9th wonder

Wow. Lool. Just chop them shytes. I don't see where 9th does any complex chopping, anyway. What you may really be wanting to know is how he picks his samples, but even that is a personal thing. He samples records that he feels.

BTW, I hate 9th's drums. They lite as toilet tissue.

actually his drums got a lot of punch, especially them snares. alot of low end. its just that he uses the fruity loops, makes the sound "fruity alittle".

but with Guru mixing u can't tell.

But yo, 9th just keeps it simple. He loops the sample. Then just chops out the parts and recreates a 2-4 bar loop.

What makes his sound so different is his drums. He doesn't go overboard with effects. If your EAR notice. It's almost like he just took thye drums fron the vinyl record and just threw it on the track, with alittle other drum stacking.

Try it soemtime. But dig in them crates, B!

Mickey Knox said:
not at all...these people nowadays need to know that FL aint just a "my first betmaker" type program....and that they can do some serious music on it...[/qoute]

I feel you on that. When I first got interested in making beats I begged my pops for an SP1200 and he got it for me eventually. I was using SL1200s and the SP back in '91(I thought I was hot). Then I found other interset and sold my gear(young mind). Around 02-03 I got serious again about making music when I ran into this kid Bishop Omega who rhymes with this group called the Earth Movers(JL affiliates)and he told me about this kid named Pat(9th). I was in the process of shopping for a MP at the time and Bishop was like "you need to see this kid work, he's ill with his computer." So I sat in on a session and I think he was using V 3.5 at the time and the ish this dude was putting out was quality on a budget for real. He pretty much sold me on Fruity and I've been messing with it since. Sorry bout the long post. Just wanted to give a little history.
i was about to say how did u do all of that with just that sp lol

Back