Aaliyah ft. Drake - Enough Said [AUDIO]

Drake should be making songs with all of the dead artists.

Drake ft. 2Pac
Drake ft. Notorious B.I.G.
Drake ft. Whitney Houston
Drake ft. Michael Jackson
Drake ft. Elvis
Drake ft. The Beatles
Drake ft. Mozart

You get the picture......

Why not?

Music is meant to be released so profit can be generated. Why keep shit in a vault? Just remix it and get some sales going.

Last edited:
i haven't heard it but i just want to know did he give timbo and missy any credit? i mean if he wants to get Aaliyah on a song its only right, right?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Drake should be making songs with all of the dead artists.

Drake ft. 2Pac
Drake ft. Notorious B.I.G.
Drake ft. Whitney Houston
Drake ft. Michael Jackson
Drake ft. Elvis
Drake ft. The Beatles
Drake ft. Mozart

You get the picture......

Why not?

Music is meant to be released so profit can be generated. Why keep shit in a vault? Just remix it and get some sales going.

Elvis, The Beatles, and Mozart tho? lol

It is kinda boring. And it really doesn't sound like Aaliyah. I usually like the production Drake has on his songs but this one just felt big, cold and lifeless

They sound like they're in two different elements in mind.

I just don't like the idea of it...

I kind of feel like when a person passes away and their unreleased music comes out...It was a reason that music was unreleased and not as much as a priority of what has already been presented to everyone. Would her vocals to that song ever been released if she was alive? Aaliyah could of thought those were her least liked verses. If they acapela dubbed it then its just wrong.

^^^^I see what your saying. Keep in mind the hard decisions between what makes an album cut and what doesn't. Just because it didn't make an album cut doesn't mean that it was not good.

For me the vocals are good..........and they are calling for a different type of music. Even though something is on beat doesn't make it "acceptable". But people are going to love it anyway because it's Aaliyah. Others will see it as classless. Just because my homeboy make beats doesn't mean I'm going to put him on everything on some "I got you" shit. No disrespect or offense to dude but Teddy Riley would know what to do with those vocals......Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis would know.....Rodney Jerkins would know....and some others who will go outside of their fully trandmarked style to develop something that fits an artist. I would say Timbaland too....but he just might get too experimental.....might not.

It's the reason Biggie's album's after his death were not as powerful. Not the lyrics...just the beats..even though the beats weren't bad they just weren't enough to make the albums stand greats...IMO.

Last edited:
I actually Enjoyed what they did with this.
I don't see how it's "Lifeless" .
I mean you have Aaliyah singing about comforting someone who has alot on their mind, and then Drake spilling his thoughts.
The beat is simple, yet deep. (Like most of 40's instrumentals)
This isn't the best they could do, but I'd say they did a pretty good job.
Also, I hate how people are always like "Oh drake is soft as a pillow" Just because a rapper doesn't fit your opinion of what the rapper mindset should be doesn't mean shit. He's still an artist. *shrugs*
The only thing I dislike about this song is the fact that 40 is so good at mixing vocal with the instrumental . It sounds like a stretched out sample at times.

^^^^I see what your saying. Keep in mind the hard decisions between what makes an album cut and what doesn't. Just because it didn't make an album cut doesn't mean that it was not good.

For me the vocals are good..........and they are calling for a different type of music. Even though something is on beat doesn't make it "acceptable". But people are going to love it anyway because it's Aaliyah. Others will see it as classless. Just because my homeboy make beats doesn't mean I'm going to put him on everything on some "I got you" shit. No disrespect or offense to dude but Teddy Riley would know what to do with those vocals......Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis would know.....Rodney Jerkins would know....and some others who will go outside of their fully trandmarked style to develop something that fits an artist. I would say Timbaland too....but he just might get too experimental.....might not.

It's the reason Biggie's album's after his death were not as powerful. Not the lyrics...just the beats..even though the beats weren't bad they just weren't enough to make the albums stand greats...IMO.

Thats also true...I remember before when Jay-z had his cuts for the blue print and I was like damn thats a whole album right there that has potential. I'm one of those ppl who rather hear it as Aaliyah lost songs...with the original beats so you can hear the whole essence of how it initially sounded instead of them being remixes to her work and passed on as new songs. Love it or hate it, ppl are gonna have different opinions on it thats fact. I also agree having the right ppl to work on it...I look at it like its really just benefiting Drake the most...shit anybody else could of did...

...absolutely not. I'm usually a fan of drake and I was excited to hear what they would be doing with these songs.

I'm just absolutely over the use of one ambient pad, those 5/8/10/13 casio dums, and drake talking about how hard it is to be famous.

Progress!

Aaliyah always had a sound of her own...that is what makes this not so good to me. When she was on the radio with others.....she wasn't part of an era. She was timeless. This music puts her in a time limit to be forgotten.

Aaliyah always had a sound of her own...that is what makes this not so good to me. When she was on the radio with others.....she wasn't part of an era. She was timeless. This music puts her in a time limit to be forgotten.

I feel it. The song lost it's essence of being Aaliyah. To me it's just a bad pairing. I mean we wouldn't want Rihanna executive producing a post humus Jimmi Hendrix album now would we?

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I actually Enjoyed what they did with this.
I don't see how it's "Lifeless" .
I mean you have Aaliyah singing about comforting someone who has alot on their mind, and then Drake spilling his thoughts.
The beat is simple, yet deep. (Like most of 40's instrumentals)
This isn't the best they could do, but I'd say they did a pretty good job.
Also, I hate how people are always like "Oh drake is soft as a pillow" Just because a rapper doesn't fit your opinion of what the rapper mindset should be doesn't mean shit. He's still an artist. *shrugs*
The only thing I dislike about this song is the fact that 40 is so good at mixing vocal with the instrumental . It sounds like a stretched out sample at times.

Ask yourself this. Does it sound like an Aaliyah song? Or does it sound like a Drake song with a sampled hook

They should hold remix contest for the artist who passed away. Let the people decide. Now that would be an awesome album. Fans of those artist wouldn't lie. And people on a buddy system wouldn't be able to get enough buddies to sneak in bullshit on the album.

I feel it. The song lost it's essence of being Aaliyah. To me it's just a bad pairing. I mean we wouldn't want Rihanna executive producing a post humus Jimmi Hendrix album now would we?

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Ask yourself this. Does it sound like an Aaliyah song? Or does it sound like a Drake song with a sampled hook
It actually sounds more in between the two.
It sounds like a Drake song ft Aaliyah., Overall though, I still don't dislike the song based on the audio.

Can't see anybody liking this.

People trying to be "different" and are making ish people can't even groove to. What club would play this and who would dance to it?

Did anybody play this a second time?

Back