808 Mafia jacking beats and taking advantage of young producers!

Alejandro Beats

Hello my future producer family. I have been away for a long ass time,but something today really got my blood boiling. A local producer in my area was all pumped up to be working with Waka and the brick squad guys and even got to go in the studio with them. I was pretty pumped to see a local make such great progress. He already has some placements with Trinidad James under his belt.

Any ways I got nervous when he signed up with this "manager" that would introduce him to waka and the 808 guys. I told him be careful remember its a business. So long story short he goes to the studio shows them a bunch of stuff and its all positive. He doesn't hear anything from any one in a long time and now recently 808 mafia drops a mixtape with one of his beats. No one will return his calls or messages so he basically got played. I will post the 808 mafia track and his original from his mixtape. The intro has a bunch of dj intro junk but skip ahead a bit and you will see its the same exact beat and they cover up his tag. Apparently they did this to a bunch of his songs this is just one example.

Booda Beats - Mistaken Intellect Mixtape - Stream & Download 8 is his song

He is just such a humble kid and its a shame they treat people like this. He has nothing to do with this post by the way I took it upon myself to make it known that this stuff happens and people need to be careful. Thank you for your time.

Obviously out of the beats being displayed, someone chose one of his. Part of the work is auditioning. That's a plus for him having his music mixed in with their's.....maybe being an affiliate or even part of the team later. No big deal.......like some millions are being taken away or something. Remain humble...don't burn that bridge YET....better that than stuck on your hard drive for another 10 years til it is outdated.

Last edited:
people usually give beats for free for mixtapes. Of course they should have asked him first. This is what copyrights are for anyways, he can still get paid.

people usually give beats for free for mixtapes. Of course they should have asked him first. This is what copyrights are for anyways, he can still get paid.

This what REGISTERING your copyright is for and having your project files on the cloud and hard drive

I don't see the big deal.

It is a mixtape. It isn't going to make any money. Cats need to stop being so precious about their music. If people don't want their beats released, then they should not let other people have access to them. He needs to try to get as much exposure as possible instead of complaining about getting jacked for a beat.

I say just give that same beat to other people for their mixtapes. The cat who made it still has all the rights. He can distribute it to anyone he chooses. And if one beat makes or breaks someone's career, that person didn't really have a career to begin with.

Yep mixtapes are like scrimmages, they don't really count.

If I were him, I'd still credit myself like crazy with the placement. He at least can do that.

The relationship > money, credit, or whatever. A lot can go greater for you in the future just for keeping your dead gum mouth shut and being thankful. That's just one beat.........act up over one beat then the other 20 or so beats will be the hell up out of reach for a "potential hit" THAT WILL put money in your pocket due to them "being scared to fuuck with you on the beats they have of yours". Ain't like you can't still sell the beat or give it to your artist later.....YOU OWN THE BEAT. Your call though.......chess not checkers.

It's deeper than your beats........your "ownership" of "one" thing. You buy land knowing in the future somebody will "want to build on it."

Last edited:
thanks for posting... its crazy southside did that when he produces himself.. i know he has a lot of dope tracks in the stash

Did i read this thread correctly...
So r people signing off on artist and "production squads"(multiple creative producers) stealing others work...
F_ck is wrong wit u niggas...

Just be happy they stole yours.... really with no credit....

Last edited:
Did i read this this thread correctly...
So r people signing off on artist and "production squads"(multiple creative producers) stealing others work...
F_ck is wrong wit u niggas...

Just be happy they stole yours.... really with no credit....

You're reading it correctly - cats are really saying you can knock their girlfriend down cheex up and eat their leftover holiday ham sandwiches in their bed...then it's okay to ignore them as they bring us another cold beer out of their fridge. They should be honored we just served their girls. FOH.

Sometimes you only get one chance to get in the door and believe you won't take mine...ever.

The relationship > money, credit, or whatever. A lot can go greater for you in the future just for keeping your dead gum mouth shut and being thankful. That's just one beat.........act up over one beat then the other 20 or so beats will be the hell up out of reach for a "potential hit" THAT WILL put money in your pocket due to them "being scared to fuuck with you on the beats they have of yours". Ain't like you can't still sell the beat or give it to your artist later.....YOU OWN THE BEAT. Your call though.......chess not checkers.

It's deeper than your beats........your "ownership" of "one" thing. You buy land knowing in the future somebody will "want to build on it."

Right - in your world you should just let the thief break into your house and steal your stuff because you don't wanna mess up the relationship for when he wants to come back and rob your house again...now they can jack your house 20-30 times.

Dafuq world do you all live in? In what world do thieves all of a sudden have honor and decide to start paying you after they robbed you once and you curled up about it? Please come to West Baltimore and see how that works out for you, fam. Get ya Juicy Fruit dead gum snatched right out your mouth and they ain't payin for the 2nd piece either.

Right - in your world you should just let the thief break into your house and steal your stuff because you don't wanna mess up the relationship for when he wants to come back and rob your house again...now they can jack your house 20-30 times.

Dafuq world do you all live in? In what world do thieves all of a sudden have honor and decide to start paying you after they robbed you once and you curled up about it? Please come to West Baltimore and see how that works out for you, fam. Get ya Juicy Fruit dead gum snatched right out your mouth and they ain't payin for the 2nd piece either.

It's a beat. Just give them away. What is the OP going to do about it? Nothing. He is just complaining on the internet like someone will help him. People will say it's foul and say stand up for yourself. These same cats will be giving away beats to the same crew if they got the call. Shit, I am ready to send over my beats for a shot. I got 1,000 more, so ain't no worries on my part.

People complaining about money when they aren't even in the race. Get a job for money. Give away the beats to build a relationship.

The music industry is all about building relationships. It isn't a typical 9 to 5. That is what cats don't understand. Holding on to little beats like they are gold when those same beats could have been out there gaining popularity and catching the ears of people ready to make moves and purchase more beats.

Beats are so simple to make these days that holding out for one big placement is a waste of time. These people act like Jay-Z or Drake stole a beat. Some two-bit rapper trying to blow up stealing a beat don't make no difference.

Last edited:
Got to be kiddin me...............the dude "DID NOT" get his beat stolen. Dude had a catalog of beats mixed in with them dudes who are getting plenty of work. He still owns the beat.

Plus the dude got the beat on datpiff as a free download for anybody to get on.

You bring a six pack to a smoke session.......with no weed........trippin over the last beer. Dude got damn near a case in the fridge that's been there..........Heineken, Beck's, Bud Ice, various other beers, Liquor on the counter....YOU ARE WELCOME TO ALL DAT......here you come with your six pack of dead gum Bud light. It was your beer you offered everyone (8 heads plus you)..........you ain't invited to smoke with them no more.........you did get to receive a free high though.......

Common sense, dude. smh........

You just need to know when and how to play your cards right.

I see nothing wrong with giving beats away for free... you just
need to know how to go about it... ie: "you can keep the beat
but just so you know, other people have and will be able to get
the beat too (don't give away exclusive rights)...

If 20 unknown rappers grab your same beat, atleast 1 of them
will make something decent out of it... and you may be there
at the right time to reap the back-end rewards... if you know
how to turn that into something

Sometimes i wonder if producers forget the fact that they are
producers... their work is dependent on how hot the artist can
make their beat, in other words... it's not the beat, it's
the song.

Perfect example... Lloyd Banks was the first one with the Bobby
SmurdaHot N*gga Beat... the song was named "Jackpot" and it
came out 2 years ago in one of his mixtapes... noone gave a ****
about it cause the song was not hit single material... it was
Bobby Smurda who 2 years later heard the beat and made it a
hot song. Jahil, because he was prb. just sending his beats to
everyone, now has not only Lloyd Banks but Smurda under his
belt and i guarantee you rappers are approaching him wanting
a "Hot N*gga" beat.

That Jahil beat was at the right place, at the right time, with
the right rapper for it.

I would rather someone have it than my harddrive, cause my
harddrive ain't gonna make a hot song lol.

Last edited:
Puts beats out for people to download free.....with nude chicks, hot rappers, and drugs as the visual work....only as bate to settle out of court for $20 sent to paypal or else sue $5,000 in court.......you producers are crooks man. That's the new era way of selling beats.
original_24750052.jpg

...because he was prb. just sending his beats to
everyone, now has not only Lloyd Banks but Smurda under his
belt and i guarantee you rappers are approaching him wanting
a "Hot N*gga" beat.

That Jahil beat was at the right place, at the right time, with
the right rapper for it.

I would rather someone have it than my harddrive, cause my
harddrive ain't gonna make a hot song lol.

Problem is OP didn't have a tag on his beat and ain't gettin no credit for it. OP should've had a tag in the end like Jahil did for his beat.

Back