What Am I - Mista Melly (Produced by Dash Galaxy) FEEDBACK RETURNED

dylan_wtf

Quick 1 minute beat I made that someone I know spit on, let me know what you think about the song, but especially about the mix. I thought it was pretty decent for my first mixed complete track.

And drop your links and I'll return the feed.

Loving the sample and the chops! Great job! One thing though; if you could change up the chops here and there it'd be sicker. You know to give it a break from the repetitive loop. Overall, just great once again!

That track is dope foreal. The sample pattern should be changed up somewhere in the song so that is doesn't stay the same but other than that good shit.

I dont need feed but if you can follow the soundcloud on my sig. *I follow back*

i like the sample you used in this instrumental. nice flow on the lyrics by the way. very nice delivery, kept up with the instrumental. keep it coming yo. gotta hear more from u.

That beat and sample is mad dope, and the rapper sounds like Big Sean. Overall it is dope. I don't think the mix/mastering is done though. The mix sounds kind of low volume. Also, the kicks should be better mixed in to hit a bit harder, and consider changing the snares or layering them to get those to hit harder too. Once you are done this shoot me a PM, I want to hear the final mix :)

That's dope man. Your mate on the spit is great, and your mix is pretty much spot on. The beats and melody are still clear, but manage to not drown the lyrics out, and vice-versa. All round tidy production man, good work :)

New track up for feedback

Last edited:
The mix is nice for your first complete mix. The sample and chops are really smooth and nice. I dig this man. good work.

Okay I'm listening via adam's monitors. Vocals could have been mixed better, whole mix sounded dry and one dimensional. Wide the track out add some effects etc etc..other then that it sounded cool

Okay I'm listening via adam's monitors. Vocals could have been mixed better, whole mix sounded dry and one dimensional. Wide the track out add some effects etc etc..other then that it sounded cool

can you elaborate please? what do you mean by dry and 1-dimensional? are you referring to to panning things left and right? I want it to have a full sound, how do i avoid it being one dimensional? it sounded alright on my speakers but i don't have studio monitors so I can't distinguish every little intricacy

Great sample, drums are legit but a bit boring. A bass would maybe be nice. Mixing wise it's good, at least on my system.
Really liked the track. Respect!

At 0:18 The line " Dream Chaser caught my ear " Great lyrics. Would be awesome to hear a bit more of that line with in the track. I hear a lot of a confidence in your voice. I wanna hear more :D

Give my music a shot ZeBlaZeD EP - Giving it away

Last edited:
I like the chops, and the flows very laid back, I like it... I could just lay back and chill out to this! Very good work!

Overall? NICE. Rapper simply flows nice, and he does sound like Big Sean. Great Track man. Nothing left to say. KEEP GRINDING.

Whats going on fam. Thanks for the feedback. The mix doesn't sounds bad, you need to de-ess those vocals though. Sounds like an amateur mix, but a GOOD amateur mix. If that makes sense. Beats dope, lol. Some quick chops eh and some drums huh? Good shit though, good music, ya boy sounds a bit like BigSean. Keep up the grind, i'll see you around the form,

dlo

Good job with everything, honestly. Do de-ess the vocals, like itzdlo said. Honestly, I can't say I have any big beef with this track. Keep grinding!

Back