Sippin' on that Sanni HipHop - Dak Reynold

Interesting concept for a track, educational too as i'd never heard of the sanitizer thing?

Def needs to be louder all round i think, had to turn my speakers right up to hear the lyrics properly. Also not sure about the effect on your voice, here and there would be alright but having it all the way through kinda looses any of the emphasis you add to words and makes it sounds a bit too monotone. Good track overall though, well written funny lyrics with a solid beat behind them - just crank up the volume!

Thanks for the feedback.
I have been having the worst time trying to get the level up without clipping, I'm using reaper it it seems to put all my songs out quieter after rendering. I'll compress it again and see if I can get the volume up.
It was just a pitch shift on my voice I was trying to go for like that slowed down tone on the voice and seeing how that was probably the first and last song I will ever rap on I figure there was no need to use my real voice (it's not very appealing when I sing).
Thanks and remember 1 shot of sanni goes along way!!

I use reaper also.And it always renders me final mp3 exactly how it was on work table.So problem is not there i think.
But yeah i like flow and lowered pitch effect,but it all needs to be higher.
Trippy as hell tho.

Thanks MMMLatvia, although reaper does not render in MP3 unless you use the LAME plugin which I do not. I'll try downloading it and see it it helps.
I did compress the f*ck out of the song but it still doesn't sound right. I tried the "LOSER" limiter in reaper on another song and it works great. So I'll give it a shot on this one, but at the end of the day I couldn't give a shit about quality, as it is a song about drinking hand sanitizer!!
Thanks for the feedback.

I never knew about it till about 2 months ago. People will do some crazy shit to get f*ck up.
2-40's-4-5 bucks does it for me.

Very conceptual track as said above I would like to say I like the tone of the vocals but maybe bring them out more in the mix. The beats solid and sets the mood. It sounds like some trip hop meets david bowie haha. Had me cracken up with some of those ridiculous lyrics ha never knew peeps got lifted off hand sanitizer.

Thanks Mikey, I adjusted the vocals and tried to raise the track volume a little.

They just had a segment on ABC news or whatever the other day talking about people drinking and getting f'ked on hand sanitizer. Apparently this has been going on for a while. I just don't see how people could even swallow the sh*t, and hell you can get a handle of McCormick's for under ten bucks.
Sip, sa, sip, sip, sippin' on that sanni. Sip, sippin on that sanni!

im digging the premis and the over all sound, really love that bass, but its kinda hard to understand at some times, work on EQing the downpitched vocals till its alil bit clearer.

Back