being able to get financial aid because of criminal history? Well then dont be a criminal, its not hard to not be a criminal (and even still if you REALLY wanted to you can get financial aid with a record). You dont have to sell drugs, you dont have to get a bunch of women pregnant so that you cant go to school for 4 years because you have kids to raise. You have a choice, you have options

and more times than not, i see people acting like they dont. And that slave mentality has more to do with black people than anybody else. Cause from being on both sides of the fence, white folks arent concerned about you or what youre doing. because the only color that matters in this world is GREEN. Nobody can deny that

Last edited:
WHY is that?

(in your opinion)

Because no system is perfect. Because we come from a 2000 year old tradition of "the shit falls from above, all you deserve is shit"-mentality indoctrination by the world religions.

Clergy<--- royalty<---------- noblemen <------------------------------------------- slaves

Where you were born a slave "to Jesus" and his men on Earth telling you what to think, say, eat and do.........while using you as their slaves for their wars and taking your shit away. That's basically the history of Europe. It's not different from the history of the Arabic world.

Why? Because just 70 years ago, there was a world war, where mostly white people killed other white people.

And the most ****ed up criminals (the Nazis in Germany and the Nazis in Japan) turned around and became the most liberal, prosperous and democratic countries in the world.

Why is that? Because people DO learn from their mistakes.

Why is the system in the US still so ****ed up? Because unlike any other country in the world, the US population still thinks it is smart to live in hermetically closed "communities", where uniformity is king: Italians live with Italians, Latinos live with other Latinos, Blacks with Blacks, Irish with the Irish, etc...

Ghetoization and the creation of "islands of ethnicities" never works, never worked and never will work.
The Polish Jews were the poorest and most oppressed, because they didn't want to integrate into the society (and the society didn't want them to). The German Jews were the richest and most prosperous, because they were integrated into the society (and the society wanted them to).

Things don't change as fast as we would like them to, but they do.
The 50s and 60s are two generations away, the post-war period was over with the destruction of the Berlin Wall and from the 1990s till now you can see how half of Europe changed completely............in just 20 years.

The Africans in Africa, Europe and elsewhere are fully aware of the history of the colonies. Slavery. Oppression.
Same goes for today's Indians.

But if the past is ALL that defines you, then you are living in the past.
It's simply over. The Now and looking into the future is all that's important. Because that's the only thing that gonna change. You learn about history to know why the slogan "Never again!" is crucial to a rationally thinking mind, not so you can complain on living in the past.

And as a friend pointed out to me earlier, we are living in times, where life is pretty sweet and you can really become what you want to be, so there's not much shit you can complain about.
What that also means is, that if you do not belong to the group of those who see this opportunity and take and use it, you need excuses.
And it is never your own fault............so you blame others for EVERYTHING and start to live in the past. It's suicide for anyone who wants to live a better life.

Nothing will change until people realize that Malcolm X or MLK were role models of the past, but Jay Z and PDiddy are not the right ones for today's world. The role models today should be the middle class and upper class academics, entrepreneurial middle class and people who live the life they want to live and not the live their ancestors were forced to.

"Bad things get worse, but good things get MUCH, MUCH better".
Concentrate on the good things and the bad things will disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back