808 Mafia jacking beats and taking advantage of young producers!

Problem is OP didn't have a tag on his beat and ain't gettin no credit for it. OP should've had a tag in the end like Jahil did for his beat.

One of the key issues I had is his tag was covered up by some annoying hood intro. The biggest issue though I had is his "manager" is clearly shady. He doesn't really care honestly,but im trying to warn young producers out there that this stuff happens. On a side note I am not the producer on some other name or anything I gave up my dream and now just record locally in my house. I realized I love money more then I do music and the chance to pop off.

So you think the manager got paid..........from a production team......in which your dude's beats were inspired in the likes of........from a product that is unpredictable and unanticipated........

manager is shady.....yet what about the other rappers using the beat due to it being downloadable? I'm lost............the was in the studio with the dudes. His manager would be shady to let them dudes "forget" who your dude was.....which means he don't want money. Because he gets paid when your dude gets paid........

manager did his job......he did the right thing.......get your dude closer to the money than he was before. But people suggest shooting their selves in the ass or in the foot before even pulling the gun out.....

Last edited:
Beats are worthless. Since I stopped mingling with the guys I send stuff to, all types of shyt of mine has ended up on mixtapes. Who f**king cares. Work the relationship and you can stay in the circle. The thing is, "the circle' ain't paying you shyt for your contribution to a mixtape in 2015. This practice isn't even unheard of. Famous producers like Metro Boomin and Ayo pass beats around like the roofied girl at a Bill Cosby party and they land where they do. When they actually land somewhere inportant, then you make sure to track them down, but for some mixtape bullshyt? GTFOH.

Producers these days. Anyone can make a loop and put different filters and drop out a few instruments and bring them back, you're not irreplaceable. Play your role. They aren't answering the phone because they don't answer phone calls when they don't know who's calling, not because they ducking him. You know how much MY phone rings and how many insignificant people think they on MY mind to the point I'd "duck" them? I can't imagine what these guys go thru. My phone rings like 4-6 times an hour with music B.S. there's gotta be 100 times that easily.

He should be going thru outlets to make contacts and work some more. Not trying to defame their name when they just gave him a bunch of new fans he didn't have before. Anyone who feels otherwise should quit now, you don't understand music business 2015. That shyt we was talking in the 90s getting $5k to hold a beat that may make an album no longer applies. ADAPT OR DIE.

Song is hot by the way, he should be claiming the credit and reconnecting with 808 for MORE work and in the process establish an agreement to how his work is to be shopped and what he demands for use of his work. I get the idea it was either halfway established already, or his shyt got mixed in with other stuff people had free range to. 808 Mafia collects beats from hundreds of producers and redistributes them to build their brand. It's the game in 2015. I'm sure they have no problem getting your boy his credit while explaining to him that song more than likely generated no money to owe him a dime. It's just a beat, it went further than it would have if it didn't touch their hands. I wouldn't be mad after touching base...in 2015.

Last edited:
On an update I guess southside and him got into a big tweeter beef now so yup thats over lol. South side is a pos no talent scrub though I hope he gets his shit robbed again. Brick saquad is a fn joke any way waka thinks he is in the wu-tang clan or something. I would rather work with riff raff or li b then those scrubs. By the way South side posted Atlanta runs hip hop and NY is a bunch of no talent scrubs.

Back