Jazz n' loops my second beat tape F4F

M

mikey joe

Just finished putting together my second ever beat tape titled Jazz n' Loops. Its mainly sample based boom bap mixed with a jazz sound.

Hope you enjoy and leave some feedback on what you liked or didnt like, F4F

Also is you wanna rap over any these beats hit me up and you can use any of em free of charge ;)

Dayyuummmm. I'm digging this EP. I have nothing bad to say, everything was on point. Especially the drums. I followed you on Soundcloud also.

Here

thanks for feed

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-07-2013 at 09:19 PM ----------

Left you boths some feed diggin the work for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty dope! nice drums as they sound a bit like Skibeatz style of drums (more live rather than sampled boom-bappy-ish)

cool sample chops and find, glad you know a bit about production
ooverall a nice job, nice man

Just finished putting together my second ever beat tape titled Jazz n' Loops. Its mainly sample based boom bap mixed with a jazz sound.

Ok, I'm an old man & don't understand when you yung'ns talk so fast. "Sample based boom bap" Does that mean you sequenced the drums & a bunch of loops?

It sounds good regardless, I'm just trying to get the terminology down.

If that's the case, how long did it take you to get all those samples? Did you get them from one source?

Ok, I'm an old man & don't understand when you yung'ns talk so fast. "Sample based boom bap" Does that mean you sequenced the drums & a bunch of loops?

It sounds good regardless, I'm just trying to get the terminology down.

If that's the case, how long did it take you to get all those samples? Did you get them from one source?

Thanks bro for the input and basically sample based boom bap is exactly what you said sequenced samples or hard drums. It took me a period of about six months to find and finish all these samples

1st is Chill ass sampled with perfect drums to support it. Ooo weee feeling these grimmy drums on the 2nd track. 3rd track is smooth but kinda not feeling the bass think it could of been a funkier grooving bass. 4th is not as punchy and kinda hallow in the mix i guess cause lack of instruments. Overall i hear your sampled stuff being bettter but good things come with practice and patience.

Sup fam, good work here, lovely jazz vibes. Sample in the first tune is lovely, drums fit so well with it as well. The second tune, nothing wrong with it just not as catchy! My fav is the beat at 8 mins, those jazzy samples and harp are nice and chilled, perfect to sit back to! I like the use of piano in your beats, are you playing that yourself? Check out my new joint, sampled boom-bap as well:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ean-price-kendrick-lamar-f4f-always-445366/2/

Wow the intro was so nice, literally listened with ears open for quite a while!
I love how this forum has so much talent. Please check me out and if possible hit me with some tips!

3:04-4:14 was honestly my favorite.
I def followed and hope you keep making more.

Back