9th wonder

One question.... Is there a good site to dl or buy plugins from? Or would one have to order the program?

well...all the plugins that I have now came with a computer that I had built...the dude who built it already bought em all so he just loaded em on there for me...

he does it on almost every computer that he builds...

Pentium 4 3GHz with Hyperthreading Technology
ASUS motherboard w/ Intel chipset
1GB Corsair DDR333 PC2700 Memory
80GB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive (Extra Quiet Glyph Audio Drive)
Sony 16x DVD+/-R(RW) Drive (Extra Quiet)
NVidia FX5200 Dual Monitor 8x 128MB Video Card
Windows XP Professional Edition (Optimized for Audio Production)

thats the specs of the compt that he built...but the programs on it is crazy

Last edited:
not at all...these people nowadays need to know that FL aint just a "my first betmaker" type program....and that they can do some serious music on it...[/qoute]

I feel you on that. When I first got interested in making beats I begged my pops for an SP1200 and he got it for me eventually. I was using SL1200s and the SP back in '91(I thought I was hot). Then I found other interset and sold my gear(young mind). Around 02-03 I got serious again about making music when I ran into this kid Bishop Omega who rhymes with this group called the Earth Movers(JL affiliates)and he told me about this kid named Pat(9th). I was in the process of shopping for a MP at the time and Bishop was like "you need to see this kid work, he's ill with his computer." So I sat in on a session and I think he was using V 3.5 at the time and the ish this dude was putting out was quality on a budget for real. He pretty much sold me on Fruity and I've been messing with it since. Sorry bout the long post. Just wanted to give a little history.

nothin wrong with that...

FL is what I first learned on...and I'm not leavin it...I'm adding other sequencers and samplers to my arsenal...but I'm not just gonna run out on FL becuase it made my beats sound like they do today...

I love FL...and the only reason people down it is because of the stock sounds...

if it had better sounds it would be number one because its easier to use than anything else thats out...

i use the slicer and it works really well. i cant make a beat without the slicer. i just need to know how to get that dope bass 9th always uses.

What happened to not answering questions that have already been answered about 832497724720470274 times on this site! Just be you playa!

9th uses the synths inside FL to get that bass not that hard you don't need an expensive VSTi to get his bass just a little tweaking of whats in the FL box and you will be good.

how the hell do u guys know wut vsts 9th is and isnt using?

u guys are jus makin ish up

Mickey Knox, you just made my day!

Damn after reading your tips I made like in a matter of 20 minutes the dopest beat I ever made! Thank you so much.

ps: Can't find the preset you mentionned, but the way I flip records improved SO much that I don't really care... Still would be thankfull if you give more informations on sampling.

Anytime. For that bass just reload your FL program with the og sounds. The Hipbass1 should be in the stock HipHop file. Play around with it its nice.

I really didn't intend to keep this post alive but I just setup a myspace music site so you can check out a couple ways I used the slicer to play with samples. They are kinda rough draft but it'll give you an idea of how the slicer can be used. Check me out and drop a line if you want.(a little self promotion lol!!!!!). Link is in my sig.

Last edited:
deuxdb said:
how the hell do u guys know wut vsts 9th is and isnt using?

u guys are jus makin ish up

9th said in the Scratch mag a couple issues back that he only uses stock sounds that he finds in FL. and he spoke specifically on his bass. he said (if i can remember right), "if doesn't matter what equipment you're using for your bass, it's just a matter of picking out the right notes."

Back