NEW TRAP BEAT! Feedback 4 Feedback (ALWAYS RETURNED***)

I agree with some of the previous commenters - the beat is good but seems like you have room to add some elements. The mix is pretty well balanced, but I bet you can add more bass at times. The hi hats could be panned a bit to give them more impact. But I wouldn't abandon it - you've done the hard part, now have fun and add some bits to it!

I would really appreciate your feedback on my latest remix as well: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...omeo-jealous-i-aint-hanzy-remix-[f4f]-478512/

Not sure if you're looking for more exposure - I was referred to a site called "CloudKillers" from another FP user and it's been good for me... Check it out if you are so inclined, it's been good for me: http://www.cloudkillers.com/?aff=56222

your beat is like a good template for something greater. try and go for a more fuller sound, you could have even did something more elaborate with the drums you used..just sit down and vybe with it aint no rush..come back to if you have to

Listen to this to get a feel of what i mean

Just finished listening to it so I'll give some feedback

First off I feel like it had completely dope potential, but it was just wasn't fulfilled because of some small errors.

Main issues:

The Repetitiveness
I felt the beat really just repeated everything in one loop.
You should change up by adding more snares here and there. Edit the drums.
Try adding a chopped snare so it rolls, or multiple.
Switching between bass/no bass abruptly in a drum pattern (sort of hard to explain, but let me now if you don't understand)
See songs like Chiraq by Lil Durk for example
Or Levels By Meek Mill (Beginning is a perfect example, once the song starts I mean)

The Instruments
The Violin or strings that come in halfway that are 3 to 4 note pattern was alright
But the problem with it is that it was too loud, it should of been a background noise
And it didn't feel right being a string or violin
I know trap has a common way of using brass and string instruments,
but it sounds amazing when people expand and experiement
Try out some synths or just other unusual sounds you would expect in general
I feel that if you also had it lowered volume, different sounds used for those keys,
and had it as a sort of backdrop melody, it would of been dope.
For examples, look at Mike WiLL Made iT (Producer)

The Low Growling
There's this really low dope growling sound you have in the beat going with the drums
That growling sound really would of made the beat dope if it was focused on
It should of been louder and mixed a little bit, and then it would be amazing

Too Basic
Besides the shortness of it (it could be just a minute longer)
You had a few filters running here and there (Love Philter I think)
But I think for example in the beginning,
that should of been a spot for you to place a the love philter (See Emmit Smith By Migos for a good example of filters/mixing in the beginning of a song).
The beat didn't have too much of a mixed feel to it
Just patterns running on and on
For example just check out songs like
Emmit Smith or Add It Up by Migos
You can see how they use the pauses,
and if your using FL Studio, it should be the Gross Beat Tool
that basically has some of those effects that they use
For example the reverse, the pitch effects, quick beat repeats, the way the beat chops and things like that
Mostly all inside Gross Beat for FL Studio, and you can customize and make your own in that

Pros:

Originality
I love that sample that you used in the drums, it really sets it off and sets a good tone to the beat.
I haven't heard it before, so I'm counting it as original

Thought Process
The feel and tone that you set with the beat seemed great and it felt like a trap beat
Drums
It wasn't a basic trap boom boom clap. It was crafted to fit the melody and that was well done

All-In-All I could see what you went for in the beat and I think it was good, but just needs some edits. And of course, practice makes perfect.
I hope what I wrote helps you and didn't bring any sort of hate, I love music and appreciate all producers and artists because I know the dedication and hard work it takes to produce a record

Just finished listening to it so I'll give some feedback

First off I feel like it had completely dope potential, but it was just wasn't fulfilled because of some small errors.

Main issues:

The Repetitiveness
I felt the beat really just repeated everything in one loop.
You should change up by adding more snares here and there. Edit the drums.
Try adding a chopped snare so it rolls, or multiple.
Switching between bass/no bass abruptly in a drum pattern (sort of hard to explain, but let me now if you don't understand)
See songs like Chiraq by Lil Durk for example
Or Levels By Meek Mill (Beginning is a perfect example, once the song starts I mean)

The Instruments
The Violin or strings that come in halfway that are 3 to 4 note pattern was alright
But the problem with it is that it was too loud, it should of been a background noise
And it didn't feel right being a string or violin
I know trap has a common way of using brass and string instruments,
but it sounds amazing when people expand and experiement
Try out some synths or just other unusual sounds you would expect in general
I feel that if you also had it lowered volume, different sounds used for those keys,
and had it as a sort of backdrop melody, it would of been dope.
For examples, look at Mike WiLL Made iT (Producer)

The Low Growling
There's this really low dope growling sound you have in the beat going with the drums
That growling sound really would of made the beat dope if it was focused on
It should of been louder and mixed a little bit, and then it would be amazing

Too Basic
Besides the shortness of it (it could be just a minute longer)
You had a few filters running here and there (Love Philter I think)
But I think for example in the beginning,
that should of been a spot for you to place a the love philter (See Emmit Smith By Migos for a good example of filters/mixing in the beginning of a song).
The beat didn't have too much of a mixed feel to it
Just patterns running on and on
For example just check out songs like
Emmit Smith or Add It Up by Migos
You can see how they use the pauses,
and if your using FL Studio, it should be the Gross Beat Tool
that basically has some of those effects that they use
For example the reverse, the pitch effects, quick beat repeats, the way the beat chops and things like that
Mostly all inside Gross Beat for FL Studio, and you can customize and make your own in that

Pros:

Originality
I love that sample that you used in the drums, it really sets it off and sets a good tone to the beat.
I haven't heard it before, so I'm counting it as original

Thought Process
The feel and tone that you set with the beat seemed great and it felt like a trap beat
Drums
It wasn't a basic trap boom boom clap. It was crafted to fit the melody and that was well done

All-In-All I could see what you went for in the beat and I think it was good, but just needs some edits. And of course, practice makes perfect.
I hope what I wrote helps you and didn't bring any sort of hate, I love music and appreciate all producers and artists because I know the dedication and hard work it takes to produce a record

Wow man i appreciate all the feedback! GO check it out again i just uploaded the remastered version and let me know what you think i should still do. Ive only been producing for 3 months so all the help is needed!! THANKS!!

https://soundcloud.com/macproductionz/heat-re-mastered

Last edited:
Just re-listened. I like the new effects that you put in, you can hear how that adds in a sort of more trap effect to the beat.
Only thing I would say now is just lower the sound on that bell and raise the sound on the synth a little bit.
Other than that it seems to be good. Great work with it.

Just re-listened. I like the new effects that you put in, you can hear how that adds in a sort of more trap effect to the beat.
Only thing I would say now is just lower the sound on that bell and raise the sound on the synth a little bit.
Other than that it seems to be good. Great work with it.

Ight i appreciate everything man!

Back