Some Bangerz For Your Ears - Have A Listen To Str8 A's Productions F4F

• Thread starter Str8 A's Productions
  • Start date
S

Str8 A's Productions

Don't know if you saw this but I left this yesterday for you before you had your own thread

I checked out all your beats and you definitely have a jazzy influence. For me the two dopest are "think" and "sun is shining". "Think" has a great melody and "sun is shining" just sounds good to me and I like the piccato(if thats the right word) that you used. But overall dope beats man I like your jazzy influence ..its something different and nice to hear. Thanks for the feed.

Yeah sorry I missed that yesterday. I really appreciate the feed. I enjoyed your tracks as well! Very original bro, definitely a unique sound. I love your drum work! Keep it up!

Thanks once again.

Any suggestions or comments on mixing? Or things to rework?

Thanks,

- A

You're clearly a good musician, and a good composer.
The bass lines, the keys etc... you know what you're doing !

But to me the main problem is that your beats sound really kinda virtual, don't know what vsts or synths you're using, but
you could do way better stuff with better tools.

Concerning the mix, I think that generally the drums are too quiet (purely subjective).

peace

Thanks a lot for the feedback man! I really appreciate it. What exactly do you mean by virtual? And, I definitely agree with you in terms of pumping the drums up a little louder.

Thanks again man!

- A

Thanks a lot for the feedback man! I really appreciate it. What exactly do you mean by virtual? And, I definitely agree with you in terms of pumping the drums up a little louder.

Thanks again man!

- A

I mean it feels like factory vsts, strictly quantized things.
You have to use better vsts, with more power in it or modify 'em. Eqing, adding effects, compression etc...

Ahhhhh okay I understand what you mean man. I'll definitely check that out and tweak my future tracks accordingly. Thanks man.

- A

I think you need some better vsts. It was especially apparent to me on Sound the Horns, with the main horn. I'd say you are a couple of purchases or torrents away from making some classics

Thanks a lot bro! I really appreciate it. Any suggestions on where I can get some good VSTs?

- A

Great work buddy, I actually checked your site a few days ago. Your music all sounds very much jazz influenced. I would recommend letting that guide you as you are good at it but switching it up is a must. You have to switch it up and really dig to innovate. Very good listen though. To answer your question about vsts.

mixing:Waves, UAD products(need there hardware to run the plugs), Izotope, slate digital, sonnox

Synths: Spectrasonic products, purity, zebra, Sylenth 1, Native instrument products.

Orchestra:Native Kontakt, East West Orchestra products, Philharmonik.

Drums:crate digging

just to name a few

dope jazzy vibe ... sounds mesh well ... mixes sound clean ... good work here keep it up ...

returned ...

Thanks a lot guys! I'm happy you guys are appreciating the vibe I'm trying to create and the tracks I'm laying down.

Feed returned.

Thanks,

- A

Sound The Horns - love the horns and other instruments, but that drum feels a little bit weak. Work on the drum and you got yourself gold materiel. Maybe some reverb on the horns and strings to give it that atmosphere vibe.

Trembling - Damn trembling has a real nice. Clean the kick maybe and damn that vibe is smooth. The kick feels a little bit TOO dirty, it's nice that it's dirty, but this one is too dirty. That vibe is on point though. nice work.

Droplets of Rain - that piano is niiiiiceee. the bass also. I would work on the drum mix, the levels. the composition is mad nice. That piano melody is on point, the bass and that other little sounds also is on point. nice work, also lacks a little bit in the energy. But the overall idea is on point.

Hang Up - Nice composition, work on the mix to make it stand out more, it felt like it lacked energy, but the idea is good, a rapper on it would lift it.

So overall, very creative, only need more mixing work and you got yourself some classic tracks.

Man your instrumentals left me absolutely speechless,especially "Sound The Horns","What Matters" and eventually "Trembling",you've got lots of talent and a broad selection of sounds,your basslines tend to be strong and your drums are quite punchy too,your beats reming me of west coast old-school hip-hop and I like it,Keep doing your thing!

Some nice tracks brother. I really liked "Trembling" The piano riff is simple, but sweet on the track. Bass line is groovy and the drums have a nice pitch to them. And "Droplets of Rain" Love the piano sample on there. Dope work all in all.

Guys I really appreciate your input. I'll take all of your suggestions into account and work on implementing all of the above into my future beats.

- A

"Sound The Horns" Real organic feel fam, would love to see/hear a live band jam out to this. Structure is put together nice too, keep doing your thing fam

Yeah man, I totally dig what you're talking about. A live band would be cool to hear on my tracks. I was checking out your stuff and it sounds super tight. I like the drum work you use and the melodies are quite lyrical as well.

Again thanks for the feedback.

- A

Back